Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

What does the Joe Gibbs $3200 upgrade include?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:40 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the Joe Gibbs $3200 upgrade include?

I have heard about one that is solid red 05 SBRC. Does anyone know what mods it would have. I assume the re are different package levels.

Pics would be great!

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

they come with a radix supercharger, nice 20" rims, corsa exhaust, and a bunch of little appearence things like stitched seats, custom guages, decals etc. nice trucks IMO

i think they have shorty headers but im not 100% on that one
Old 09-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Teching In

I think you are referring to the early '05 Sport Silverado package - it includes wheels (Hyper Silver not Hper Black), Corsa exhaust, 2" rear drop, gauge cluster, number plaque, and front fascia with urethane badges. It does NOT include the RADIX or the full decor package. $3200 is a low number, but the only package close to that would be the Sport Pack.

If you want to build a fast Gibbs truck, this is a good starting point, as you can get the supercharger kit from Vehicle Performance Solutions and build it up from there. VPS has both intercooled and non-intercooled kits.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:16 PM

Yeah after looking at the pics I have, the description you gave does sound like the early 05' Sport pack. The package was actually $5495.00 retail.

I'm still fighting witht the insurance company right now, but it does look like a nice truck. Thanks for the info!

James
Old 09-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Teching In

If the list price is $5,495 - then I think you have a late '05 Super Street Silverado. Spotting feature is the billet grille. This truck does NOT include the Corsa Exhaust or drop shackles as standard. They would add about $800 to the base price of $5,495. Still a good start, but the Sport truck emphasized performance options and the Super Street was more about looks. Wheels on the Super Street are the same as the traditional Gibbs Premium Silverado.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

My 05 consist of :
Hyper silver wheels
Corsa cat back
2" rear drop
Billit Grill
Silver gauges
Gibbs shifter (5speed)
gibbs shocks (much stiffer)
urathane emblems

Cost of package $3710
Old 10-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Teching In

That is the the standard "Sport Package" except for the billet grille (must have been a dealer add-on). The giveaway is the urethane badges. They were ONLY used on the "Sport" packages.

MSRP on that package for a 4.8L Manual would have been $4,574.

The later Super Street Package would include a Billet Grille and use the DieCast Badges. It would have excluded the Corsa, the suspension, and substituted HyperBlack for HyperSilver wheels.

The only other place where those Urethane Badges were used is on the Tony Stewart Monte Carlo Special Edition that was built by Decoma for GM. Decoma also built all of the Gibbs trucks.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:12 PM

My 05 JGP RCSB 5.3 A4 has the 20" Hyper Silver Wheels, HD shocks, lowered rear to level, custom silver dash gage inlays, Urethane badging and the Corsa cat-back. It does not have the billet grille. I love it!!
Old 10-08-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

I got mine on a dealer trade. I was looking for a high optioned 5 speed and we just stumbled across it. they called about it and found it to be a joe gibbs. They hadn't ever even heard of it. I was like $3700! Hell yeah I'll take it! I'm sure the $3710 was their cost of the package and my dealership just didn't mark it up for the profit like they were supposed to do. I bought and paid for it that day sight-unseen. I didn't want to give them a chance to change their mind when they saw it. I never got any kind of build sheet on it other than GM's. I just poked my nose around on it and figured out what it had.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So do you go through a regular chevy dealership to get a JGP silverado? Im looking for a blown 4.8 auto.

Quick Reply: What does the Joe Gibbs $3200 upgrade include?