Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

BYBY Zo6 tag, Red Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aksz71
if done right evo's are pretty bad
What do you call Bad ?? Low 12's ? Mid 11's ? I personally haven't seen one pull lower than 12.0, but I am sure some are out there.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2004RST
if you were up this way i know a guy with a white evo that runs circles around z06's...35,000 in the motor & drivetrain later hahaha
Even if this white Evo could pull me...fair is fair, I could always spray and jump right in the 9's. And we are talking street cars here. Mine all have full interiors and can be driven on a trip where ever.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pittman
So this white Evo will run circles around my NA, 10.6 Z ?? Come on man !

I wanna see the red one out run my NA truck

Pitt
i know one that will , unfortunately it's not mine and no i am not speaking of a race car either. it has a full interior just like yours probably weighs more than your Z actually
Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Joseph k
i know one that will , unfortunately it's not mine and no i am not speaking of a race car either. it has a full interior just like yours probably weighs more than your Z actually
Well I see 8 and 9 second Evos in magazines but they are a far cry from a street car you can take trips in. I mean Really, I can claim I know a guy with a chevy running 6's...we are talking apples and oranges. My car is as normal a street car as any other with stock exhaust and still getting 20 mpg on the x-way, ac on and stereo playing. There are twin turbo corvettes all over that are mild as can be, deep in the 9's and I haven't even looked at a fast list..probably a lot lower than that.

But, what ever, I appreciate any fast car...just not a D-H trying to show off on the street. If your buddy has a vid, post it up. Would love to watch it.

Pitt
Old 02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AphotiC
key word...... right. to many people like to take short cuts and it cost them more in the end. EVOs are bad ***.... in the RIGHT hands lol....................................but so are Z06's
o yes very true id 10 to 1 rather have a z06... but like you pointed in my post (KEY WORD RIGHT) evo's.... a guy i know i wouldve loved to of had his import 2jz supra 94 model 61mm tubo 100 shot of n2o 735hp.. you can see him on the dyno at nopi a couple years ago type in brian mince on youtube.. then the gsx eclipse next to it at the first part of video runs 11.0 now and they are putting bigger turbo injectors and on alcohol bigger cams and etc..

Last edited by aksz71; 02-09-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do you call Bad ?? Low 12's ? Mid 11's ? I personally haven't seen one pull lower than 12.0, but I am sure some are out there.
i've seen low 11's but what i mean is they are pretty cool cars for a awd 4dr car and i am sure there are some faster than that. but i mean take a modded evo verses either one of parishs trucks o yea the truck would win just saying they are pretty cool little cars.. and i'm not knocking your car or anything your car would out run one no problem cause you dont see the one's in a magnize that run 9's or so riding around
Old 02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Well I see 8 and 9 second Evos in magazines but they are a far cry from a street car you can take trips in. I mean Really, I can claim I know a guy with a chevy running 6's...we are talking apples and oranges. My car is as normal a street car as any other with stock exhaust and still getting 20 mpg on the x-way, ac on and stereo playing. There are twin turbo corvettes all over that are mild as can be, deep in the 9's and I haven't even looked at a fast list..probably a lot lower than that.

But, what ever, I appreciate any fast car...just not a D-H trying to show off on the street. If your buddy has a vid, post it up. Would love to watch it.

Pitt
like i said his car is a street car, full interior, a/c, radio, etc the fastest/quickest it has ever been is 10.40 @ 135 on 93 oct. he has since changed a couple things and makes a little more power, so he should be able to make a 9 second pass this year. this is a stock MAF car
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...Evo_195437.htm

this belongs to a guy named david buschur, it is personal car and is driven daily
here is another FULL interior car, a/c, radio, etc
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...-on_183131.htm

both cars are daily driven, street cars. this isnt apples to oranges. if it falls in the street car category then that is what it is. hell in the first video the silver car outruns that red/turbo T/A, which doesn't fall in most peoples idea of a street car.

i am not trying to b*tch as there a several guys in FL with evo's both street cars and race cars that run pretty damn good. i just didnt want you to think they have to be gutted tin can race cars to go fast

Last edited by Joseph k; 02-09-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by aksz71
o yes very true id 10 to 1 rather have a z06... but like you pointed in my post (KEY WORD RIGHT) evo's.... a guy i know i wouldve loved to of had his import 2jz supra 94 model 61mm tubo 100 shot of n2o 735hp.. you can see him on the dyno at nopi a couple years ago type in brian mince on youtube.. then the gsx eclipse next to it at the first part of video runs 11.0 now and they are putting bigger turbo injectors and on alcohol bigger cams and etc..
I agree, they are cool cars and 11 seconds is fast as hell.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Joseph k
like i said his car is a street car, full interior, a/c, radio, etc the fastest/quickest it has ever been is 10.40 @ 135 on 93 oct. he has since changed a couple things and makes a little more power, so he should be able to make a 9 second pass this year. this is a stock MAF car
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...Evo_195437.htm

this belongs to a guy named david buschur, it is personal car and is driven daily
here is another FULL interior car, a/c, radio, etc
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...-on_183131.htm

both cars are daily driven, street cars. this isnt apples to oranges. if it falls in the street car category then that is what it is. hell in the first video the silver car outruns that red/turbo T/A, which doesn't fall in most peoples idea of a street car.

i am not trying to b*tch as there a several guys in FL with evo's both street cars and race cars that run pretty damn good. i just didnt want you to think they have to be gutted tin can race cars to go fast
Damn, what a sweet looking motor. That is damn sure a street car...lol.

Great vids, thanks for that !

Pitt
Old 02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Launching!

no problem man. and like i said i wasnt trying to be a dick just didnt want you to think it wasnt possible to get beat by one, and it still be a street car. the red T/A in the first vid has been a best of like a 9.3, but on the street there is no way in hell it can leave like it can on the track and vise versa for the evo.

at the same time i am by no means under the illusion that awd is the best thing in the world. if it were then nhra top fuel cars would look a lot different. fact is RWD the fastest and quickest drag racing application, that is why the fastest AWD 4 cylinders are in the 7's and the fastest RWD 4 cylinder is deep off in the 6's

Quick Reply: BYBY Zo6 tag, Red Mitsubishi