Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Houston Bars and Night Clubs? Where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Colby 04
Next weekend we're going to the Houston Rev it UP

What time does the concert kick off?
10 or 11 and its bloody cheap to get in! Beers are 5-6 bucks a pop.....we will have a pre-concert get together to save money on alcohol. I knew i accidentaly left beer at my house for a reason!
Old 07-15-2007, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

Post up your favorite club or bar!

I'm looking for a different spot to hit tonight that is preferably north of down town...and heavily populated with females

yeah get this thing listed up so when im down there july 30th -aug 3rd i will have somewhere to go during that week
Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not too hot on smokey bars, so here are my favorite places to go. Some are better than others on certain nights, but they're all good either way.

Firehouse - http://firehousesaloon.agnitekblaze.com/ 59 South at Fountain View.
Dress code - casual. Hats/caps, flip flops, and shorts ok. Beer by the bucket. Pretty big bar area. I like going there for Texas Country. Stoney Larue, Roger Crager, Randy Rogers . . . Just about anything Texas music wise. Open Thursday-Saturday, live bands each night. The have a small kitchen, food is great.

Midtown area - 7+ clubs all within walking distance, and heavily populated with females All of these are the nicer dressed places. Spec's is the place to park. $6 bucks to park, or hunt for a spot in the street. Almost all of these places have valet parking.
Tipsy Clover -- nice small place. Two quarter tables, one dart board, couches to chill. Very mixed atmosphere. Smaller outside patio area in front, on the side.
El Patio - - 2 level outside, badass rittas . . . same as above
Pub Fiction - Sports bar/pub atmosphere, big place, Flat screen TV's to watch sports. Casual dress, mixed crowd, gets packed stupid, late nights. Some pool tables, nice dart boards. Live music inside, and acoustic band outside. Popular place for sports games. It's kinda like a younger crowd Champs.
Komodos - Small bar/Tavern. Used to be an old house, made into a bar, mixed crowd. Lounge like place. Inside has A huge flat screen inside. Outside, is a backyard like setting, chairs everywhere, different areas, radio like music outside. No live music.
Front Porch Pub - Huge deck area. If the spot above is busy, we usually head here. Mostly if not all outside seating. Lots of fans, ok prices on buckets of beer
Tailgate - Inside sports like place, booths are truck's tailgates. Small bar/tavern, some outside seating. Other bars in walking distance.

Long list short, there's quite a few places that are nice, and nice on the inside too.

If you're into trendy, well-dress places.
Chrome , Very trendy, popular $10-$15 cover, chick to dude ratio is off the wall. More prissy chicks in that place than any other. Reserve a booth, buy a bottle of your favorite booze for $180-$350. Your neck will be sore. Expensive drinks, expensive atmosphere. Cook place for a every once in a while visit.
Escobar - another High end, well dress, place. . . . mostly for dance Selective bouncer at door.

Uropa - One of my favorite nicer places to go. They'll have a cover, be nice dressed, drink prices ok, valet at front door. Multi room bar, kind like being a maze. each room has it's own music, own bars, own sceenery. Then there's the huge dance floor. They play just about everything.
-A packed dance floor spills out to the main bar area where 20-something singles mingle over cocktails and throbbing DJ beats. The multi-roomed club also includes the red room for house, trance and '80s music as well as ample room for dancing. Couples should check out the candle-lit library room or the Sinatra room with wall-to-wall couches, Rat Pack tunes and plenty of lounge flavor.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the info dude.....although you were a couple of days late

Do you know of any good dance clubs?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the info dude.....although you were a couple of days late

Do you know of any good dance clubs?
yeah all of the last 3 that l listed. They're the places that you'd "dress up" a bit nicer for. It's the see and be seen places. I've been to all three numerous times. They all have valet, they all have a $15-$20 cover, they all have "selective" bouncers at the doors. The cubs are more than nice once your in.
Chrome is the nicest, most popular place of them all, but it is the most expensive. Basketball, and movie stars drop in here. Their out side patio has furniture that's more expensive then your typical house.

Next would be Escobar. It's in a nice strip shopping center. The main focal point is the dance floor, and the massive amount of attractive women. If you valet at this place, you can pass the waiting line to get in, your more favored if you have hot, attractive chicks with you.

Europa would be last. Again more of a dance scene, less hipe at the door, Basketball players frequent it also. Still very nice and appealing. Huge spacious dance floor, with a wanna be "slim shaddy," DJ. Very full of himself, right down to the hair, and clothes, but plays good music.

There's a huge strip more down town, but parking sucks, and the walking around is less safe. Holler if you want to meet up one night.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Ewww the St James?

Go blow your cash on a good meal at Fago De Chao, Carmello's, Rainbow Lodge, or America's. Come on now.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

The Men's Club

Or if you go further south, Boondoggles(sp?) is a cool place in Seabrook/Clear Lake area....
Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThirdCoast
The Men's Club

Or if you go further south, Boondoggles(sp?) is a cool place in Seabrook/Clear Lake area....
yes, Boondoggles is pretty cool.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:48 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by barley
thers this place called Red River it's way north on like 249 or 290 or sumthin
Their drinks are dirt cheap .50 long necks and maby 1.00 you call its. I dont know its ben a while since i went we usually get kicked out
holy ****, did i just read about the "Rio Rojo" on here? make sure you go to academy and get some new floaties. Can't say much i usually visit the River at least once or twice when i come home.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by 2k5Squirrel
holy ****, did i just read about the "Rio Rojo" on here? make sure you go to academy and get some new floaties. Can't say much i usually visit the River at least once or twice when i come home.
I think we are going on Saturday night. You cant beat 75 cent longnecks with a stick!

Quick Reply: Houston Bars and Night Clubs? Where to go?