Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

A few changes (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few changes (pics)

Put a line lock on the truck, moved my gauges from the A pillar and consolidated all of the switches. I like it alot better...just have to get used to looking to the right instead of the left.

boost/afr/egt

line lock/two step/two stage boost control/ the red light is on when the line lock is activated ,so maybe i won't go down the track with just the front brakes

I tried the line lock, it's going to make for a good burnout at the track.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:52 PM
TOTM: November '07

ok, I am confused- it looks like the lock is on your rear brakes.. Are you locking the rears so they wont see pressure when you hit the pedal? I normally think of a line lock holding the front brakes on.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

yea, a line lock on the rear brakes is all wrong...
Old 01-19-2008, 04:16 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by explorer5.0
ok, I am confused- it looks like the lock is on your rear brakes.. Are you locking the rears so they wont see pressure when you hit the pedal? I normally think of a line lock holding the front brakes on.
Yea, it"s on the rear because of the anti-loc brakes. And you install it opposite of what the directions say as far as the line connections.
When you want to use it,
Flip the switch before you apply the brakes (then no pressure can go to the rears)
Apply the brakes
Do your burnout
Flip the switch off
Good to go.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Banned

why not just install it like it is designed to be used and put it on the front brakes? i mean, you're the only individual i've ever seen do what you're doing. however, if you like it...go for it.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:50 PM
TOTM: November '07

Originally Posted by CurtD
Yea, it"s on the rear because of the anti-loc brakes. And you install it opposite of what the directions say as far as the line connections.
When you want to use it,
Flip the switch before you apply the brakes (then no pressure can go to the rears)
Apply the brakes
Do your burnout
Flip the switch off
Good to go.
I guess blocking the rears would be cool for burnouts, because you can control the forward roll out of the water box with the front brakes.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it makes more sense to reverse it for ABS cuz then if u wanna do some sweep 600ft rubber down ur street or somethin u just flip on the line lock and keep it rollin. Saves rear pads and all in the long run. Looks dam good tho, I been thinkin about guages for when I put it on the bottle and I like using the overhead stowage so thats a bad *** place for the gauges

edit: and hes the second one to do it thats on this site (who has posted). Theres a guy with a Dmax that did it
Old 01-19-2008, 06:17 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Klive
why not just install it like it is designed to be used and put it on the front brakes? i mean, you're the only individual i've ever seen do what you're doing. however, if you like it...go for it.
Thanks ,must be because you haven't been around much...that's how it's done on these trucks.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

actually i've been around MUCH longer than you, just never posted on the truck site before. thats not how its done on these trucks, its how you did it on your truck. most of us with line locks have them done right.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how the hell is there a right and wrong way? I personally think the reverse loc is a better idea so u have control over ur movement so u could correct if ur *** end starts goin side ways u can turn and let off the brake a bit. Just makes more sense so ur not stationary

Quick Reply: A few changes (pics)