Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

HRP (Houston Raceway Park) Member Get Togther

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wonderin if anybody had directions to the BWW. Its prolly already posted in the fourty some odd pages and here and im just too lazy to read the whole **** (as AP2002 put it nicely) If it is already in there im sorry and tell my lazy *** to go look for it on a certain page number if not lemme know. Thanks and this is the last call for anybody who wants to use my welder to let me know so i can bring it; otherwise im gonna leave my rig at the house.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Hey......... calm down . Your already in a college town were the ladies out number the men !!

Jim
BS... I live in College Station,... all the half cute smart ones came here.... gained the freshman 15 as well. Thats why I'm moving to Lubbock this next spring... thats where all the dumber HOTT *** blondes went... hehe

Paul
Old 11-17-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn guys i just got a new job and my boss wont let me have sunday off so im gonna have to cancel for sunday. let me know when yall decide to do it again im gettin my truck in jan so i'll be able to get a time on it then.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
I would leave it alone. If it runs good, don't mess with it. For a larger cam installed, the idle @ 650 rpm's sounds right where it should be at.
Allen Nelson told me he usually sets his customer's vehicles that have larger cams around 700. Just because it doesn't sound like it has a lopey cam, doesn't mean it's not doing its job.
Performance is what should be chosen over sound.
Just leave it where it is...........or go to a larger cam

Jim
yeah, I guess you are right,,, I'll leave it alone for now about after driving it for 2 days I am very pleased with this cam but now I want to know how it would feel with a bigger one!!!

by the way, I was exiting the freeway today and it just happens that my friend in his stock 03' lightning was coming down the feeder and he revved at me but I did not know it was him, so we go at it from a 50mph roll and my front bumper was right next to his door!! he then lowered his window down and I recognized him and he said damn your truck really woke up with that cam!!! I had a smile on my face!! he truck ran a 14.2 in hot weather, should be faster with this cold front.... by the way he'll be there on sunday!!! he has alot of parts already CAI, pulley, exhaust, but he wants to get a good stock base run in cold weather then he'll install the stuff on and see how much it waked it up...

Last edited by ap2002; 11-18-2005 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ap2002
he truck ran a 14.2 in hot weather, should be faster with this cold front.... by the way he'll be there on sunday!!! he has alot of parts already CAI, pulley, exhaust, but he wants to get a good stock base run in cold weather then he'll install the stuff again and see how much it waked it up...
Sounds like we'll have quite a turnout of different trucks - his L will run real nice in the cold, 13s for sure- those blowers LOVE the cold. Let me know if he needs any help w/the install, I used to have a L
Old 11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok so whats the deal for NW houston guys 1960/249 area. Are we meeting anywhere or just gonna go out on our own
Old 11-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Sexy Party Mod

i live in Tomball but work right at 1960 and cutten road, and i was plannin on goin in to town for BWW seing how i havent ever been to one (just hooters ) wanna meet up somewhere near 1960 and 249 and head down to BWW together cuz i have no freakin clue of where im goin. anyone else wanna meet up and head out as well im up for it. anyone can PM me if they are up for it.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Question

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
i live in Tomball but work right at 1960 and cutten road, and i was plannin on goin in to town for BWW seing how i havent ever been to one (just hooters ) wanna meet up somewhere near 1960 and 249 and head down to BWW together cuz i have no freakin clue of where im goin. anyone else wanna meet up and head out as well im up for it. anyone can PM me if they are up for it.
Also Dave68RT, I thought we were meeting at the Starbucks lot at 1960 & 249?
Whoever is meeting there, post up soon!
I'm thinking we should meet between 1:00-1:15pm (firm). We will follow each other and meet at BWW at 2:30pm.
Guess we will eat and get ASAP.
Track opens for instant green at 4:00pm.
Who's meeting at the Starbucks parking lot??????????????

Jim
Old 11-17-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Wink

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
My opinion........Hooters is better. Wings and the other things...

Jim
Old 11-17-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Angry

Originally Posted by idrivesh!t
damn guys i just got a new job and my boss wont let me have sunday off so im gonna have to cancel for sunday. let me know when yall decide to do it again im gettin my truck in jan so i'll be able to get a time on it then.
CANCEL????? That will be $20 from you!

Jim

Quick Reply: HRP (Houston Raceway Park) Member Get Togther