Site Suggestions Site Suggestions & Comments

PerformanceTrucks.net acquired by Internet Brands, Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHAGO
there are gonna be ads like a **** on here now!
Hopefully not.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Something more or less like your sig??
nah, I dont make money off my site, nor does it have google ads like all the sites that are under the umbrella of Internet Brands. If you dont believe me, go check out each site and see how they all have google ads.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nah, I dont make money off my site, nor does it have google ads like all the sites that are under the umbrella of Internet Brands. If you dont believe me, go check out each site and see how they all have google ads.

SO Mr. Crusader....

If I offered you advertising money to place an ad on your site you would not accept it? And after 25-30 people started paying you for space on your site lets say you were making a profit of 4500 per month, and Brand X offered you 3 times gross for ownership of your site, you are saying you would not sell it?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Guys, please keep in mind these fella's have held the keys to this place since MARCH. The only changes I personally know of are a migration to new servers and updating the site to the newest version of VBulletin. Let's leave the rest for if/when we have to deal with it. I'm sure these guys know not to mess with a good thing....
Old 07-24-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
SO Mr. Crusader....

If I offered you advertising money to place an ad on your site you would not accept it? And after 25-30 people started paying you for space on your site lets say you were making a profit of 4500 per month, and Brand X offered you 3 times gross for ownership of your site, you are saying you would not sell it?
Im not knocking the sale or anything like that, Im just saying I noticed a common thing on all those sites were the google ads. I do accept advertising from legitimate sponsors just like this site does.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:36 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im not knocking the sale or anything like that, Im just saying I noticed a common thing on all those sites were the google ads. I do accept advertising from legitimate sponsors just like this site does.

OK, I just wanted to clear up your statement "I don't make money off my site"
Old 07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how longer do we have to wait for a working order "search" feature, and the options?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
OK, I just wanted to clear up your statement "I don't make money off my site"
I dont.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Search will be working again with the new software update, which should be by the end of the month. The powers that be decided to wait to fix it with the update rather than spend an enormous amount of time fixing something that was to be replaced shortly, and I have to agree with their line of thinking on that one, lol.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

An announcement should be made shortly about the migration to the new servers. I believe that will be happening this week. Once that happens the upgraded software will be next. Once the new software is done the new search feature will be implemented.

If it was all done at once the universe as we know it might explode(again )......or so I was told.

Chago - Why don't you start a thread about your new truck. I'd like to ask some questions. About the google ads, well we'd like to steer clear of them. This sale didn't happen overnight and things like this were definately discussed before hand. For now and the foreseeable future I don't see any major changes happening except for the better(hardware/software/new add on features). A year/two/three down the road who knows, I can't predict the future, wish I could. I think IB is commited to allowing the sites to grow and continue to operate in the fashion that has made them successful, not change things up and "rock the boat".

With all that said I will lock this thread now like the threads on Tech. I think most everything has been covered and when I have any new announcements about server/software upgrades they will be posted.