Old 04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stan's SoTex out in Tomball does some quality work too
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ap2002
I've had one of those conversations before but I guess it didnt bother me, or he noticed I didnt give a **** about what he said.. but usually he's just doing the piece of pipe, muffler swap and or tip job when I go... but nothing serious for me to not go again, yet. but he does do quality job...
yeah , I used him for years, finally got tired ..Keavin used to use him as well,
there where other issues also. that was just one of them for me..
I now use Precision Exhaust in LaPorte..
great shop, and I trust his work..
but it's all in who you like
Old 04-09-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to Affordable Muffler, on Dairy Ashford . . . great work
Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
give it a few more times, and you will see..

lets use this for an example..
asked him how much to redo the exhaust cause I was getting LT's, and he told me they wouldnt help me performance wise, and that if I really wanted some power then I should get some shorties
I had shorties, and he doesnt know anyhting about the new setups..
if all you want is a piece of pipe, and a muffler with a tip, he can do it..
I just got tired of argueing with him... well not argueing, but got tired of having to point out his misinformation..
Guy is a douche, he has little big man syndrome...Do not have them do anything more than a muffler swap or adding tips like stated before...my brother had to get his 96 redone and it keeps breaking leaks where they weld and this is about the 10th time (no lie, maybe more) and they still havn't got it right. We are about to rip all of it off and toss it through there window.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
Guy is a douche, he has little big man syndrome...Do not have them do anything more than a muffler swap or adding tips like stated before...my brother had to get his 96 redone and it keeps breaking leaks where they weld and this is about the 10th time (no lie, maybe more) and they still havn't got it right. We are about to rip all of it off and toss it through there window.
sounds very familiar..
and yes.. there is deffinatly a little big man syndrome there, I picked up on that a few times

99Silverado5.3
take the truck over to Precision Muffler off of HWY146 in between Spencer, and Fairmont PKWY on the north bound side...
It's right after the Ford Dealership, and right before you get to the Wataburger,
Talk to Eric, and tell him why you are there..
alot of his work, is redoing what DPM has done.
thats where I am having mine redone...

I have had several little jobs done here, and there from Eric, and so far I am pleased..
one in particlular was the ol' leaking header flange.. DPM never could get it right.. I kept going back complaining of an exhaust leak, and they never could fix it... took it to PM and havnt had an issue with it since..
Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'll have them in mind next time I need an exhaust job, I guess sooner or later I'll run into that problem so might as well change it up...
Old 04-10-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, I had that same conversation with the guy at Deer Park Muffler. I won't go there either. LoL.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

ive been to deerpark muffler once and the guy laughed at my longtubes and corsa muffler. i didnt argue with him, i just told him to do what i said and ill wory about any power loss. he does great work...he just dosent have a clue about what he's talking about
Old 04-10-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
sounds very familiar..
and yes.. there is deffinatly a little big man syndrome there, I picked up on that a few times

99Silverado5.3
take the truck over to Precision Muffler off of HWY146 in between Spencer, and Fairmont PKWY on the north bound side...
It's right after the Ford Dealership, and right before you get to the Wataburger,
Talk to Eric, and tell him why you are there..
alot of his work, is redoing what DPM has done.
thats where I am having mine redone...

I have had several little jobs done here, and there from Eric, and so far I am pleased..
one in particlular was the ol' leaking header flange.. DPM never could get it right.. I kept going back complaining of an exhaust leak, and they never could fix it... took it to PM and havnt had an issue with it since..
Thanks, I will let my brother know.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The guy overcharges imo, when I got my L/T s and re- done my exhaust. I found a guy in pasadena that does great work and prices.

Quick Reply: Exhaust in Houston area