Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Brought her home finally.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the slp with no cats sound damn sick on an fbody!!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=L33Z71;3954785]Haha, she ain't even close to ready yet. I got out there this morning and swapped out the stock air intake, with an SLP unit, new air filter and did the free ram air mod to it. Just to show how stock it is, it still had the Original paper air filter from 1999 in it. The intake path was littered with bug guts from Brenham so I cleaned the intake path real good, cleaned out the MAF and the throttle body. Should help some. I also took off the original Ron Craft Chevrolet dealer emblem off the taillight panel and the ron craft decal in the front windshield. I wanna do the TB by-pass soon, and start looking for a set of plugs and wires and a ported TB.

Still debating on what exhaust to go with. I really like the sound of the SLP loudmouth on my truck, but not sure about the car. I kinda want to do a Mufflex 3.5" system, but wanna do a magnaflow race muffler with a single hideaway exit. Exhaust will hopefully come in the next few weeks, I've already talked to Manuel at affordable muffler about it. And I've got to get the window tint re-done soon, the stuff thats on there is in good shape, just faded like hell.

After those few things I'll probably be done for a little while.
Well your neighbor just happens to have a ported throttle body.May sell it to you when I get back home from the Bahamas run. I'll call you when I get back.

Originally Posted by ap2002
the slp with no cats sound damn sick on an fbody!!
I agree AP really nice sound from those.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by L33Z71
Haha, she ain't even close to ready yet. I got out there this morning and swapped out the stock air intake, with an SLP unit, new air filter and did the free ram air mod to it. Just to show how stock it is, it still had the Original paper air filter from 1999 in it. The intake path was littered with bug guts from Brenham so I cleaned the intake path real good, cleaned out the MAF and the throttle body. Should help some. I also took off the original Ron Craft Chevrolet dealer emblem off the taillight panel and the ron craft decal in the front windshield. I wanna do the TB by-pass soon, and start looking for a set of plugs and wires and a ported TB.

Still debating on what exhaust to go with. I really like the sound of the SLP loudmouth on my truck, but not sure about the car. I kinda want to do a Mufflex 3.5" system, but wanna do a magnaflow race muffler with a single hideaway exit. Exhaust will hopefully come in the next few weeks, I've already talked to Manuel at affordable muffler about it. And I've got to get the window tint re-done soon, the stuff thats on there is in good shape, just faded like hell.

After those few things I'll probably be done for a little while.

I'll have to swing by Charlies and get him to work some Magic on it too
Curtis, get you a Corsa, I Love it..
Nice and quite while you are driving, but when you get on it, it is freaking loud...
thats with LT, and a 3inch catted Y.
I could only imagine how loud it would be without cats..
(another whoring pic )
Old 07-06-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Daniel, I'd love a Corsa, but honestly, I'm trying to build on a budget. The wifey doesn't mind me modding the car, but if I start blowing 900+ on an exhaust, I may get the brakes put on real quick. Plus I really want to hide the exhaust tips, but don't want dumps.

I definetly want to do the berger panel though. Is yours flat black? I have got to do something with my headlights though quick. They are cloudy as hell and look like *****.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

Daniel, I'd love a Corsa, but honestly, I'm trying to build on a budget. The wifey doesn't mind me modding the car, but if I start blowing 900+ on an exhaust, I may get the brakes put on real quick. Plus I really want to hide the exhaust tips, but don't want dumps.

I definetly want to do the berger panel though. Is yours flat black? I have got to do something with my headlights though quick. They are cloudy as hell and look like *****.
I paid $300 for my corsa...
look for deals, I did.. I got lucky with it.. i guess, dude let it go on Tech....
Also got the LT's, and Y-pipe for almost nothing.. basically had to swap my stock exhaust for his, and do the work my self...

If you want I can do the back panel for you...
You can either go pic another one up, or let me have yours for a day, and I could get it done...
I still have everything at the house...
I dont think I could get hurt doing that... but you never know.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

L33Z71 theres a 3 part epoxy you can use to clean your headlights this stuff works great used it before on my mom's vehicle cleans them like new again. http://www.mdwholesale.com/. Then go HID's with them....like an 8000k
Old 07-06-2008, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
L33Z71 theres a 3 part epoxy you can use to clean your headlights this stuff works great used it before on my mom's vehicle cleans them like new again. http://www.mdwholesale.com/. Then go HID's with them....like an 8000k
I got my Halo's off of ebay for about $150..
and if you go HID's... (I did) Let me know..
I know a place you can get them for a decent price..
I have 8,000 on mine...
but would like to go to 5,000
8,000 are just to blue for me.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
I got my Halo's off of ebay for about $150..
and if you go HID's... (I did) Let me know..
I know a place you can get them for a decent price..
I have 8,000 on mine...
but would like to go to 5,000
8,000 are just to blue for me.
I got the 6500K's in all my vehicles I wouldnt go any lower than 6500k Lumens the 6500K is a pure white and anything else is just blue and get duller....Just my .02 worth I can get them to the house for $70.00 each kit.

Lady's Chariot Video of her low's to highs 6500K Lumens:

Last edited by gcsd3742; 07-06-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
I got the 6500K's in all my vehicles I wouldnt go any lower than 6500k Lumens the 6500K is a pure white and anything else is just blue and get duller....Just my .02 worth I can get them to the house for $70.00 each kit.

Lady's Chariot Video of her low's to highs 6500K Lumens:

I put 5000 on my wife's Escalade( didnt realize it but the stock HID's where 4500's, and I put 5,000Lumen bulbs in the fogs.. it's a bit of a diffrence but not much), and that's what I want to put in the Z,
The Z has 8,000's on it, both fog, and headlight..
I will agree.. anything above 6500 is to blue
4500 being bright white

Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
Holy ****! Those phuckers are BRIGHT AS HELL! I have 5000K in my wife's Armada. They light up the road pretty well. Was thinking of buying some fog lights to add HIDs to it, but damn. Sure looks like you can blind the pilot of a 747 with those.

Quick Reply: Brought her home finally.