Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

I know I'm a coonass but.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I know I'm a coonass but.....

I can do math. I started Engineering school, then changed my mind. Still work as an engineer at times though.

Anyway heres my delima. Im going to the lake bash Sat. I need ice for beer etc. We have a BIG ice maker somewhere I have access too So today I take my 5 day 120qt. ice chest to this place and fill it up. Chock a block full. I get home this evening and prepare to transfer ice to other chest to cool them down so they all hold Ice for a few days (secret a beer drinking 12 year old learns ) Anyway Im aware that a small amount of ice will melt, and Im aware that the capacity is measured in liquid quarts, but when I opened the 120qt. it was still full even after bouncing it around so the ice would settle. I proceeded to fill my 25qt Marine Igloo (the BEST cooler I own) and my 48 qt Coleman hunting cooler (the green and brown one) When Im ready to fill my other 40qt I realise my 120 is................................................ ......EMPTY, and I mean empty. Not even enough to make a redbull and vodka (Im on a diet till my b-day )

So what I want to know is..........WHERE THE **** IS MY ICE????? Did one of you red neck sumbiches make it dissapear? If so GIVE IT BACK its needed for Worm buckets and cooling beer this weekend damnit.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick took it ----- he told me so

That or Beau made the Ice Chest and did A&M math to mark it 120 qt

48+25= ummmmmm **** I dont know ---- looks like 120 qt BAM marked as such

Id put out an APB for your ice man
Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by BradS
Nick took it ----- he told me so

That or Beau made the Ice Chest and did A&M math to mark it 120 qt

48+25= ummmmmm **** I dont know ---- looks like 120 qt BAM marked as such

Id put out an APB for your ice man
Im not an engineering major...******

Methinks your icechest is not even close to being efficiant enough in the hot, humid weather of summer. I think you need to invest in a vacuum jacketed ice chest. I build them for a minor fee. PM for more info.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
Im not an engineering major...******

Methinks your icechest is not even close to being efficiant enough in the hot, humid weather of summer. I think you need to invest in a vacuum jacketed ice chest. I build them for a minor fee. PM for more info.

So that means ya math skills are worse than I though huh
Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Hell yea, Im failin me some calculus right now. Im usually not one to point fingers but that fuggin teacher is a bitch and grades too hard without a curve. I bust my *** studying to no avail. She always teaches us one thing, then throws **** thats like 40 times harder on the test and expects you to explain your answer with theorems, rules, etc.

...........So to answer your question...I suck at math.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:11 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well beau, the ice chest (120) was still full of ice. my ice chest are very efficient .

i am currious how you keep a vaccum on the chest you sell, or do you always ride with it lol
Old 06-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by white1
well beau, the ice chest (120) was still full of ice. my ice chest are very efficient .

i am currious how you keep a vaccum on the chest you sell, or do you always ride with it lol
You build a box within a box, seal it up (tig welding works best), put a vaccum valve on it and hook up a pump. Once you pull it down in vaccum, just close the valve and call it done. We had some guys make one where i used to work and it would hold ice for WEEKS on end. Its the same theory behind keeping cryogenic liquid so cold(-3XX* F); A tank within a tank with a vaccum pulled on the anulus.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
You build a box within a box, seal it up (tig welding works best), put a vaccum valve on it and hook up a pump. Once you pull it down in vaccum, just close the valve and call it done. We had some guys make one where i used to work and it would hold ice for WEEKS on end. Its the same theory behind keeping cryogenic liquid so cold(-3XX* F); A tank within a tank with a vaccum pulled on the anulus.
You just gave me an idea....
Now i have to find a freakin Tig!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nonnieselman

Hmmmm do I detect someone building a Cold Can for their truck
Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
I would try to get ahold of some 3/16-1/4" stainless steel so there is no pitting....and stainless looks soooo pretty when the correct amount of heat is applied whilest "walking the cup." Its gonna be a heavy sumbitch so plan accordingly. Make a 2 boxes without tops then space it with angle or channel. Dont seal those welds. You will need some pearlite insulation within anulus as well.

Quick Reply: I know I'm a coonass but.....