Site Suggestions Site Suggestions & Comments

NEW performancetrucks.net banner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KozzyJr
meh i think the banner should just consist of the big three only. american trucks for an american site. you start letting Jap trucks in you might as well let the ricers in too.
Like I stated, The name of the site is PerformanceTrucks.net, not AmericanBig3.net. What's with the hating on other brands. My truck was designed by Americans in Torrance California, and built in America. I mean other than the lightning, if your gonna have an F150 up there, then it really isn't a performance truck site.

Don't wanna come off as an ***, and if the tundra is left off the banner due to popular vote, then so be it. My only argument is don't let the brand be the deciding factor. Performance should be the only factor.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueSSS
Should be all color. And yes, some pics, trucks have wrong angles, but looks good here. Nice work.
Color in the SSS, heck yours is the right color, just do it.

Originally Posted by 05gmcsierra
new one.. like what we have but with newer trucks...

Lookin good.

Originally Posted by SLOXCAB
I always forget there are other trucks on here besides chevys lol
Originally Posted by TIM Z
Cuz there are plenty of foriegn forums already out there.

Dont want to hear bull **** where they are built either. thats a different thread.
Originally Posted by zeake
No nissans no titans this site needs to be proud of AMERICAN TRUCKS.
I'm w/. you guys.

True Lee, GM, Ford & Dodge.

Originally Posted by Static54
... It is weird I'm just used to scrolling past all the other forums.
Hit that lil arrow on the right by ea. forum. It condenses ea u don't wanna read. I use it on Ford, Dodge & Foreign.

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
BTW...updated(ing) the first post for size measurements. I didn't put that in there originally...DOH.

the current pic is 531X120. I think if we double the length that would be the max. 1062 X 120 would be the max. So anywhere from 1062 X 120 down to 531 X 120.

Originally Posted by KozzyJr
meh i think the banner should just consist of the big three only. american trucks for an american site. ...
I'm w/. you & others on this.

Originally Posted by BlueSSS
everyone needs to come to an agreement, there are some fast tundras runnin around maybe a few titans but not many on here, so someone should make a poll about which trucks to put up.
That's easy. Most dominant are U.S. trucks, just look at the post counts.

Originally Posted by socaliallstar82
Like I stated, The name of the site is PerformanceTrucks.net, not AmericanBig3.net. What's with the hating on other brands. My truck was designed by Americans in Torrance California, and built in America. I mean other than the lightning, if your gonna have an F150 up there, then it really isn't a performance truck site. ...
It's not AmericanBig3.net?
By now, it's Gov't Motors (ya, they don't like that moniker), Ferd, & Fiat.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

99% Of the discussion on this site is about Chevrolet and GMC Trucks and LSx engines.

Its barely OK to have the Ford and the Dodge in the banner due to this reason, but i can accept them and encourage them because they are american and we share a freindly rivalry.

I cant and wont accept a damn jap truck in the banner for ONE guy who likes them.

Put jap crap in the banner and see lots of us go BYE BYE.

Toyota is foreign and always will be no matter where there are built. If you likie them thats fine but they dont belong in the banner, just the foriegn discussion section.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the banner really affect whether you come to the site or not? Damn, I thought we came here for the info, but I guess not.

Hopefully the admins will chime in on this before **** gets out of hand.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:16 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Where in the current banner does it say DomesticPerformanceTrucks.net?

I enjoy all the competition here, sure i understand Domestic over Import from and economical stand, but this is a damn informational website. I say put them all up there but use generic pictures (one color, 1 size as in rcsb or ecsb of each big manufacturer yota, dodge, chevy, gmc, them being for noticeable then ford and then maybe throw in a small truck like a colorado or somthing) to make it unbiased even if its more gm based.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh it won't get to far out of hand. The intent in the beginning of pt.net was for all truck owners, ALL truck owners to have a technical site to come to and exchange information and now hopefully have a little more options for a place for BS'ing. The tough part is this site is a spin off of LS1Tech. It's roots are Chevy/GM. I don't mean tough as in bad, just tough as in that's the base, no denying that and it shouldn't be ignored nor ever forgotten. Rather any of ya like it or not, we have always been a multi truck site but it has always been populated by us Chevy/GM guys, to the simple fact that we started it.

At the end of the day, that's really up to IB, the owners. I'll kick around the voting idea but that's not our say. I respect and understand EVERYBODY'S opinion on it, but for now my opinion is let it go. It's not that's big of a deal. As said from others, pay no attention to the threads you aren't interested in and leave the moderating to the mods (keeping threads clean of nonsensical arguing).

Me personally, I'd like to see a logo style banner. The pics of everyone's trucks isn't necessary and as you can see, may stir up the 2nd grade arguments. Something simple, yet tasteful and grabby. But alas, I left it up to the members, so you guys get to work it out. At the end of the day, if you don't make something I don't like I still may come up with a one for decals.

I gotta tell you all though, the participation is nice. It's great to see it. Keep it up and we'll keep this going until we see it settle down then we'll put up a vote of the pics.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DV2000NJ
Does the banner really affect whether you come to the site or not? Damn, I thought we came here for the info, but I guess not.

Hopefully the admins will chime in on this before **** gets out of hand.
Originally Posted by 2005 Silverado
Where in the current banner does it say DomesticPerformanceTrucks.net?

I enjoy all the competition here, sure i understand Domestic over Import from and economical stand, but this is a damn informational website. I say put them all up there but use generic pictures (one color, 1 size as in rcsb or ecsb of each big manufacturer yota, dodge, chevy, gmc, them being for noticeable then ford and then maybe throw in a small truck like a colorado or somthing) to make it unbiased even if its more gm based.
Thank you! My thought exactly.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TIM Z
99% Of the discussion on this site is about Chevrolet and GMC Trucks and LSx engines.

Its barely OK to have the Ford and the Dodge in the banner due to this reason, but i can accept them and encourage them because they are american and we share a freindly rivalry.

I cant and wont accept a damn jap truck in the banner for ONE guy who likes them.

Put jap crap in the banner and see lots of us go BYE BYE.

Toyota is foreign and always will be no matter where there are built. If you likie them thats fine but they dont belong in the banner, just the foriegn discussion section.
couldnt say it better my self
Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Man I'd really hate to see some of you guys go over a banner....
Old 05-02-2011, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by socaliallstar82
Man I'd really hate to see some of you guys go over a banner....

no one is going nowhere.. a banner with jap trucks will not get chosen by members here anyways..

Quick Reply: NEW performancetrucks.net banner!!!