Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Houston Area March 19th GTG at HRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ap2002
well, I just back from allen's and all I got to say is WOW!!! I give allen big props on tuning... my trucks feels a whole lot stronger, well that is after driving with a stock pcm for a week!!! shiftpoint are 1-2@6700 2-3@6600, and the 1-2shift chirps the tires like crazy!! cant wait to how its going to act with the built tranny! and it really feels like it still keeps on pulling on the top end!!! it is tuned for a built tranny, but I went by the tranny shop today and the owner wasnt there so if he dont call me tonight Im going to be there tomorrow morning... didnt get on the dyno cause I really want to have the built tranny in to get some real #'s besides today it got kind of hot!!

by the way got play with a gt on the way back he started to play but then quit, I think he kind got the idea that he was going to get stomped!!!
Didn't you have a tune from Jesse before? What made you decide to go the other direction?
Old 03-06-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
badass! do you plan on making a trip to HRP before the G2G? i wana see that cam run
I hope to go this sunday coming up, if I get the window switch hooked up by then I'll spray it too!! bad thing is that weather aint going to be anywhere good as it was the last time I ran it... hey tx I am really surprised how the truck runs with the cam, even with the 4.11's it pulls like crazy all the way up to 120mph mark!!! I think if you go this route you'll be happy, but I would really wish you could be the guiney pig for a TR224 on a 5.3 ECSB!!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Colby 04
Didn't you have a tune from Jesse before? What made you decide to go the other direction?
I had always wanted to go with a nelson after I did my cam swap the first time, but since I already had the one from Jesse, I just kept on going with it, and since we all put so much $ in our trucks I think it is definately worth it getting tuned the proper way...I still think my truck ran good with the W4M tune, just that I knew that a street tune would always get it right on the money...... plus since going with a nelson tune I can drive there and get a retune anyday, I can go and come back in the same day, without having to wait atleast a week to get it back if I was doing a mail order...
Old 03-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Good to hear that AP. Allen is the truck God.

Spring break is next week and i dont want to spend a bunch of money to go to S. Padre so im gonna sit on my *** and see if i cant get my tq converter installed. If i do then i can hopefully hook at the track and run a low 14. i wish i had money to get my gears so my trutrac could go in.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:18 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

I hope to go this sunday coming up, if I get the window switch hooked up by then I'll spray it too!! bad thing is that weather aint going to be anywhere good as it was the last time I ran it... hey tx I am really surprised how the truck runs with the cam, even with the 4.11's it pulls like crazy all the way up to 120mph mark!!! I think if you go this route you'll be happy, but I would really wish you could be the guiney pig for a TR224 on a 5.3 ECSB!!
yeah ive been thinking about a custom grind tr220/114+4 with a lil higher lift or a tr 224 on a 112 but funds are tight and i know i want to do a lq9 swap in the future. i dont wana feel like im blowing $$ on a motor i plan on ditching in the future. besides, being a guiney pig sucks imo the proven tr220 is so damn attractive
Old 03-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well Cody came by the house today and brought his truck... and all I got it say is !! I have to say that is one of the cleanest Z''s that I've seen and not to mention how the 418 sounds!!! .... Cody I truly think you are going to have alot of traction problems when you take it to the track!! you barely nailed it and the truck kind of wanted to go sideways...
you should seen my neighbor he was like I guess he was impressed to see all that in a truck!! but then what would he know he drives a ford!!
Thanks for teh kind words AP just wish I had my new trans in there. I may go ahead and run it at the track. I was playing around yesterday after I left your house and it is actually shifting decent and not slipping AS bad as it was. Glad we got you all fixed up and Allen took care of you. Im getting my new O2 sensors in this week and Ill go visit Allen too. So ur bro want to buy my subs? I want my W7 in SOOOOOO bad now. My buddy just got a 10W7 in a small ported box and mine is a 12W7 with a larger box so Im hoping it is going to sound good. Too bad you cant go to the GTG.

The instant torque of the 418 is truely amazing/addicting/awesome/tire burning

Anyone have a pair of slicks I can borrow for a pass or two?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:04 AM
Sexy Party Mod

i dunno if im gonna take apart my table for the gtg cuz i dont have a posi unit.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

I had always wanted to go with a nelson after I did my cam swap the first time, but since I already had the one from Jesse, I just kept on going with it, and since we all put so much $ in our trucks I think it is definately worth it getting tuned the proper way...I still think my truck ran good with the W4M tune, just that I knew that a street tune would always get it right on the money...... plus since going with a nelson tune I can drive there and get a retune anyday, I can go and come back in the same day, without having to wait atleast a week to get it back if I was doing a mail order...
I plan on having Allen tune my 6.0L, I don't think Jesse has the ability to tune for 93octane...like a "hot tune".
Old 03-07-2006, 09:26 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Thanks for teh kind words AP just wish I had my new trans in there. I may go ahead and run it at the track. I was playing around yesterday after I left your house and it is actually shifting decent and not slipping AS bad as it was. Glad we got you all fixed up and Allen took care of you. Im getting my new O2 sensors in this week and Ill go visit Allen too. So ur bro want to buy my subs? I want my W7 in SOOOOOO bad now. My buddy just got a 10W7 in a small ported box and mine is a 12W7 with a larger box so Im hoping it is going to sound good. Too bad you cant go to the GTG.

The instant torque of the 418 is truely amazing/addicting/awesome/tire burning

Anyone have a pair of slicks I can borrow for a pass or two?

I may have a set, but not 4.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:27 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Colby 04
I plan on having Allen tune my 6.0L, I don't think Jesse has the ability to tune for 93octane...like a "hot tune".

Yea, he can. You just tune your low, and high octane tables. Its not hard to tune fro 93 octane.

Quick Reply: Houston Area March 19th GTG at HRP