Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Houston Area March 19th GTG at HRP

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=TXsilverado]
Originally Posted by ap2002

haha cody was drunk as **** calling me about once every hour to see how far ive made it. thanks for all of the tips cody. i ended up using the strap idea.

its installed! went and got some new spark plugs at about 10 today and ive been stomping it around since. this truck is so LOUD!!!! i scared the **** outa some guy on a bike and he gave me the finger it sounds like a dragster when start it cold, and even gives a lil lope at first my buddy could hear me about 1/2 mile away when i stomped into it.....way too raspy for my taste. and its so loud my dads guna freak out on me when he hears it.

will a dynamax bullet get rid of MOST of the rasp and quieten it down some. sounding like a harley was fun for the first couple miles but it gets too much attention.

Hey TX, with my factory manifolds, replacement cats (the straight pipe kind ) and my Magnaflow, I had way too much rasp. It was ran out the side in front of the pass tire. I added a bullet, and ran it to the rear and dumped it behind the rear tire, and it took care of all the rasp (at least with the cut out closed lol) Anyway, I think it would probably fix your problem.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AP, I already told Cody, but I'll let the cat outta the bag. I had intended to build another truck, but.........

Seems I am inheriting.......SO TO SAY.......

A 1996 Impala SS. All original, all stock. 60,000 Original miles. Got a big list of mods planned for it, just gotta get into a house before I get it. I don't want to bring it to the apartment, and the little woman says I can't get it til I get her a place. lol
Old 12-11-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by L33Z71
AP, I already told Cody, but I'll let the cat outta the bag. I had intended to build another truck, but.........

A 1996 Impala SS. All original, all stock. 60,000 Original miles. Got a big list of mods planned for it, just gotta get into a house before I get it. I don't want to bring it to the apartment, and the little woman says I can't get it til I get her a place. lol

damn nice!!! I have always liked the Impalas SS ever since they came out, I always wished I had one.. everytime I see one I like damn those are nice!!

well hurry up and get a house!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ap2002
damn nice!!! I have always liked the Impalas SS ever since they came out, I always wished I had one.. everytime I see one I like damn those are nice!!

well hurry up and get a house!!!

Werd!!! 94-96 Impalas are FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!! My friend has a '96 that's black w/ a sunroof, 20's, and bagged w/ Nitrogen. Looks pretty tight and rides awesome.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by L33Z71

Are you going to do a LS1 swap? I think that would be cool. I've been wanting to get another '72 Chevelle and do a LQ9, 4L80E swap. I've got to pay off some bills, my truck, and get a house too. LOL. Good luck bro!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I already knew before you guys hahahahaha

Curtis its going to be sweet for sure. See I can keep a secret

Anybody want to buy a set of comp roller rockers or a granatelli MAF. Trying to get rid of a bunch of spare parts
Old 12-12-2005, 03:06 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heres some **** that I did tonight before Im done Im going to be the underhood bling king

Old 12-12-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Veteran

I actually think that I want to build the stock LT1. Hell, its only got 60K miles on it. Just gettin broken in. And my mom has driven it so, it hasn't been driven hard at all. About 45-50K of it all highway miles.

I know its going to get full bolt-ons, headers, gears, a little suspension drop, tranny work with a new converter, heads, and a cam. Hope to roll on 18" chrome Torq Thrust Wheels, and Nitto DR's in the back. All eventually leading up, once I get the Z71 paid of, to slapping in a D1SC Procharger.

Body is really clean, but will need a few little touchups, just a few door dings and rock chips on the hood. But won't take much to make it perfect.

I can't wait. We're going to look at a few houses tonight after work. lol.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:16 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
Hey TX did you get your tranny redone and if so how is it running and what did you have done to it?
i got a helluva deal on a brand new 4l60e so i went that route for 1100 installed. had the mechanic install a trailblazer stall and here soon he will be putting in a vette servo for me. i will probably take the truck up to SA over the summer for JAG performance to install a shiftkit and seperator plate. hopefully that will make it hold up a lil better
Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Veteran

I highly suggest the zinc seperator plate man. I had one put in my GMC at just under 20,000 miles. The stock seperator plate was already starting to show pretty good signs of wear and didn't look good.

If you do go up there for the shift kit, make sure if you don't want the shifts too harsh, you tell him, mine were pretty stiff.

Quick Reply: Houston Area March 19th GTG at HRP