I think you are in your own club for how many times you have been banned LOL
Old 11-11-2005, 01:52 AM
I Like Gold!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no ****!!!! lol!!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

'tis better to be remembered for something bad, then nothing at all!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
There isnt 220 out there or my buddy could do it for you Rumble. Hell I could probably weld it I have been playing with the welder a little bit when I go back home very so often

But then again I wouldnt want my *** welding on my truck

TX there is no excuse for not getting them on there I gave you the means to get it done now lets do it

i'm pretty good at welding, i just have no welder. lol. i welded my current muffler on.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I oculd help you the 19th sorry not too much help it would only take maybe 2-3 hours ot put on and I will be coming in from that direction from Austin so it wouldnt be too far over out of the way. I also have a buddy who can weld the cutout in for you if you need to since an exhaust shop rpobably wouldnt be open. Let me know if I can help.
hah, heres the prob. i cant do it in my garage unless my dads out of town. i dont want him to know about the headers until i get them on because he will flip out. dont know why cuz i pay for the truck, insurance, gas and anything else that has to do with the truck. hes just one of those people who leaves his trucks totally factory. not much he can do once their already installed
Old 11-11-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
hah, heres the prob. i cant do it in my garage unless my dads out of town. i dont want him to know about the headers until i get them on because he will flip out. dont know why cuz i pay for the truck, insurance, gas and anything else that has to do with the truck. hes just one of those people who leaves his trucks totally factory. not much he can do once their already installed
My old man is the same way
Old 11-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
I have a few places we could work on it at. We could do it at my moms house my step dad has every tool imaginable and a heater

Plus it is only like a couple of miles from tehre to my buddies house who has a welder in casae we need to weld somethin up.

If you cant get it done we can do it on the 19th let me know whats up.

Hey AP you going to be able to handle the trans cooler install or you need help?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Hey TX, if for whatever reason 1slow can't do it or has a change of plans, I could get it knocked out for you, or we could do it at my friend's house in houston if there is any welding or cutting going on...let me know I'm pretty much available all next week as far as I know.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:44 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Talking

Originally Posted by O3GMC
No selling out, just worried something might be really wrong....however how the truck feels on the street severely conflicts with he dyno reading, so I guess the cheapest way to confirm anything is the track.

If it was on Allen's dyno then go mostly by the TQ numbers, they seemed closer to a Dynojet than the HP numbers. I only turned 220 HP on that dyno in third gear and about 275 TQ. Went to a dyno day and turned 286HP in 2nd gear on a Dynojet. So what I'm trying to say is take dyno numbers w/ a grain of salt and put it on the track. That will tell you the real story. Just make sure you can get that thing hooked up and you'll be murder on the track...Zed
Old 11-11-2005, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by storm5.3
If it was on Allen's dyno then go mostly by the TQ numbers, they seemed closer to a Dynojet than the HP numbers. I only turned 220 HP on that dyno in third gear and about 275 TQ. Went to a dyno day and turned 286HP in 2nd gear on a Dynojet. So what I'm trying to say is take dyno numbers w/ a grain of salt and put it on the track. That will tell you the real story. Just make sure you can get that thing hooked up and you'll be murder on the track...Zed
Well, something was either wrong with the dyno, the calibration, or simply, my truck. I'm talking 100hp low. Torque started at 400ish and immediatly fell off - think about the curve being upside down - like something slipping badly when power hit. Power was 20hp lower than when I dynoed 2 summers ago as well . We tuned the a/f because the meth and cam together with no prior tune was making it run very rich. No other tuning was done because I thought something was messed up and didnt want to push it. We thought maybe the trans or TC was slipping, but the fluid looks new. I thought maybe my rockers were too tight I had a valve hanging open, but I checked compression today and it is fine. So I'm going to just run at the track and see if my truck is indeed falling on its face.

Only thing is....the truck feels stronger than ever on the street.

Quick Reply: HRP (Houston Raceway Park) Member Get Togther