Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Houston Area GTG, May 21st

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:14 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

when do you plan on ordering the caltracs?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TXsilverado
when do you plan on ordering the caltracs?
When you get me a better price!

Jim
Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Can't believe you won't be out again Cody. What's wrong now?
I may or may not come to this one. I'm not too sure if all the mods will be completed by then or not. I doubt it.
I've been working at some visual and some traction mods so far.
Belltech's front 2" spindles $220.00
McGaughy's 3.5" rear kit (shackles & hangers) $200
Caltracs w/shipping about $390.00
Have to spend a little doe on some pair of 18" wheels and some Nitto 555r's for the back as well.
Don't know how much that will set me back. I want cheap used or new 18's but I want them to fit good too. I'm thinking wheels & tires $600 +
I will also be having to blow my money on a rear disc conversion kit as well from Baer. $1,100.00
The front kit w/ 6-piston calipers $2400.00
Then a Goodmark Cowl hood. That's about $500 + paint.
TB stall, vette servo, and shift kit (dont know which one yet) $500+
These mods are just setting me back from the power mods!
I'm now set back about $6,200 +
I'm paying another $350 for the drop kit and Caltracs install. (If I had time, I would do it myself).
Looks like about another 8,000K for the other mods as well!!!!
I would have to say..........I WONT BE READY!
The other mods will be, but not the power mods.
This summer it should be all installed , but not too sure if I want to flog my power combo in the heat of a Houston summer! I probably won't! I'll also be out of $$$ by then as well. Probably no more money to spare for gas!
Any of you guys help on getting the above mentioned parts cheaper please let me in on it! I already have the lowering kit. Thanks.
Well, Good Luck to Me!

Jim
Jim just because your **** wont be together doesnt mean you have to be a damn stanger. Come out, drink some brew and hang out. Is that so hard?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:25 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

When you get me a better price!

Jim
haha cant help you on that. you should be ordering them soon though since your paying to have the suspension and caltracs installed together right?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
Jim just because your **** wont be together doesnt mean you have to be a damn stanger. Come out, drink some brew and hang out. Is that so hard?
I may be a stranger, but I'm no "stanger" as you mentioned above.
I drink no beer either. I like to hang out and chat, but working 7 days a week really hampers my just to hang out time. I have two jobs. One is my primary and the other is a weekend job. I rarely see my friends, family, and or my new wife. Any day that I may have off, I try and use it with my wife.
The only day I can usually try and give up is a Sunday. Though my wife works on Sundays, as she is a hair stylist. Sundays are one of her biggest days.
I took the weekend job due to boredom. My wife works during the weekends and I live in an apartment. I have no yard to mow or maintenance to do either. So I took up an easy weekend job.
I wish I had more time.

Jim
Old 04-11-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
haha cant help you on that. you should be ordering them soon though since your paying to have the suspension and caltracs installed together right?
Yep. Will be done at the same time.

Jim
Old 04-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Sexy Party Mod

I may be a stranger, but I'm no "stanger" as you mentioned above.
I drink no beer either. I like to hang out and chat, but working 7 days a week really hampers my just to hang out time. I have two jobs. One is my primary and the other is a weekend job. I rarely see my friends, family, and or my new wife. Any day that I may have off, I try and use it with my wife.
The only day I can usually try and give up is a Sunday. Though my wife works on Sundays, as she is a hair stylist. Sundays are one of her biggest days.
I took the weekend job due to boredom. My wife works during the weekends and I live in an apartment. I have no yard to mow or maintenance to do either. So I took up an easy weekend job.
I wish I had more time.

Jim

Im usually laughing at others that cant spell. I guess this is a humbling experience. Very

Anyways, You should come out and hang out and laugh at Stew and Matt getting "WAEZDID" haha
Old 04-11-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
Im usually laughing at others that cant spell. I guess this is a humbling experience. Very

Anyways, You should come out and hang out and laugh at Stew and Matt getting "WAEZDID" haha
I'll sure and give it a try this time around.
If there is a way to keep that rubber from caking up on quarter panels and wheel wells, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It took freakin hours to clean off all that rubber!

Jim
Old 04-11-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Unhappy

I totally forgot about my long tube headers from Dynatech!! There's another $1,100.00!!!

Jim
Old 04-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Sexy Party Mod

I'll sure and give it a try this time around.
If there is a way to keep that rubber from caking up on quarter panels and wheel wells, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It took freakin hours to clean off all that rubber!

Jim
An old racer trick is to rub a thin coating of petroleum jelly on it and it creates a barrier between the paint and the rubber.

Quick Reply: Houston Area GTG, May 21st