Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Anyone else have a hard time dealing with Nelson?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, maybe I should go apply for a job there
Old 06-07-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had some trouble getting ahold of him last time...leave a message and you should get a call back within a day or two.

I went and had a live tune done and I will say that he is one of the most knowledgeable and nicest people I've dealt with
Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem is he cant just hire new people to answer phones. They have to actually know what they are talking about otherwise they are just another messenger to him and the same problem will continue with more money out of his pocket for the same back-log of problems. Why do you think only his wife and brother work for him? They are the only ones worth training because he knows they will stay around. If he bothered training someone new whos to say how long they will stay or learn everything from him and start their own business. There are quite a few people that he has helped learn how to tune then they started tuning peoples vehicles which takes money out of his pocket so where is his incentive to train some jo-blow off the street? Im sure other people tuning isnt taking anything out of his bottom line but its the principle. I have met him MANY times for retunes and at SAR and he is a great guy and will bend over backwards for you, he is just simply too busy to handle his work load. I have had his tune for damn near 3 years now and back then you could get ahold of him easily, it is getting increasingly harder to get ahold of him. The best thing to do if you cant get ahold of him via phone is to email him or send him a PM over on his site, ls1truck.com(I know its a URL to another forum but it is a sponsors site so...) his screen name is farmtruc. I know its hard to be patient but his abilities are truely amazing and from what I have seen/read he has the most experience in tuning pretty much every concievable combination out there. He was able to get my 418 to act right with only having one narrowband sensor to go off that was acting wierd with a 237/242 cam in it, that to me shows he knows alot about what he is doing and he will spend the time to get it right.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:49 AM
TECH Junkie

I got someone on the phone yesterday long enough to get a fan harness in route They said it should ship that day.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I have been lucky. Everytime I have called them they have answered or returned my call that evening or the very next day. Great people to deal with IMHO.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know of 10 trucks that are local that switched tuners after having Allen tune it first. He probably didn't mind though cause he got his money the first time around.

If you want one of the the best tuners to tune your ride, go with Allen. He is a super nice dude and really smart. I had the chance to meet him in person. If you can settle for equal or close to equal but 100x better service, go somewhere else.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

What's your name and number and I can easily check caller ID and phone logs??
If you would have left a messge concerning something so simple, someone would have called you back quickly. I have no PM's or emails from you also!
If you call and call again and leave no message, that's not our fault we can't call you back. We could also be on the phone while you're calling.
Who's extension did you leave a message on??
What day did you order the harness? Every other harness that was ordered last week has already shipped. If you ordered your harness over the net, and we didn't reply or you didn't get it yet, we didn't receive your order and there might have been an issue with the site.

I can honestly say, I have about 4 phone calls to return I couldn't make today, and none of them are about harnesses.

Hey guys, the best advice I can give you and the bottom line is LEAVE A MESSAGE!

You wouldn't believe how many customers call and call again and don't leave a message. I can't go through caller ID all day, guess who called and return each individual's call we didn't pick up. I understand not every customer likes to leave a message, but you need to so we can call you back if we're out in the shop or on the phone.

All technical employees are working in the shop and there is normally someone sitting at the desk (Lisa or Erica) answering phones, but they can't answer more than one phone call at a time, so if you get the answering machine leave a message please.

Cody you nailed it, I can't hire some joeblow off the street. First of all, you can't trust anyone you don't know and they have to be somewhat technical or trainable.

This isn't flaming anyone, I just want to clear a few things up.

Every call is important to us and we appreciate every customer we have, that is what makes our business. We try to give every customer as much attention as possible, sometimes this pushes others to the side for a while until we can get to them.

Thanks to all of our customers and we'll actually be here for a long time to support our product!

allen
210-626-0278
210-626-9189
allen@nelsonperformance.com
lisa@nelsonperformance.com
jonathan@nelsonperformance.com
anthony@nelsonperformance.com
erica@nelsonperformance.com
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by OUT2WIN
I know of 10 trucks that are local that switched tuners after having Allen tune it first. He probably didn't mind though cause he got his money the first time around.

If you want one of the the best tuners to tune your ride, go with Allen. He is a super nice dude and really smart. I had the chance to meet him in person. If you can settle for equal or close to equal but 100x better service, go somewhere else.
Hey OUT2WIN, I'm gonna have to call you out on those 10trucks, give me names or screennames, no way that happened.
Everybody knows Nelson Performance is the best tuner, hands down, south of San Antonio. Our valley customers are loyal and know we tune their trucks 100%. They drive all this way to get tunes and have many local tuners in their area. We actually tune for a couple shops down south becuase they know where the best tune is.
I would know they switched because I would have to unlock their tune.
I forget to lock the occasional pcm, so there might be one or two, but that's only because they didn't want to drive up here.

Nice meeting you also, and it was a pleasure hanging out, maybe we'll be down there to race again.

later,
allen
Old 06-11-2007, 11:22 PM
.T.
TECH Resident

Allen,

Don't sweat the original post. The guy was some douche bag that's been banned off here and Tech repeatedly for ripping people off. No credibility there, anyway.

As far as the rest goes, growing pains aren't a bad problem to have. Can't please everyone, all of the time.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I actually called Nelson today and didn't have any trouble. And they've already shipped out my retune that I ordered today. It's gets here on Wednesday

Nelson has always given me 100% great service everytime I've dealt with them.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have a hard time dealing with Nelson?