Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

I had the "Next level of our Relationship" talk last night with my GF......

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default I had the "Next level of our Relationship" talk last night with my GF......

Well I knew this was coming.... Last night my girlfriend asked me:

Originally Posted by My Girlfriend
"When are we going to take our relationship to the next level"
We have been dating for over 2 years now and practically spend every night together so I guess I need to start looking for a Ring.... I am 30 and definately not getting any prettier and she is 29. Kinda good and bad timing...

Good:
I just got a new promotion at work last month so I am making more money!!!! Which kinda does not matter cause she has alot more money than I do....

Bad:
I was about to order gears and TruTrac this weekend and have a Converter built next month, then a cam the month after that... Well it looks like some of that might be on hold for awhile....

We had all ready talked about living together and I said no, I would rather just get married...

So anyone got some advice about ring shopping?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, if you are upset because you'd rather by truck parts over a ring for your potential fiance then I think you aren't ready to get married.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Lol, better go shopping!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't break the bank on an engagement ring that she's only going to wear for a little bit....I always thought it was retarded any time I heard about people spending thousands of dollars on the engagement ring. Wedding ring I can understand....
Old 01-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by RandomHero
LOL, if you are upset because you'd rather by truck parts over a ring for your potential fiance then I think you aren't ready to get married.
Naw I am not upset at all, just a change of plans... I am a big planner, I was planning on buying the ring in August anyways so things just moved foward a little bit.

Originally Posted by thunder550
Don't break the bank on an engagement ring that she's only going to wear for a little bit....I always thought it was retarded any time I heard about people spending thousands of dollars on the engagement ring. Wedding ring I can understand....
Hmmmm, wait I am supposed to buy an engagement ring and a wedding ring? I thought you just added to the engagement ring with another ring with some smaller stones on it....

Someone please explain the difference Engagement ring vs. Wedding ring....
Old 01-10-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought the idea was so you could get the diamond transferred from the engagement ring?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the engagement ring is the "show-piece", so to speak. Even when you get married, the big'un is the engagement ring (traditionally). The wedding band is something you can buy with the ring... just make sure it matches as a set (obviously). When I got married, I spent up to $1200 (incl tax) on the entire set. That was the "starter" kit. I told my wife she'd get an upgrade after 5 years. Well... the day before Christmas ('07), I upgraded her set. We've been married almost 4 yrs (dating off & on since '97), and the reason I upgraded was b/c of all the stuff she puts up with with me spending money on truck stuff, along with managing the "home-front" most of the time. I thought she deserved it... now, that gives me lee-way when I want future automotive "goodies" (that's called planting the seeds).

In any case, start out with an average price range. Unless you're loaded with EXTRA money, start mild so that you have room to build up things like that. This'll make your finances easier to brighten her eyes up down the line with upgrades, etc. Do the reverse of the Best, Better, Good method.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh....well I guess I just learned something, lol. I always thought that they were two separate rings.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Resident Retard

Well I have been looking at rings I am looking at the 1ct. solitare size ring $4500-$6000.... Is that low or high?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to kays and get the ring. that way if you decide to upgrade it later they will give you all your money back on it as long as you get something that costs twice as much which is easy to do.

Quick Reply: I had the "Next level of our Relationship" talk last night with my GF......