Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supenia4
nytesnyper i talked to the manager that used to run regency today, i believe his name is Nick Carter, anyway i needed to find out where they got the fog lights from for my front valance (air dam) and he said regency started out with Warner and that company went out of buisness and when it did they switched to PIAA. For the front valance goes, he said regency made there own valance using the mold they had. So they only way your going to be able to get one is if someone is selling theres and believe me it wouldnt be a bad idea to pick one up to have! i searched for a loooong time until i finally got my hands on one!
Sounds like I will be putting a SS front bumper on my truck when the valance gets to ratty to run anymore.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

they are definately one of a kind! just like the trucks!
its terrible how the economy has to be.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

It just sucks cause its gonna make it really hard to maintain these trucks. With no parts availability what do you do?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

You know, I had debated fixing mine and then molding it to attempt making another one. Might just try it... my only problem with the front is it is so brittle and very thin, was gonna try to make one thicker that could hold up to a little bit of punishment... truck is currently parked, but out here in TX ive always wondered what i'd do if i were to hit a deer... that'd be the end of that valence for sure.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

The valence is thin so it will flex more before cracking. Mine held up well, and I believe it will be going on my brothers HD now that I am changing my front end. The newer 06-07 Regency trucks had SSBC 14" rotors and "Force 10" caliper covers. How many guys destroyed their wheels before they realized it was the pads that were super corrosive? Nobody on here bought a 2006 Moss RST from altoona, pa with about 600 miles on it almost exactly 2 years back, did they?
1quickRST: Check with your buddy on the year and interior in his black on white RST are.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s10_onbagz
The valence is thin so it will flex more before cracking. Mine held up well, and I believe it will be going on my brothers HD now that I am changing my front end. The newer 06-07 Regency trucks had SSBC 14" rotors and "Force 10" caliper covers. How many guys destroyed their wheels before they realized it was the pads that were super corrosive? Nobody on here bought a 2006 Moss RST from altoona, pa with about 600 miles on it almost exactly 2 years back, did they?
1quickRST: Check with your buddy on the year and interior in his black on white RST are.
Mine hasnt held up so well... its got a ton of small holes in it from rocks coming up and just going straight through it. larger rocks seem to have just taken chunks out instead of tearing all the way through. Gotta love rocky TX roads.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

the air dams are fiberglass and should have been made out of abs plastic. if someone knew how to work with that they could make some money molding up new rst air dams. you know make a mold off of your current one and go to town. but easier said than done.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by s10_onbagz
mine had ceramic pads on it when i got it.... and i know my dad didnt change them out...
Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i found out i could get brand new rims a week after the warranty expired
Old 02-12-2009, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

hey s10 are you from altoona, pa?

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info