Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

"built" 4L60E in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 10:13 AM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "built" 4L60E in Houston?

Are there any transmission shops in Houston that can do a decent job of building up a 4L60E? I think I may save my money and go ahead and get the transmission taken care of first. I want to be able to remove torque management completely once I get a tune. Not to mention from all the reading I've been doing on the board for learning it seems like the 4L60E likes to crap out "easily". I would rather take care of it now and be done with it.

Anyway, with my budget I don't think I could afford an FLT tranny..or at least it would take me forever to save up for it. I don't plan on going crazy with the truck while I'm in school...but it would be nice to know that I could run a 100 shot or swap to a 6.0L down the road and not have to worry about the transmission crapping out.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Sexy Party Mod

FLT dude. Pretty close to what you would pay jim-bob to pull and rebuild. Save your money for an FLT at least a level 4. Now that i have the gas, im wishing i saved more for the level 5. oh well PM white1 and ask him about trannys.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:38 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Id check into the FLT level 3 or 4. They arent much more than a basic re-build at most shops, but I bet its 10x better than most trannys.

Oh, and dont ask me about trannys, its too depressing.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Yeah you guys are right. I called cottmans (wasn't going to go there, but just wanted to see what they would charge) and they said $1,800. That's as much as an FLT tranny. Might as well save up and do it right.

My trucks going to be slow for a looooong time.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Circle D on old hempstead highway builds some nice trannys.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Launching!

what's the deal with the nelson tune? U getting it or not?!?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:59 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by blank260
what's the deal with the nelson tune? U getting it or not?!?
yeah, you gettin it or what?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:02 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Nelson is a very busy dude lol. I haven’t been able to get a hold of him in over a week to try and schedule a live tune. Either way I have enough money saved where I can get a tune and not have to eat ramen noodles for two months, so that's the first thing on the list. I hope he answers or calls me back soon!

I may end up getting HPT’s suite and learn how to tune myself depending on whether or not I can get a hold of him.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:04 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by KB
Nelson is a very busy dude lol. I haven’t been able to get a hold of him in over a week to try and schedule a live tune. Either way I have enough money saved where I can get a tune and not have to eat ramen noodles for two months, so that's the first thing on the list. I hope he answers or calls me back soon!

I may end up getting HPT’s suite and learn how to tune myself depending on everything.
let me know when you want to do it. i've got the bat phone! seriously though i can get a hold of him pretty easily. let me know a for sure day and i'll take care of it
Old 08-11-2006, 03:06 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 2k5Squirrel
let me know when you want to do it. i've got the bat phone! seriously though i can get a hold of him pretty easily. let me know a for sure day and i'll take care of it
Oh man that would be great. I guess it depends on his schedule because I definitely want a live tune done. I'll be outta town this weekend so I suppose if there was anyway to do it next weekend (19th-20th) that would be fantastic.

Quick Reply: "built" 4L60E in Houston?