Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Douglas motorsports park report!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rodney, the truck looks damn good and the first time you ran I was on the line and it was smooth as butter. I have never seen something leave that soft and smooth and pull so evenly and got a nice number....but yeah, if you could launch with some boost it would be MUCH better. Cool meeting you btw.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bwestover
nah 1st time i ran mine since i got it in may...just gettin some baseline numbers
I saw you running your truck also, Wasnt sure who you were so I didnt bother introducing myself. Sorry. Next time... we race hehe
Old 10-04-2010, 06:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0
Rodney, the truck looks damn good and the first time you ran I was on the line and it was smooth as butter. I have never seen something leave that soft and smooth and pull so evenly and got a nice number....but yeah, if you could launch with some boost it would be MUCH better. Cool meeting you btw.
Thanks, Good to meet you Dave. Your truck looked better than I expected in that flat black. I like that look! I could not even leave off idle friday night, but the truck is running great after the 60ft tho.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks...people either LOVE it or hate it. I love it so the rest dont matter. lol
Old 10-04-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0
oh snap Pewter. this is Edge.

Kenny Poppel has flat blacked his vette and it runs pretty good, convertor, spray, etc. Though I didnt see his wife wipe his front tires this time...hmmmm

The other one was a neweer z06, nasty but hasnt any traction.

Kenny Poppel guy or some his lil group with that flat black vette came down to are area talking ****, about one of are buddies Vettes that we where tinkering on tune all night wanting to run for $600, they kind being smart *** to us but we got lil Blue and a Red Z06 that we bringing this Friday night that will put them in check! The newer Vette that was there running Friday night was just a C6 with Z06 wheels and drag radials they couldnt get it to hook all night but still ran strong.

By way Rodney I believe your truck was hooking alot better on those ET Streets than the slicks. I was sitting at line watching yall leave, looked like yall where running lil to much air in the slicks, your buddy he was spinning for bout first 20ft. with Radix truck.

Last edited by Bad_Apple; 10-04-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

i dunno, it had the badges and all but I didnt spy under the hood or anything. Sounded like they needed a driving lesson honestly, it was on ther rev limiter in between each shift...hard. I understand it was spinning and why not not turn it that hard and baby it, probably woulda ran better.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Teching In

yea i saw ur truck basick... finally met rodney too, i'll be back maybe we can meet up then!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Clint, did you set something up to run that flat black Vette. Looks like he was sandbagging all nite, then sprayed the **** out out when the money run come. You know what they say, "If you fight fair, your tactics suck".
Old 10-05-2010, 07:19 AM
TECH Resident

lots of folks went back out sunday. Pewter and the guys run. The vettes were BSn, so i heard anyhow.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Did it hook better on Sunday after fri bracket races?

Quick Reply: Douglas motorsports park report!!!