Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Wats ur top SPEED??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have sent Zippy my cell number.

My cell number is public knowledge on many auction sites. If he were to give it out, other then being rather immature, wouldn't be a big ordeal.

I am not a liar, that is the only point I have to prove here.

I value many peoples advise on this site and do not want to loose the respect from people on here, based on a few peoples personal opinions.

All these trucks mentioned now have new owners. I have no way of contacting, and really could careless about everyones opinion about these trucks. The latest one of all mentioned was sold 3 years ago. The black jimmy was sold in 2002 and the black sonoma was sold in 2001. It would be a rather difficult effort to locate these or their new owners.

I will not however, take lightly someone thinking I am a liar. You can mock me, you can make fun of me, but don't consider me a liar.

And yes, you can buy some drugs from me, I have a 250 caplet bottle of Excedrin sitting right next to me. I doubt you would get high off these, but they do seem to do well with my migraines.

Last edited by cttandy; 09-23-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cttandy
Once again do the math on the gearing. I know its not an exact science, I know aerodynamics and drag limitation equate into things, but I can tell you it was well in excess of 130 mph.
it doesn't matter how low the gearing was or how light it is, you did not have anywhere close to enough power to make it go 155
Old 09-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Notorious BIG

i went 140mph on my scooter yesterday, i can prove it on youtube
Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Teching In

me and my buddy got his srt-10 truck to 160mph. 135 is as far as iv gone in my truck.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dlt76028
it doesn't matter how low the gearing was or how light it is, you did not have anywhere close to enough power to make it go 155
Mmm, Ok, you wanna phone number too. I mean I have a witness, all it would take is a simple phone call to back up my story. I mean, I am not saying anything that can't be verified.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok ok....like i said before I think this whole thread is a bit lame. Anyone can mash the gas and go fast...It how long it takes to get there that counts!

cttandy for what it's worth, I believe you but frankly it doesn't make a cats *** difference to me
Old 09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by trever1t
ok ok....like i said before I think this whole thread is a bit lame. Anyone can mash the gas and go fast...It how long it takes to get there that counts!

cttandy for what it's worth, I believe you but frankly it doesn't make a cats *** difference to me

Thank you kind Sir. Your opinion of me, means a great deal, as you are one I respect on here. Someone who has done, and not just talked about. When the yoohoo gets a 6.0L, you will be one I will consult on advice for a good cam and stall convertor setup, that will still enable me to pull a trailer. But that is for another post and another day.

Your comment is big point I am trying to get across here. How often can you really kick open a vehicle to its full speed potential, very seldom if ever. Sure a vehicle with more power will let you get there more often, but really slow vehicles properly setup can get incredible top end speed for what the vehicle maybe to begin with.

Early bonneville salt flat cars where running across the desert with flat head ford's at one time. Those flat heads in the beginning where doing good to make 50-75 hp, and they were going out and running 125-130 mph with them. Given enough distance, nearly any vehicle can achieve deep into the 3digit numbers.

Does this matter to me, yes, I would one day love to break 200 mph barrier, and I want to do it in a brick, just to prove people wrong. But I want to do it in a safe, controlled area. I have 2 little girls that I would love to come home to after I am done. I am done with high speed runs on the open road with uncontrollable eliments and cars that weren't designed to do so. Spend some seat time with a performance driver making comments about what your doing, and your mind changes quickly about things like this. However, I was once young, dumb, and fearless.

For those that said a V6 s-10 couldn't go fast

http://www.sportmachines.com/wiki/ti...d+Speed+Record

The majority of the people on this site seem more directed on how fast they can get to an achieved speed. Maybe this should be changed to how fast did you go and how long did it take you to get there.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

X amount of coefficient of drag takes X amount of power. There are only two ways to go faster, reduce drag or increase power. I'm not getting involved saying how fast you went, just stating the facts.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stoichiometric
X amount of coefficient of drag takes X amount of power. There are only two ways to go faster, reduce drag or increase power. I'm not getting involved saying how fast you went, just stating the facts.
Yeppers, didn't I mention something to that degree earlier. For what it is worth, the sonoma had a hard aluminum bed cover with vinyl stretched over it. Granted, I don't think it made a huge difference, but had to be better then an open bed.

And as I said, I don't know for a fact how fast I went. I only said timing it off the mile markers as mest we could, and equating distance traveled in set time. Neither of these are exact, only subjective and close estimate. We had to be at least 130-140 range but once again, I can't be 100% certain about this, only a close guestimate.

On another note, given aerodynamics and drag, I was impressed with my Dad's 92 Mitsubishi Montero. Talk about a brick, there wasn't a rounded surface on that truck. Fully loaded, including the massive sunroof and the drivers air ride seat, 3.0L V6 and a 5 spd manual 4x4, I sat in the back while my Dad got it up to 110 mph. The aerodynamics were so bad, and the metal so thin, that around 95 mph the hood starting popping up and down at the front of the hood, and by 110 the entire hood looked like it was about to blow off, and the windshield wipers started coming off. At about that point, my mom woke up and nearly had a heart attack. We never got a chance for another attempt.

Last edited by cttandy; 09-23-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cttandy
I can't be 100% certain about this, only a close guestimate.
155 in an S10

Quick Reply: Wats ur top SPEED??