Site Suggestions Site Suggestions & Comments

Removing post counting from New Members section

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO, I can promise you I'm at the bottom of the list to be next in line for the job.

I use the New Posts function every time I log on and sometimes going through 3 pages of bullshit new members threads gets annoying.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
Hey, then there are guys like me, I like to listen more than run my mouth.
Exactly. I mostly just read. Guess I'm one of the few who actually uses the search button. If theres something I can help with, Ill post up. Usually someone beats me to it, or the thread is over my head. I have less than 30 posts and I've bought a truck, and 87mm tb off here. Bought an Lq9 off tech. I have 1 post/thread in the classifieds @ tbssowners.com. Bought a tbss intake there.

I think the post count thing in the classifieds is kind of pointless. Its all a trust issue, when you break it down. Either youre a scammer or not. Look at what 06tx4.8 is dealing with. That transaction went down at the seller's house. And w/o double checking, I think that guy had over 30 posts. All just my $.02...
Old 04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scotthughes
I for one use the count to help half *** judge who to believe and who to take advice from. I'd someone has seven thousand post...I know they've done their share of reading and take this stuff serious lik1 I do. I don't base everything off this obviously, but it helps.
Me too, although I will point out that some of the smartest sons-of-bitches that I have met through this site have a really really low number of post counts, they usually just lurk for what info they are looking for and go about their business. So some advice given out by 20 post count guys I sometimes pay a little more attention too.

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Yea. If they have 7k posts and they've only been here 2 years they probably just post random bullshit or just ask a lot of questions and never learn anything.
Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
What if they've been here 3 years with 8k posts
Dudes, 3 years, just south of 10K posts and I'm even gone half the year chasing mermaids and being chased by pirates, and I still have learned VERY little! I got both you pansies beat!!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Chased by butt pirates?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:07 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know...can you say AARRRGGGGGG??
Old 04-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

FREE POST!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

BUMP!!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should be banned. I understand where you are coming from. It is annoying. It has only happen to me a couple of times, but I'm not on here near as much as you.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

i can see where scott is coming from, especially if u use the new post, and yes, i will claim my one post count lol
Old 04-19-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silverad04
I agree with removing the post count, and not just because of people trying to meet the requirement for the for sale section, but also because in many cases I feel it encourages a false sense of superiority. Their demeanor changes. Kind of like the idea of a telephone tough talker. Also, in many cases people feel they have to chit and **** on inexperienced members because they feel many new member questions are cliché' or to amateur to be posted in any section(not the case). I myself don't believe in a stupid question.....just stupid people. Rob
Well said

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Chased by butt pirates?
It's posts like this that are pointless, except for the fact that they make me laugh.

I am very new to the performance thing. I came from a highschool were a muddy truck with true duals and a rebel flag and some mud tires was the coolest truck you could have. So I need all the help I can get. I appreciate all the help from the members who have been around a little longer.

As far as the post count goes, I don't even have 500 . . . but I do like to chime in and tell someone they have a good looking truck or i enjoyed their post or whatever because I like reading the same stuff. Sometimes I'm afraid to post though cause I don't want some a$$hole flaming me for being green.

Quick Reply: Removing post counting from New Members section