Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

All Truck Shoot-Out in Memphis, TN!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kkd60
If colt went up to 20 lbs of boost and sprayed his n2o, he would probaly be in the 10's provided he could supply enough fuel to the engine. I have not seen any aftermarket fuel rails, so we are limited in that aspect. that and tuning. And then theres the tranny that at least 3 dodge guys will loose at this gtg. I plan on being there in my 5300 lbs 4 door running a 13.5 NA with just heads, cam, headers, superchips, 4.56 gears, and a stall.

damn, i still ran faster with less cubes. come bigger and better.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by Rumble Bee Ram
Looks like all the good running hemi trucks will be there..........I see a few sporting turbos in that list and even a charger/stroked motor as well. I think you guys might be in for some fun! I might even bring my truck out there and run it if timing is right and I can get off of work.

Boy, these GM guys get bent out the frame when they see a dodge turning good numbers don't they.

no we don't get bent. we just know that the majority of the dodge guys are full of ****. i have friends with dodge ram trucks and they all have full bolt on's and are still slow as stock titans. what gives with that.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

What track do you run at in MS? The nitrous has been off of my truck for 2yrs. I run what I say I run, with the mods I listed earlier, no BS. Most dont believe me, but I will be glad to meet up with some of yall from MS. But hopefully by Memphis I can improve my times a little, because from the looks of it there is going to be some fast trucks there!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by rdhemi345
What track do you run at in MS? The nitrous has been off of my truck for 2yrs. I run what I say I run, with the mods I listed earlier, no BS. Most dont believe me, but I will be glad to meet up with some of yall from MS. But hopefully by Memphis I can improve my times a little, because from the looks of it there is going to be some fast trucks there!

we will all see. in do time. now to my real post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Truck addict

first of all yes i was a little inebriated the other night. thats fine. i work hard and i deserve to get that way every once in a while. i might have banned a few folk it's hard to tell. i might have even changed a few avatars. in that state, can one remember what they do? lol

ok, heres my take on this meet. i think it's great. i'm glad someone had the tenacity to set up a meet for all trucks to attend. we have pondered the idea but with no real fortitude.

as far as dodge vs chevy vs ford vs nissan vs toyota. why not play that up to the hilt. this is what it is. yea, i'm going there to beat the **** out of every dodge that lines up next to me or ford or what ever. granted there is one dodge that i will not beat. mr marine.

as far as the late model dodge trucks. i have read some really interesting things like boost being down and the kit being in reserve, and i ran this and that on bolt on's. well, to that i say don't talk it, do it. my truck with the 6.0 should have been in the low 11's. i never talked it. i went to do it. it didn't work out. case in point. NFL. on paper one team should beet another and they don't. thats why they play the game. cause stuff like that happens. on paper a turbo nitrous larger cubed truck should beat mine. well, i don't think it will.

on paper a larger cubed bolt on truck should beet a smaller cubed truck and i don't think it will.

bottom line is i think dodge has made a few advancements in going faster but in the end, they will always lose to a chevy.

with little prompting curt will race jim. the inevitible fastest nbs vs the runner up. parish vs blacksheep. we all want to see that whether your a dodge fan or toyota fan. the two biggest kids on the block need to duke it out.

then mr marine represents his clan. so we have three heavy weights to do battle. thats worth the 80 dollar admission. btw, if you bring a crew, make them pay to get in to lower the cost.

back to my on going speech, rant, babble, it will be fun, i look forward to meeting as many people as i can. when it's over, i dont' want to talk trucks or horsepower. i want to talk beer and *******. cause it's time to party.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Launching!

with all do respect to your sermon. Bigger cubes to go along with a bigger truck is not gonna always win the race. Believe what you want. There are several reg cab, NA, rams in the 13's. Its not that hard to achieve and not the hard to believe. Yes our engines are bigger, but our trucks are also alot bigger, so quit your whinning about us having more cubes.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Truck addict

it aint a whine. it's a fact. lose weight. it's been used against gm for years. time to turn the tables. btw, i'll run my heavier truck against your lighter truck with less cubes and still spank that ***
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Do you have a 6.0 or 5.3? And I didnt say my truck "would" run low 13's I went and run them at Red River Raceway last Sunday. There are way more 13 sec n/a hemis than you think.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Banging some gears

chevy>dodge.....

that is all
Old 12-13-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rdhemi345
Do you have a 6.0 or 5.3? And I didnt say my truck "would" run low 13's I went and run them at Red River Raceway last Sunday. There are way more 13 sec n/a hemis than you think.
Who cares, we have N/A 5.3's that have made mid-high 12 sec. passes, mine being one of them. It looks like I parted my bitch out a bit too soon!

Quick Reply: All Truck Shoot-Out in Memphis, TN!!