Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Attn LSX Truck Racers

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Well I don't know about you guys, but I said I would be there and I will. The whole point to doing the thread to see who was going, and how many would be there, to see if it was even worth the $1000/crate engine, to open another class (truck class). So why bitch about not haveing your own class and then when you get it after saying you would be there not show up? If you can't make it then fine but don't be a wise *** about it.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fossil
Harsh? **** does happen and then you step in it.
i dont think he should step on his baby cuz thats definently what your sayin. family and love is WAAAYYY over any kind of hobby or vehicle
Old 10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
11 Second Truck Club

And in that class what do you have to do and what can you win?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Truck Club

first of all....
none of us asked for truck class. it was brought up by psj if we would like one.
so stop making this into something like a track rental that we wanted and no one will pay up or show to make it happen.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Hey guys. Sometimes what we say on a forum or PM can be taken the wrong way.
Cajun, congrats on the job and the baby.
Scream that was me who sent the reminder.

Basically NMCA went out on a limb to create the class largely based on the number of voters in the poll PSJ started. I understand things change in 5 months or so, that is okay, which is why I sent the reminder out on tech. I did not want someone to miss it since they may have voted so long ago.

Perhaps a better way to put it is, if there is any way possible you can make, please do...it makes it better for all because a success now leads to opportunity later.

Again, please don't take it the wrong way...we all just want to be able to air out rides as often as possible.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree, and thanks for the reminder PM... Maybe I should have said something... But the lack of attendance is being blown way out of proportion. I think Scream and blue said it both VERY well... Things come up.

I had every intention of going, until... I went away to work for 4 months, signed on a house, changed my whole truck setup to something else, the stock market damn near crashed (again lol) and so on and so forth... See what I'm sayin?? Just because I liked the idea and voted in a poll doesn't mean I signed the **** in blood saying come hell or high water, I'd be there... I hope all that go have good fun and good luck... I might make it next go-round... And speaking of high water, ill probably be cleaning up **** from that last hurricane while this event is going on anyway

Last edited by silver-mod-o; 10-01-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:53 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Hey guys. Sometimes what we say on a forum or PM can be taken the wrong way.
Cajun, congrats on the job and the baby.
Scream that was me who sent the reminder.

Basically NMCA went out on a limb to create the class largely based on the number of voters in the poll PSJ started. I understand things change in 5 months or so, that is okay, which is why I sent the reminder out on tech. I did not want someone to miss it since they may have voted so long ago.

Perhaps a better way to put it is, if there is any way possible you can make, please do...it makes it better for all because a success now leads to opportunity later.

Again, please don't take it the wrong way...we all just want to be able to air out rides as often as possible.
I apologize for taking it the wrong way REDGAR. It seemed to me like it was more of a matter of "you're coming, RIGHT?" But I see now what you were really getting at and I over-reacted a bit...chalk it up to stress.

I've got a fresh longblock waiting to go in the truck--I would much rather be racing than studying for my Accounting final, but sometimes life gets in the way of the fun stuff. Maybe next time. Hopefully there will be a great showing of trucks there this year!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Well I had all intentions of going but gustav and Idk had other plans for me and the truck as well as work and the family, so the truck is on jack stands still, waiting on parts, some are here, but not everything, working 7 days a week to make my company make its 6million dead line is very important to my job ahhhaa, to all that go good luck!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would love to take my truck, but I broke some things while doing some testing. To get it fixed in a week would be difficult with my 2 week old daughter. I may still go but I would be in my car, so I would not be in the truck class.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fossil
Harsh? **** does happen and then you step in it.

so are you going to help me push it down the track.i am slowly yes real slowly getting my truck together being off a few days here and their just can't snap my fingers and have it done.

Originally Posted by blacksheep
I would love to take my truck, but I broke some things while doing some testing. To get it fixed in a week would be difficult with my 2 week old daughter. I may still go but I would be in my car, so I would not be in the truck class.
so what did you brake?man is that the same 408 you build like 3 years ago.

Quick Reply: Attn LSX Truck Racers