Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Silverado SS vs GMC Denali

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cheyenne383
So do what YOU think you should do. I'm not saying that to be a dick or anything, seriously do it. One of the many fights me and my ex-wife had was me resenting her making me sell off car projects. My current female stays the hell out of my vehicle decisions and money choices and it works great.
Well it is kinds complicated.

First off I don't believe in the his and her money thing. Sorry that just my beliefs. So whatever I buy we both have to agree on.

Second I have a little debt, nothing major or anything.

Third she is loaded, basically she is a trust fund girl but does not act like it for the most part. She could probably pay for my house twice over if she wanted too.

Fourth. I don't want anything to do with the money she has, because it comes from her father.
it might as well not extist to me and I won't allow her to spend any of it on me. Basically anything she buys with it I won't have anything to do with it and she knows that.

So whatever I buy we will buy together cause I don't have 15k cash laying around. So it will drive my beater for awhile to save up some money, but I will have to finance the rest. So that means eventually we will both be paying for it, but only with money from our paychecks. Which she does not make much compared to what I make... I probably make 3 times what she does...

Anyways sorry for the rant

Last edited by BlackGMC; 05-06-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC

First off I don't believe in the his and her money thing. Sorry that just my beliefs. So whatever I buy we both have to agree on.

Second I have a little debt, nothing major or anything.

Third she is loaded, basically she is a trust fund girl but does not act like it for the most part. She could probably pay for my house twice over if she wanted too.

Fourth. I don't want anything to do with the money she has, because it comes from her father.
it might as well not extist to me and I won't allow her to spend any of it on me. Basically anything she buys with it I won't have anything to do with it and she knows that.

So whatever I buy we will buy together cause I don't have 15k cash laying around. So it will drive my beater for awhile to save up some money, but I will have to finance the rest. So that means eventually we will both be paying for it, but only with money from her paycheck. Which is much compared to what I make... I probably make 3 times what she does...

Anyways sorry for the rant
PM sent for dads phone number, I have some great investment options for him

jk
Old 05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

perhaps it would be in your best interest to just hang onto your truck for now, until you can recover from the wedding and save up a few dollars for the next truck??
just a thought

im biased, as I like your truck alot and hate to see it go
Old 05-06-2009, 04:35 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC

Well, more power to you. You probably won't end up divorced like I did if you keep up the good work.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Location: On a one way dead end street... And I can't get out
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go over to Silveradoss.com there are some nice ones up for sale. mine included but not sure if I want to sell.
Its to bad you want an truck cause I got a 70 chevelle project that I would trade but still needs the motor and stuff back into the car got everything but this whole time and job thing sucks. GL
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackbeast ss
remeber only the sierra denali C3 are quadrasteer...not all of them are... but SS FTW!
The C3 was on 2001 and it was a ext cab with an 4l65, lq4, awd and NO Quadrasteer. It became the sierra denali in 02 when it got quadrasteer. In 05 the sierra denali turned into a crewcab and lost quadrasteer and gained the lq9.

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Ive said it over and over again...the 1500HD is the best starting point there is. I'm not a fan of the SS, I'd take the denali over it every day
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I mean look at it. It's a crew cab with a LQ4 and 4l80e, 14 bolt, and 4wd. People on here spend thousands of dollars trying to replicate that setup when you can get it from the factory. There is a slight weight penalty, but i think the advantages vastly outweigh that.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:53 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
I mean look at it. It's a crew cab with a LQ4 and 4l80e, 14 bolt, and 4wd. People on here spend thousands of dollars trying to replicate that setup when you can get it from the factory. There is a slight weight penalty, but i think the advantages vastly outweigh that.
There's a lot more weight... those things are pigs, I've driven a modded one and it even felt pretty slow.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

curb weight is 5613 lbs for the 4wd 1500HD. AWD SS is 5298 lbs. So basically 300lbs. But you've also got a beefier trans, axles, frame, etc.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Well we just had a long conversation about what is going to happen with my future truck/car needs... I am going to give selling the truck as is a few weeks, if it does not sell then i will just sell my beater, then start demoding the truck, sell off parts slowly. Save up enough to pay cash for whatever we decide is best for us, Sell the truck prior to buying something. We will be traveling to Colorado frequently (her family lives there), so i might need 4wd or AWD.... But i am 99% sure i will be buying another truck to start modding again.... The second time around will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier and cheaper, since i know what works and doesn't....

Thanks for all the help guys!

Originally Posted by cheyenne383
Well, more power to you. You probably won't end up divorced like I did if you keep up the good work.
Man if i came off all high and mighty that was not my intention at all, that was just the way i was raised and that is what I believe... Currently she lives with me and pays some rent (just enough that she feels like she is contributing), but we split all the groceries and stuff... Actually i hate doing it but until we are married that is the way we decided to do it...

Quick Reply: Silverado SS vs GMC Denali