Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Jacksonville FL?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Jacksonville FL?????

I have a really good friend who is probable moving there and she wants me to move there with them later this summer/fall. Is there anyone from that area? How is it? The economy worth a crap? How is the real estate market? I'll be looking to buy a house and probable getting a real estate license and becoming a Realtor or maybe just an investor. Any good tracks around there? I'm a drag and a circle track racer. Tell me what ya'll think. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I have a really good friend who is probable moving there and she wants me to move there with them later this summer/fall. Is there anyone from that area? How is it? The economy worth a crap? How is the real estate market? I'll be looking to buy a house and probable getting a real estate license and becoming a Realtor or maybe just an investor. Any good tracks around there? I'm a drag and a circle track racer. Tell me what ya'll think. Thanks!
Economy is doing ok...of course all land related development is down. Houses are at or close to their low point, good time to buy.

Tracks are Gainesville.hour -thirty, SGMP-2 hours & Orlando-2 hours. These are all 1/4 mile tracks.

Heading to the beach now...I will check this later tonight,

Pitt
Old 05-17-2009, 05:15 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live in citrus county, its about 2 hours from jacksonville. the housing market is way down! like pitt said now is the time to buy. new construction is at a all time low here, but nothern florida is a nice place to live.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heavy chevy boy
like pitt said now is the time to buy. new construction is at a all time low here, but nothern florida is a nice place to live.

My mom and one of my best friends are from Jacksonville. Its a great place to live.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03

My mom and one of my best friends are from Jacksonville. Its a great place to live.
Lots of cars and trucks running these streets.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Sounding good guys, keep'm coming
Old 05-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Launching!

I grew up in Lake City. About 1hr from J-ville. Went to J-ville for the beach 3 times damn under toe nearly killed me and beaches were dirty ( St.Augstine Crecent Beach FTW ). Went to Kona this one time got jumped by a crack head at a corner store. If you like big cities its great for you. But if your more of a small town kinda guy your gonna pull your freakin hair out. Like said above GaterSpeed way is in G-ville great track. And I know of 5-6 circle tracks in Columbia and Swannee County ( 1hr10min away ). But Florida is one of the biggest and badest states when it comes to trucks period.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

What? You're thinking about moving? You aren't gonna get out of the turbo kit game, are you? I'm still wanting you to build up a twin turbo setup for my RCSB Vortec 454 truck! Although it would be a better trip going to Florida then Wyoming.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 AM
TECH Junkie

I live an hour north of Jax and I go down from time to time to meet up with some folks. I live in a dead small Ga town where nothing happens. Jax is huge. It is like 15 towns real close together. Get on news4jax.com and keep up with the local happenings for a while. My wife drives down there everyday to go to school. If you move down this way, I'll kidnap you and make you teach me to tune! But then , I'll set you free and buy a turbo kit from you. Seriously , the best part of jax is its located so close to so many cool things. Nothing is to far away.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

I live 1.5 hours north and we go down every know and then there is all kinds of things to do down there. The malls aren't to far away from each other. There is always something going on like car shows and meets. You can always ride down to the gator nationals every year. Drag strips are pretty close. There are alot of trucks down hear that are pretty fast that isn't members here.

Quick Reply: Jacksonville FL?????