Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

67 C-10 on ebay bidding over 100k!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That frame I think was powdercoated, if not still sanding it and painting is time consuming. Frame off restorations. Notice the 3k$ brakes. New rear end. You missed easy 10$ just off the top of my head and not going back and looking at it. I remember the insides had alot of custom fiberglassing. Ok even IF it only cost this guy 50k (lets use your number) then He said if it doesnt sell for "triple" digits he will keep it and drive it. So IT DOESNT HAVE TO SELL. But even all those parts cost 50k to buy have shipped to him. Now you 50k sitting in boxes. Is his time installing 50k and doing the fab work, like painting it, that probably a 5k paint job atleast, the fiberglassing. This can go on forever.

I just cant stand when someone hates on someone else work that is OBVIOUSLY has MANY hours and dollars into it!

Im sure your buddy can take his 71 and for 50k aside from teh 2500 he payed for it have a sweet truck. But it will lack in some area's that that truck didnt.

Notice how it says GM crate 6.0(thats a pretty penny) GM 4l65e tranny, OUCH! Thats ATLEAST 6K right thier. Its what he paid now we all know he can find a 6.0 used or pulled out for cheaper and have it and the tranny rebuilt for less. This list can go on forever!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Launching!

^^ I agree. He used top dollar parts for that truck and i could kinda understand his pride about it but damn it would be horrible having to be buying that thing from that guy. It just kinda seems instead of building it for the passion of building and driving it he did it for his ego. Kinda like those car collectors that don't drive the cars they buy, They own it but don't REALLY appreciate it. You can obviously tell the guys that built this were very passionate about their work, i couldn't do that. Put hundreds of hours into something like that, then just let it go. The exhaust is kinda gawdy too.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

You guys would be surprised how fast the $$$ add up. I bought my '57 Belair from a guy who had over $65K dollars in it....with NO custom work other than the Corvette IRS, which was a weld in deal. My car isn't a pimple on this trucks ***! I consider my car a "driver" compared to this, and I have never taken my car to a show where I didn't get a trophy. With that being said, I agree that I would rather have something from a Nationally Known builder. That guys Ego is bigger than EBAY itself, and even tho it's a badass truck, he should have took the high bid, as that is "all the money" on something like that. Everybody around here has a Magnacharged LQ4, there is nothing exotic there. The truck is badass....but this is a true top shelf hotrod right here...****, my grandma knows about this car. Check out the bullet in this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4629452&rd=1,1