Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

co-signed for a car, now im screwed

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default co-signed for a car, now im screwed

well i co-signed for my gf's car back in march. things are getting a little bad between us, not saying were going to break up, but lets just say we were to break up, what are my options as far as keeping my good credit. i dont want the shitty car, she can have it, my main concern is if she dont keep up with the payments, i dont want it to ruin my credit, any advice here? and no, she doesnt have good credit at all, thanks fellas
Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Sorry to say (you probably already heard this), but DO NOT CO-SIGN FOR ANYONE!

Contact the lein holder for advice on how to handle. I would think (legally) you still have some right to the vehicle (if it comes down to it). Would think you'd need her there to sign it over totally to her.... she'd probably pay more in interest. Almost like a new loan for her.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, if she keeps the car, it has to be totally refinanced in her name. Your only other option is to watch and keep up with the creditor and make sure she makes the payments each month and if not, make them yourself. It is not an easy situation. If you can't hold the relationship together, and she's not going to be civil, then your pretty much screwed.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take her fishing in the swamp
Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

take the damn car and put it up for sale for the remaining balance.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

Dam Electrical Fire..... haha ~GAP BITCHES~
Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bad_Apple
Dam Electrical Fire..... haha ~GAP BITCHES~

or someone really liked her car and stole it and decided to take the car for a swim in a lake or a river or both??? That would really suck because the insurance will pay the car off and she will be left without it.... but the loan would be taken care of...
Old 09-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Tribe Shaman

i learned not to co sign for any one when my GF screwed me over.

this is what i did.
she stoped making the payments, so it came down to me.
my credit was good, so i redid the loan in my name only, had the title of the car
put in my name, after the title came in from austin i went to her job, asked for the keys, when she refused i called the cops.

when the cops showed up, she was all over them talking trash and the cops was ready to run me off, i flashed the title and said the car belonged to me and im not leaving
with out it.
the cops made her remove the keys from her ring and give them to me.
my friend drove off in my car and drove off in hers, my last statement to her was,
thought you stuck me in to paying for it now you fucked your self out of a ride.
i put it up for sale the next day for what was owed on the new loan, sold it 3 days later and got 300 back for intrest paid in advance before the loan was due.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PappyDan

this is what i did.
my credit was good, so i redid the loan in my name only, had the title of the car
put in my name, after the title came in from austin i went to her job, asked for the keys, when she refused i called the cops.

when the cops showed up, she was all over them talking trash and the cops was ready to run me off, i flashed the title and said the car belonged to me and im not leaving
with out it.
my friend drove off in my car and drove off in hers, my last statement to her was,
thought you stuck me in to paying for it now you fucked your self out of a ride.
i put it up for sale the next day for what was owed on the new loan, sold it 3 days later and got 300 back for intrest paid in advance before the loan was due.
NICE!!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PappyDan

this is what i did.

with out it.
Really, the best way to do it. Take the responsibility and handle it.

Quick Reply: co-signed for a car, now im screwed