Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

i hate to admit it but i was beaten tonight by a stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:12 AM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate to admit it but i was beaten tonight by a stang

some of the southern crew know the car but it's a 02 i think mustang gt with a vortech s/c. it has gears and some other boltons but we ran tonight and he got the better part of the mutt.

i do have vid but not available just yet

race went like this, we lined up after doing burnouts and then the flag man did the motion to go and i went. mustang sat. flagger was over zelous.

next run we both launched. i had a little tire spin but he got me form the 60 foot on. i calculate it to be about a 5 car length victory or so for him. maybe a few more.

this is all i had on motor. we have another race lined up for tomorrow night when my nitrous kit is back on the truck to see the outcome. i am sure it will be different.

if you watch the slowprovsgoshawk23 race vid, it looks about like that but a little worse.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:04 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I lost one last night too, but I wasnt sure the guy was gonna race and I blew the tires. It was a C6 Vette though, doubt Id admit to loosing to a stang
Old 06-15-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by goshawk23
some of the southern crew know the car but it's a 02 i think mustang gt with a vortech s/c. it has gears and some other boltons but we ran tonight and he got the better part of the mutt.

i do have vid but not available just yet

race went like this, we lined up after doing burnouts and then the flag man did the motion to go and i went. mustang sat. flagger was over zelous.

next run we both launched. i had a little tire spin but he got me form the 60 foot on. i calculate it to be about a 5 car length victory or so for him. maybe a few more.

this is all i had on motor. we have another race lined up for tomorrow night when my nitrous kit is back on the truck to see the outcome. i am sure it will be different.

if you watch the slowprovsgoshawk23 race vid, it looks about like that but a little worse.
That sucks. I would never tell anybody I got beat by a stang. Delete this post and swear white1 to secrecy.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:17 AM
12 Second Truck Club

mustang thread?? What Mustang thread?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont give a **** what others say. You on motor only being pulled about 5 car lengths by a Supercharged Mustang isnt anything to be ashamed of. Do you know what all other mods he had?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ranwalk
I dont give a **** what others say. You on motor only being pulled about 5 car lengths by a Supercharged Mustang isnt anything to be ashamed of. Do you know what all other mods he had?
The man beat by the LT1 would say that. Don't let him get your hopes up Johnny boy!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah you N/A vs a s/c'd Stang... outcome not so bad.
there's a couple of 03-04 Cobras around here that are absolutely nasty, I have no desire to get embarassed by one of them.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Default I could be worse...

It could have been a ricer!!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

For those wondering......he's beat this mustang before, so this makes it so much worse. Better stay out of the Delta, we have alot of mustangs here.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Truck addict

i know he has gears, nitrous, nitto 555r's, and the supercharger. i don't know what else he has

Quick Reply: i hate to admit it but i was beaten tonight by a stang