Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vengeance is still around.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If my truck is stock can i tune it???
Old 07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I hate to say it but don't go to APF for a boosted dyno tune right now. I have had a very bad experience there.

The tuner just wants to tune the car and walk away. No discussion, no nothing. He will not even look at you. It's like it's top secret or something.
Then if you have a problem good luck getting it addressed in less than a week. You drive off and detonation happens and he's gone and an appointment has to be made for a Friday only. Guess what, it is Friday and here comes another week.
The tuner will not answer his phone either.

I have lots more I could say but will not. I'll never darken their door again. I will say William and is good people but his staff is not giving him 100%. And look out for the lifetime tune thing. I got charged an additional $200.00 for having my transmission put back to stock. Once I went back for this and it went pig rich and detonated and all that was supposed to have been done was a trans setup. It took two weeks to get him back in it and I was charged the $200.00.
I didn't argue, just took it like a man, but seeing them pluged here I had to say something.
It looks like to me William cannot depend on him. I believe they are currently working with another tuner now so it may be different, but be careful.

I must have ticked them off or something.

No more worries. I purchased HPTPro and am loving it so far. I would have been money way ahead if I would have done this in the beginning.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1CHINTO
If my truck is stock can i tune it???
Yes you can. A dyno tune will cost you $600.00. HPTuners Pro is $649.99. This and some dyno time ($60.00 for 3 pulls or 100.00 and hour) will save you lots over the years.
No chasing the tuner down for a tweak.

Yes there is a serious learning curve but it's all fun for me.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Matt at Dixie Tuning does all of my tuning, he is currently working on one for my Supercharged Truck
Old 07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by therock
I hate to say it but don't go to APF for a boosted dyno tune right now. I have had a very bad experience there.

The tuner just wants to tune the car and walk away. No discussion, no nothing. He will not even look at you. It's like it's top secret or something.
Then if you have a problem good luck getting it addressed in less than a week. You drive off and detonation happens and he's gone and an appointment has to be made for a Friday only. Guess what, it is Friday and here comes another week.
The tuner will not answer his phone either.

I have lots more I could say but will not. I'll never darken their door again. I will say William and is good people but his staff is not giving him 100%. And look out for the lifetime tune thing. I got charged an additional $200.00 for having my transmission put back to stock. Once I went back for this and it went pig rich and detonated and all that was supposed to have been done was a trans setup. It took two weeks to get him back in it and I was charged the $200.00.
I didn't argue, just took it like a man, but seeing them pluged here I had to say something.
It looks like to me William cannot depend on him. I believe they are currently working with another tuner now so it may be different, but be careful.

I must have ticked them off or something.

No more worries. I purchased HPTPro and am loving it so far. I would have been money way ahead if I would have done this in the beginning.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with APF. They have always bent over backwards to help me out. Do you remember the name of the guy that did your tune.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with APF. They have always bent over backwards to help me out. Do you remember the name of the guy that did your tune.
I really don't want to do that. I really do believe he is a good tuner. But $900.00 later and still not happy, I have to move on.
And not being able to get service but on one day of the week was not a good thing. Fridays is Dyno day.
Like I said, we change my trans settings and the tune goes away. I get charged $200.00 to correct it and had to wait a week or so to do it. What can I do? Go else where and pay another $600.00?

It's all about how I my case was handled. No so much as competency, but customer service.
The tuner is not readily available either. It's easier to get a Doctors appointment.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:15 PM

how much 4 jus a basic tune like rev limiter delete..??
Old 07-27-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1CHINTO
how much 4 jus a basic tune like rev limiter delete..??
I don't know about all tuners and how they charge but to license a vehicle to do it is around $100.00 alone not including labor. Now some of the big shops have "Like Year Model" licenses where they can do unlimited tunes to specific vehicles and the simple thing you want may get cheaper. You gotta call around.

If you are not going to tune for a radical motor or one with a blower, and do not use a wide band o2 sensor display you may want a handheld tuner for the simple enhancements.

Diablo Sports Predator's are in this ball park and sometimes you can find used ones in the classified that have been reset.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:26 PM

yea..i mean im not goin all out but u know if i jus add ur basic bolt ons i want a nice tune to complement...deffinite dont want a handheld... im cheking out vengeance on friday..

Quick Reply: Ga tuners?