Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Wats ur top SPEED??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hit 155 in my 340 rwhp camaro ss, it weighs a bit more than 2200 though

most ive gone in the truck is about 140.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have to agree with zippy... 100%.

i had, well actually still have, a 300 awhp evo that doesnt weigh much under 3k. it ran 12s, nothing too fast. i nearly topped it out at 160 mph, it was barely climbing. also, its on coilovers lowered 2" (its slammed), has a rediculous rear spoiler thats actually fuctional, a huge windsail looking diffuser in the front, front canards, and aluminum aerodynamic undercarraige add-ons. long story short... im 2-3 inches off the ground, areodynamic, hardly any rolling mass (forged alum wheels, 2 piece brembos), and much more power than any 2.8 could dream of, and i had a hard time getting 170. it wouldve taken 2 miles or so, if it even was possible. so, i just find it hard to believe.

and ive sure seen what an incredibly unaerodynamic car can do/will do at high speeds... my truck has roughly 550 whp, and i honestly dont know what it weighs its too modified. its prob arround 5600lbs, give or take a few hundred pounds. i have hit over 160 mph in the truck, but if you throw rediculous ammounts of power at things i guess its a given. i do however, have real proof. i have log files. they cant lie lol
Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

hey buddy i think a have a picture of that 155mph s-10 that you sold. it was a beach setting portrait taken on my ocean front property in oklahoma. i will give it to you though youre very good at intelegently explaining a load of crap
Old 09-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Banned

nbbs' 130mph + @ 5800 RPM < until driveshaft Flew off < Wasn't that nice<
Old 09-24-2008, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cttandy

My next one will be an all fiberglassed body with a 302 stroker (283 block with a 327 crank), and a 4 spd transmission. My Dad and I have been planning to build it for nearly 5 years now as family project.
I had no idea that a 307 Chevy is actually a 302 stroker motor. I junked a lot of those over the years not realizing their potential. Learn something new everyday.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99RedRagSS
I had no idea that a 307 Chevy is actually a 302 stroker motor. I junked a lot of those over the years not realizing their potential. Learn something new everyday.

OK,OK, I said that backwards so shoot me, the exact oposite, 327 with a 283 crank. The other way around does make a 307, but properly built, that motor can be a screamer too.

The little guy (302) is cappable of about 9000 rpm built right, and able to run that all day long. The most I have heard of one making is 450 hp, that was a consistent motor that would hold together. People have made them make more power but they wouldn't hold together.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/how-...evy-67938.html

Somebody out there makes a full build manual that you can buy to walk you through the process of the technically de-stroked 302. Awesome motor.

Passed that, anyone can PM me and I will give you the number of the witness that was in the truck with me. The ring leader in here, hasn't even had enough guts to call me on this deal. I didn't come in here for a fight, I didn't come in here to start some lie. I told the truth, and presented the facts I have. If anyone would like to find take the time, to figure all the gearing, and the drag co-effiencents and what not, and come up with a real speed for that truck then more power to you. I told you what everything figures out to as close as we can get it, that doesn't constitute a lie, that only is a statement of what we were able to figure, if you can take the information I have provided and come up with a more accurate speed then please present that. Until then, get a life, stop bashing on something that shakes your little world. You baffled and amazed it didn't take some sort of high horsepower specail built to acheive high speeds. There have been many records of such little vehicles acheive very high speeds. If you do much study there is a point break, usually around 160-175 mph that does take alot of power to pass. I never stated I went that fast. I also never stated with 100% certainty that I went that 155. I simply stated thats what the math figures out to be, and I beleive I have mentioned more then once that there were many holes in that, particularly human error with a stop watch, although it was done about 5 times, we took the average.

You are not talking to some little kid here. I am 26 and the guy on the stop watch is in his 30's. Collect your man hood, send me a PM, and I will send you a phone number. If you still don't believe then thats your right. To many people on internet forums want to play the bully role, and don't want to believe anything outside the box. We build performance trucks, everything we do is outside the box, thats why we do it, because people don't expect it.

Well, I have work to get to. Ya'll have fun in here, bashing on a very different concept then you might have ever seen before.

Last edited by cttandy; 09-24-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lucky77
nbbs' 130mph + @ 5800 RPM < until driveshaft Flew off < Wasn't that nice<
you had a driveshaft failure on a NBS?? please tell me more, i had an 07 tahoe catch on fire with me driving it due to a driveshaft failure
Old 09-25-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned

Yeah < broke in 2 pieces < who knows where the other piece Landed, i still can't find it >
Old 09-25-2008, 12:59 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by cttandy
OK,OK, I said that backwards so shoot me, the exact oposite, 327 with a 283 crank. The other way around does make a 307, but properly built, that motor can be a screamer too.

The little guy (302) is cappable of about 9000 rpm built right, and able to run that all day long. The most I have heard of one making is 450 hp, that was a consistent motor that would hold together. People have made them make more power but they wouldn't hold together.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/how-...evy-67938.html

Somebody out there makes a full build manual that you can buy to walk you through the process of the technically de-stroked 302. Awesome motor.

Passed that, anyone can PM me and I will give you the number of the witness that was in the truck with me. The ring leader in here, hasn't even had enough guts to call me on this deal. I didn't come in here for a fight, I didn't come in here to start some lie. I told the truth, and presented the facts I have. If anyone would like to find take the time, to figure all the gearing, and the drag co-effiencents and what not, and come up with a real speed for that truck then more power to you. I told you what everything figures out to as close as we can get it, that doesn't constitute a lie, that only is a statement of what we were able to figure, if you can take the information I have provided and come up with a more accurate speed then please present that. Until then, get a life, stop bashing on something that shakes your little world. You baffled and amazed it didn't take some sort of high horsepower specail built to acheive high speeds. There have been many records of such little vehicles acheive very high speeds. If you do much study there is a point break, usually around 160-175 mph that does take alot of power to pass. I never stated I went that fast. I also never stated with 100% certainty that I went that 155. I simply stated thats what the math figures out to be, and I beleive I have mentioned more then once that there were many holes in that, particularly human error with a stop watch, although it was done about 5 times, we took the average.

You are not talking to some little kid here. I am 26 and the guy on the stop watch is in his 30's. Collect your man hood, send me a PM, and I will send you a phone number. If you still don't believe then thats your right. To many people on internet forums want to play the bully role, and don't want to believe anything outside the box. We build performance trucks, everything we do is outside the box, thats why we do it, because people don't expect it.

Well, I have work to get to. Ya'll have fun in here, bashing on a very different concept then you might have ever seen before.

I think if you held the pedal to the floor for SEVERAL miles, that truck might reach 140 or so. Was the truck stock?
________
Headshop

Last edited by A Low Dime; 09-02-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
I think if you held the pedal to the floor for SEVERAL miles, that truck might reach 140 or so. Was the truck stock?
no, I mentioned earlier it had heads of some sort and a cam, that I know of, I am unsure of anything else as the previous owner did it. My dad bought the truck and gave it to me when I was 17, thats all he could remeber the guy saying. I ordered a chip and put in it. The truck sounded exactly like a V8 at an idle, had many people ask me how hard the V8 swap was. I figure it had around 150 hp. I also mentioned earlier, that it took about a mile and a half. The truck would do 50mph in first, 75mph second and would peg the speedo in third (89). Once shifted into 4th, there was a wait for it to accel at that point.

We built a barn and hauled 1750 lbs of rough cut lumber home in the bed before I did all the body work to the truck. It carried it home like there was no problem.

Last edited by cttandy; 09-25-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Wats ur top SPEED??