Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

HRP (Houston Raceway Park) Member Get Togther

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it was good to see a bunch of you that I knew and good to meet ap2002, and 1slow01Z71... I can't post any new personal bests.... I think I fried a n2o relay... have not really figured it out yet, but it was an all motor nite... Hell if I had known that I coulda just run my street tires... I lose a couple of tenths or 3 running them on motor as they do not help my 60's BUT my truck was more consistant that it had ever been.... my first run was 14.24 and my last was a 14.17..... sorry bout the red lite ap2002, your truck runs much better than mine on top... your truck was closing that gap at the finish. MAN I NEED A WAY TO TUNE!!!! it was really funny first run I left at idle and got a 2.059 60' and the 2nd run I left at 1800 and got a 2.059 60'!!!!! WTF???? No spin whatsoever except going into second...
IT was WAY to dam busy..... perhaps we can go again when it will be less busy.... oh yea, what the hell happened to the instant green..... that is all I have been doing for a long time, had not realized how rusty on the tree I have gotten...

TJ
Old 11-22-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Hell, I didn't see you after I helped you shed some weight off your truck.
I didn't see you at all after that actually.
Did your spare tire holder come down?? Mine didn't. I blame you for it too!! You just had to line it up to go right into that hole huh! LOL.
Man, I struggled for about 30 min trying to get that thing down. The cable part came down, but the actuall bracket was stuck up in there. It never came down.
Will take it to dealership in the morning. Not sure what's wrong with it.
Let me know when you want to get Allen to tune that thing for you.
See ya soon.

Jim

Damn, you still couldn't get that bracket loose? It was nice meeting you Jim, you have a very nice truck.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Element 80
Damn, you still couldn't get that bracket loose? It was nice meeting you Jim, you have a very nice truck.
No, I fought with it yesterday and today. No such luck. It's just unreal. I'm letting the dealership fool with it in the morning. Warranty item anyhow.
Thanks for the compliment. Your truck is nice looking as well. It may have some miles on it, but it looks good still. You should have ran it. I could have let you use my number. LOL. You have a good set-up to mod on. You need to give it a breeze of laughing gas to see what it can do at the track.
I may be going that route.
After seeing that other VHO go 12.50's with a 100 shot.... I just have to give it a try.
Guess the LQ9 motors like a cold blast of NO2.
Hope to see you around again. nice meeting you.

Jim
Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
The pacesetter kit is a direct bolt on kit and a hell of alot cheaper. Thats the way I would go
I got the pacesetters on mine and love them. I bought the ORY and it is worthless on our trucks. These come dual from the factory.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrDestinE
Well it was good to see a bunch of you that I knew and good to meet ap2002, and 1slow01Z71... I can't post any new personal bests.... I think I fried a n2o relay... have not really figured it out yet, but it was an all motor nite... Hell if I had known that I coulda just run my street tires... I lose a couple of tenths or 3 running them on motor as they do not help my 60's BUT my truck was more consistant that it had ever been.... my first run was 14.24 and my last was a 14.17..... sorry bout the red lite ap2002, your truck runs much better than mine on top... your truck was closing that gap at the finish. MAN I NEED A WAY TO TUNE!!!! it was really funny first run I left at idle and got a 2.059 60' and the 2nd run I left at 1800 and got a 2.059 60'!!!!! WTF???? No spin whatsoever except going into second...
IT was WAY to dam busy..... perhaps we can go again when it will be less busy.... oh yea, what the hell happened to the instant green..... that is all I have been doing for a long time, had not realized how rusty on the tree I have gotten...

TJ

nice meeting you too that gap closed pretty quick on the top end that I even thought you had let out!!! what gears do you have?? you jumped out of the hole pretty quick!!

hey chevy6000vho, put them pacesetters on without the cats... you'll like the difference!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

No, I fought with it yesterday and today. No such luck. It's just unreal. I'm letting the dealership fool with it in the morning. Warranty item anyhow.
Thanks for the compliment. Your truck is nice looking as well. It may have some miles on it, but it looks good still. You should have ran it. I could have let you use my number. LOL. You have a good set-up to mod on. You need to give it a breeze of laughing gas to see what it can do at the track.
After seeing that other VHO go 12.50's with a 100 shot.... I just have to give it a try.

Jim
I am sure you can get it fixed under warranty. But if not, I will give you mine. It is sitting in my closet because I keep a spare in the bed.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jim

Yeah, I should have ran it at least once. I have never raced this truck. I don't have any mods worthy, but it would be nice to know what it'll do. I've been "babying" it, 135k miles and stills drives like the day I bought it. I worry about blowing my tranny. Oh well, the weather is going to get cooler and there's always next time. I also need some pointers for "take-off".
Old 11-22-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=ap2002]nice meeting you too that gap closed pretty quick on the top end that I even thought you had let out!!! what gears do you have?? you jumped out of the hole pretty quick!!

It came stock w/ 3.92's w/ locker and 20's, the Drag Radials were not spinning at all.... but the full stock exhaust system is KILLING me..... one of these days....

TJ
Old 11-22-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sleek silverado
I am sure you can get it fixed under warranty. But if not, I will give you mine. It is sitting in my closet because I keep a spare in the bed.

Brandon, it was nice meeting you. I love the way you've done your truck. It's freakin' clean!!! I hate to admit it, but I'll probably copy your wheels. Those SS look awesome, but I might still get a set of American Racing Maxims. I need to save up and get that Hotchkis kit and get rid of that "4WD" look it has now.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:42 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

I was driveing a dodge the other day at work and noticed the stall on it, it jumps to 2k very easy and this is with the v6, i bet the 5.7 hemi is about the same if not higher?

Quick Reply: HRP (Houston Raceway Park) Member Get Togther