Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Isn't this wrongful arrest? what do ya'll think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully you can sue them and have it Purged and have them pay for the Att. fees,
Sorry to hear about your situation.
Go to the best attorney that offers free consultations to have all of your questions answered.

Good luck man!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd have to say take a pen and some paper and write down everything that happened while it's fresh in your head so if you decide to actually take this to court you have something to give to your lawyer so he can use your account of what happened to trap the cops in their own lies if they "lost" the video tape of your questioning. You might also want to print out this story that you wrote to show your mental anguish you're going through, i mean hell the judge will look and see that you went online onto a freaking truck forum to ask for advice because of how horrible you feel about this that's almost a kill shot for the mental anguish you suffered, the judge wouldn't be able to overlook that. But thats JMO, take it to court, it was their screwup not yours. They decided not to do any research on the name "Ricky Cooper" and that was their mistake, like said in previous posts they should have had the other guy identify you, but no they didn't, they tried to puff their chests out and be big hardasses and they failed.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like you were brought in for questioning and informed that you had the right to remain silent-no front page news there. Good luck getting rich off of it though
Old 01-05-2007, 09:34 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by the way my buddy that is a cop said they dont have to tell you your rights at the scene of being arrested
He's right, they dont need to read you your rights BUT anything said prior to being read the Miranda is not necessarily admissible in court.

I would find a lawyer.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:36 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Colby who's that in your avatar????
Old 01-05-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trever1t
Damn Colby who's that in your avatar????

my girlfriend
Old 01-05-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Hell I dunno who that is...some victom of an innocent google image search
Old 01-06-2007, 04:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Colby 04

Hell I dunno who that is...some victom of an innocent google image search
Its my girlfriend. Im hondered you like here enought to use her in your avatar.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:34 AM
The Wingman

Yeah, like slow and ruthless said, I'm probabley gonna end up taking this one in the ***, I mainly just wanted to vent and get my story out there (myspace too) to try and stay ahead of the rumors. I have a lot loyal friends over here that knew better than to believe it. But I will be checking to make sure this isn't on my record. When they gave me my belongings back, the desk clerk asked the officer "are his charges dropped?" and the officer said "yes". So i'm hoping its over with. No double jeopardy.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LilRick
Yeah, like slow and ruthless said, I'm probabley gonna end up taking this one in the ***, I mainly just wanted to vent and get my story out there (myspace too) to try and stay ahead of the rumors. I have a lot loyal friends over here that knew better than to believe it. But I will be checking to make sure this isn't on my record. When they gave me my belongings back, the desk clerk asked the officer "are his charges dropped?" and the officer said "yes". So i'm hoping its over with. No double jeopardy.

you weren't tried the first time...double jeopardy only counts if you go to court bud

Quick Reply: Isn't this wrongful arrest? what do ya'll think?