Site Suggestions Site Suggestions & Comments

NEW performancetrucks.net banner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

working on a new one with and LS engine in the picture.. and updating my first one with no trucks also.. any suggestions let me know.. im agains foreign trucks on my banners so u wont c that.. and keepping them simple enough to make them into decals etc...
Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 05-03-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 05-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am still for the one with the truck sliding in the lot, with the name over the smoke.. It is simple, plane, not 15 trucks on the banner, looks sick. The one with all the trucks, looks over done, the tire tracks is over done. Just me.. Or the one with the speedometer on it is ok.. Again this site is branched from a GM based site. The foreign guys still have there sections, if you look in them, they have little to no activity in them..
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
BTW...updated(ing) the first post for size measurements. I didn't put that in there originally...DOH.

the current pic is 531X120. I think if we double the length that would be the max. 1062 X 120 would be the max. So anywhere from 1062 X 120 down to 531 X 120.
Originally Posted by dewmanshu
... The tough part is this site is a spin off of LS1Tech. It's roots are Chevy/GM. I don't mean tough as in bad, just tough as in that's the base, no denying that and it shouldn't be ignored nor ever forgotten. Rather any of ya like it or not, we have always been a multi truck site but it has always been populated by us Chevy/GM guys, to the simple fact that we started it.

At the end of the day, that's really up to IB, the owners. I'll kick around the voting idea but that's not our say. I respect and understand EVERYBODY'S opinion on it, but for now my opinion is let it go. It's not that's big of a deal. As said from others, pay no attention to the threads you aren't interested in and leave the moderating to the mods (keeping threads clean of nonsensical arguing).

Me personally, I'd like to see a logo style banner. The pics of everyone's trucks isn't necessary and as you can see, may stir up the 2nd grade arguments. Something simple, yet tasteful and grabby. But alas, I left it up to the members, so you guys get to work it out. At the end of the day, if you don't make something I don't like I still may come up with a one for decals.

I gotta tell you all though, the participation is nice. It's great to see it. Keep it up and we'll keep this going until we see it settle down then we'll put up a vote of the pics.
Well said Dewey.

Originally Posted by TIM Z
... Someone needs to incorporate pics of blowers/ prochargers/ turbos, No2 and camshafts into the back round behind the trucks. And the trucks need to include one Silverado and one GMC. And there only needs to be two trucks LOL.
I'd almost think that somebody squealed on my idea here, as I've had the idea to do these engine pics since I 1st posted on this thread. Also, another idea is rotating trucks from members. It should then never get boring.

Originally Posted by 05gmcsierra
working on a new one with and LS engine in the picture.. and updating my first one with no trucks also.. any suggestions let me know.. im against foreign trucks on my banners so u wont c that.. and keeping them simple enough to make them into decals etc...
OK , here ya go. I've been busy w/. work & I got a lot of great pics from members on here. Some did little to help, & Dewey killed me w/. the resize, but if ya want the orig. size pics, I can do that & u trim to size.

Here's goes. What I think are a great representation of this site. I turbo, 1 bottle, & 1 blower. I've a great NA pic, but I didn't contact the member for permission. These guys were all cool w/. it tho. Thanks to them.

Now maybe we did do somethin like this & add in an angled Chevy & GMC or just the big 3 (incl. the GMC as truck 4 if ya want) & maybe one of those tachs. Whatdaya think?

Here are the original sizes.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can work with those pictures.. may b the Blower one u can get me anotherk ones where the sun doesn't affect it as much.. ill try to c what I can do. Size is killing me tho! Lol.. ill try to work on them later tonight I got school in a bit
Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Baltimore Whore

That will look entirely to over done...
Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i might find a way to fade it in the background.. with the size of the banner i cant add much to it.. but ill c what i can do... may b just a blower a turbo and a bottle by them selfs not on trucks would also work.. we dont want tundra members saying the blowers were not on tundras..lol just messing around jason..
Old 05-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Baltimore Whore

Butt hurt ricers Wait they didn't even have a truck with a V8 till like a month ago.. hahahaha..
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Butt hurt ricers Wait they didn't even have a truck with a V8 till like a month ago.. hahahaha..
lmao!!!!

Quick Reply: NEW performancetrucks.net banner!!!