Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Silverado SS mods.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i still want to have low end but lots of top end to ???
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icy trans am
i still want to have low end but lots of top end to ???
Are you opposed to supercharging? A stock Magnacharger TVS kit would be an awesome upgrade and get you the results you are looking for and then some.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt do the TBS TC.. I had one and did not like it at all.. IMO, get a TCS billet 2800 stall.. you will love it.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

if its your DD go with the circle D 3000-3200 11 inch stall. picked up .5 tenths with just a converter in the 1/8th. Drives great around town and flashes right to 3 when i want it to. i love it.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

im gonna have to agree with kdavis04ss on the circleD. plus you can get it shipped to your door for around 375
Old 09-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Default i have a 2003 ss what cam should i get

i have a ss silverado with 131,000 miles on it here is a list of mod's emc tune done by kessler performance done in purcell oklahoma underdrive pulleys k&n cai magnaflow exaust 410 gears so i want to buy a cam and some headers and i dont know whatto get so please help me out
Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blake Norman
i have a ss silverado with 131,000 miles on it here is a list of mod's emc tune done by kessler performance done in purcell oklahoma underdrive pulleys k&n cai magnaflow exaust 410 gears so i want to buy a cam and some headers and i dont know whatto get so please help me out
The original post is quite old. You may be beneficial to create a seperate post in the forum (:
Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Blake Norman
It came factory with 4:10 gears, just a FYI
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Default SS Silverado modifications

I have an 03 SS Silverado that I landspeed race. Last Oct. eight months after getting out of a wheelchair that I had been in for over two years and suffering 100% memory loss I broke a C/Production Pickup landspeed record on the Monster Maxton Mile. At that time Ihad a K&N cai, Flowmaster exhaust w/ series 40 muflers and a Hypertec MaxEnergy Prgram tuneup. I ran in Sept. just to meet a goal I had set for myself in Feb. after reading about Maxton in a HotRod Magazine that a stack of had accumulated after I had a heart attack folowed by three strokes. I had not shown any interest in hotrods, racing or anything until my oldest Daughter and her husband rolled me around the circular drive that went back to my shop in Jan. When they turned the lights on and I saw a beautiful black Corvette, a black S Silverado truck, 37 Chevy hotrod Truck and a SS, RS, Indy Pacecar Camaro convertible sitting in the shop I imediately told my family that I wanted to drive again. Someone would carry me to the highschool parking lot three or four times per week in the evenings and weekends. After reading the article about Maxton I made a comittment to myself to run there in Sept. and I went back in Oct. and set the record at 126.999 mph.
I went to the inaugural Ohio Mile this past April with the cai, 1:8 to 1:00 ratio full roller rockers, beehive valve springs and just for reliability .100 wall thickness, 3/8" pushrods, ported throttle body, Dougs Headers remote controll cutouts, a HP tuneup and a tonno cover. I established two landspeed records and with a constant 25 mph quartering headwind ran 132.06 and 133.869. The article in Hotrod Magazine July issue started off about my first run and the last two paragraphs on the opposite page talked about me also. There was a good picture of my truck going through the traps in the July Bonneville Racing News with a caption underneath that said I would probably have ran 138+or- if it had not been for the wind and I didn't do an interview with anyone.
The truck has 48,000 miles on it and doesn't even breath hard running it usually four times at each meet not to mention the over 1,000 mile round trip.
I am going back again in April and I now have BBK headers and the cutouts dumping right behind them. I want to make one more external change and I am not sure what to do. I have thought about a FAST intake and I have read reviews of 15 and all the way up to 20 hp. Any sugestions on how to pickup 30 to 40 hp including the header change I have already made will be apreciated/

Garrell Patterson
Old 11-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Landspeed Racer
I have an 03 SS Silverado that I landspeed race. Last Oct. eight months after getting out of a wheelchair that I had been in for over two years and suffering 100% memory loss I broke a C/Production Pickup landspeed record on the Monster Maxton Mile. At that time Ihad a K&N cai, Flowmaster exhaust w/ series 40 muflers and a Hypertec MaxEnergy Prgram tuneup. I ran in Sept. just to meet a goal I had set for myself in Feb. after reading about Maxton in a HotRod Magazine that a stack of had accumulated after I had a heart attack folowed by three strokes. I had not shown any interest in hotrods, racing or anything until my oldest Daughter and her husband rolled me around the circular drive that went back to my shop in Jan. When they turned the lights on and I saw a beautiful black Corvette, a black S Silverado truck, 37 Chevy hotrod Truck and a SS, RS, Indy Pacecar Camaro convertible sitting in the shop I imediately told my family that I wanted to drive again. Someone would carry me to the highschool parking lot three or four times per week in the evenings and weekends. After reading the article about Maxton I made a comittment to myself to run there in Sept. and I went back in Oct. and set the record at 126.999 mph.
I went to the inaugural Ohio Mile this past April with the cai, 1:8 to 1:00 ratio full roller rockers, beehive valve springs and just for reliability .100 wall thickness, 3/8" pushrods, ported throttle body, Dougs Headers remote controll cutouts, a HP tuneup and a tonno cover. I established two landspeed records and with a constant 25 mph quartering headwind ran 132.06 and 133.869. The article in Hotrod Magazine July issue started off about my first run and the last two paragraphs on the opposite page talked about me also. There was a good picture of my truck going through the traps in the July Bonneville Racing News with a caption underneath that said I would probably have ran 138+or- if it had not been for the wind and I didn't do an interview with anyone.
The truck has 48,000 miles on it and doesn't even breath hard running it usually four times at each meet not to mention the over 1,000 mile round trip.
I am going back again in April and I now have BBK headers and the cutouts dumping right behind them. I want to make one more external change and I am not sure what to do. I have thought about a FAST intake and I have read reviews of 15 and all the way up to 20 hp. Any sugestions on how to pickup 30 to 40 hp including the header change I have already made will be apreciated/

Garrell Patterson

Do the longtube headers that you are talking about, ditch the flowmasters and go with something like a magnaflow and get a real tune from a site tuner. The Hypertech programers leave allot to be desired and the flowmaster exhaust is a waste. Just my opinion.