Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Getting dynoed Friday

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting dynoed Friday

I just downloaded a new tune from Johnny Lightning Performance, so I need to get my A/F checked before I do any racing.
I called Randy @ Fast Forward Motorsports today and I am supposed to be there Fri. afternoon to lock it down and see what she has.
I have never had the truck on the dyno, so it should be interesting what it kind of #'s it will make.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Joey5.4L
I just downloaded a new tune from Johnny Lightning Performance, so I need to get my A/F checked before I do any racing.
I called Randy @ Fast Forward Motorsports today and I am supposed to be there Fri. afternoon to lock it down and see what she has.
I have never had the truck on the dyno, so it should be interesting what it kind of #'s it will make.
I'm taking a trip over there when the truck is put back together. From what I hear, he has one helluva fast s10 he plays with. I know that greyghost4x4 went over there and said it was a pretty nice dyno setup.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

He don't have the S-10 anymore. He does have a Nissian Titan that he just put a turbo on that should be pretty quick when he is through tuning on it. He ran 14.4 on just 4lbs of boost at Greenville on Stock radials. You know since he was on stock tires, at Greenville making just the slightest HP, he was not having the best luck with traction.
But when you get a chance, head over there. He is a super nice guy, and has one helluva shop that is packed full of some nice race cars. My buddy has his Vega over there right now getting a 91mm turbo put on, and he also has his 750 GSXR getting a turbo mounted up.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

He don't have the S-10 anymore. He does have a Nissian Titan that he just put a turbo on that should be pretty quick when he is through tuning on it. He ran 14.4 on just 4lbs of boost at Greenville on Stock radials. You know since he was on stock tires, at Greenville making just the slightest HP, he was not having the best luck with traction.
But when you get a chance, head over there. He is a super nice guy, and has one helluva shop that is packed full of some nice race cars. My buddy has his Vega over there right now getting a 91mm turbo put on, and he also has his 750 GSXR getting a turbo mounted up.
Uh, oh....a Titan, eh? I'll have to watch out for that one at Greenville. Maybe he hasn't heard about my truck yet. I heard he was a great guy to deal with and he loves the turbos!!! That's my kind of businessman.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Joey, Don't say anything to him about my truck......I just called out a race with him in one of the titan forums.

Remember......I have a 4.8L, airaid, exhaust, blah, blah, blah,
I like looking like the dumb chevy truck driver that doesn't know anything about other trucks.

The thread.....I'm keeping it to a friendly callout, since I hear he's a super nice guy.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...itan-dyno.html
Old 01-11-2006, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Hey Joey, Don't say anything to him about my truck......I just called out a race with him in one of the titan forums.

Remember......I have a 4.8L, airaid, exhaust, blah, blah, blah,
I like looking like the dumb chevy truck driver that doesn't know anything about other trucks.

The thread.....I'm keeping it to a friendly callout, since I hear he's a super nice guy.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...itan-dyno.html
Yea, The same mods you told me you had when I meet you at Greenville. Dont guess I can say much, I did play dumb and act like I didnt know anything about changing the pulley, and said it was stock other than muffler and air filter.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, The same mods you told me you had when I meet you at Greenville. Dont guess I can say much, I did play dumb and act like I didnt know anything about changing the pulley, and said it was stock other than muffler and air filter.
We were downplaying pretty bad, but one thing neither one of us could hide was the drag radials we were both sporting on back. It was fun though, and we both knew the other had more than what was said.....We hardcore street racers, yo!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by slowprocess
I like looking like the dumb chevy truck driver that doesn't know anything...
So you are just pretending?!

Joey, good luck on you dyno session. Be sure to let us know what the L puts down.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKID
So you are just pretending?!
No.......
Old 01-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Launching!

good luck on the dyno joey, cant wait to hear bout the #s

Quick Reply: Getting dynoed Friday