Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Just my kindof week

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just my kindof week

Me and my girlfriend were at Sonic gettin some ice cream.. i killed my truck cause we were talkin to some friends. Crank it back up and we are leaving... the Fan speed doesnt work on 1, 2, or 3.. So i just run it on 4.... not bad, but the air still worked... so its all good...
Got my buddy (skinnyman) to get me a resistor for the blower motor, got that put in and all is good...

Me and SemiHemi were at the Range Sunday just sighting in some rifles and sending rounds down range... On the way home we were goofing off and ran the ole truck up to 130 or so and slowed down... had to do it one more time.. ran her up pretty fast and slowed down..... few seconds later we noticed the air wasnt cold comin out of the vents....

We got to talkin, Semihemi said that it might be the High pressure switch...

I put the blower speed on 3... i never felt the Compressor kick on.... got to thinking...

I just guessed and said the Belt broke... ... it is 7 years old and has 165k miles on it..

Got to church and sure enough,, belt was missing...

Got home and threw one on there that Skinnyman had brought home to me a few months ago...

Good thing is...it only cost me a supper........ haha

Didnt get any sleep Sunday night cause we were goofing off and went camping... went Coyote hunting At day break monday morning and went to eat at my parents for Labor day.. finally got home and was goin to go to sleep till my girlfriend got off work...

i was asleep for about an hour and my boss calls me......... i dont remember what he said... hahaha.... he called me later on and told me that im leaving Tuesday morning bout 6am... be gone for 2 weeks, in texas..

So now im just sittin in a hotel room in Laredo,,,,, finish up here Saturday, then goin to Victoria and do a job there and hopefully gettin home Thursday or Friday...

Hey atleast im gettin alot of over time!!!!!

Meth Kit and Some Sticky tires....
Oh and a XD SubCompact .40....
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in zapata...just right down the road from you...what are you doing down here...
Old 09-07-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Laredo is just a couple of hours away from the valley, let us know if you head down here
Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bud8fan
im in zapata...just right down the road from you...what are you doing down here...
Im workin for AEP, we are disassembling 2 Power transformers and reassembling them in Victoria in a storage yard... then home sweet home...

I dont like it down here... its hard to find some Sweet Tea
Old 09-07-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chev5.3
Laredo is just a couple of hours away from the valley, let us know if you head down here
Where exactly is the Valley you guys keep talkin about???
Old 09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the belts fly off at a certain mph. I've noticed mine comes off when I go faster than 110.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tarinitup
Maybe the belts fly off at a certain mph. I've noticed mine comes off when I go faster than 110.

Hahah.... ive goin 140 a few times and over 100 alot... and this belt was 7 years old...
And it has gone 6000+ Rpms alot!!
The other day i was wondering about the belt... but my thoughts went elsewhere...
Old 09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
but my thoughts went elsewhere...

so did your belt... sorry nonie i had to... glad to hear your getting alot of OT so you can get into the 11's..
Old 09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
so did your belt... sorry nonie i had to... glad to hear your getting alot of OT so you can get into the 11's..
haha,,, that didnt sound right did it???? Sorry... Na, i was loading some .223s... and tryin to Multitask and load ammo doesnt go together...

11's??? ill settle for 13s in the heat... im ready to go back to the track, just aint had enough time lately.... But now that its SD tuned and running good im anxious...
13s in the heat would be sweet!!!!
then Meth

i guess only thing after that is a 6.0??
Old 09-07-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nonnieselman

i guess only thing after that is a 6.0??

yeah then your good buddie shannon will recieve a package on his doorstep with a 5.3 in it just because hes such a nice guy...

Quick Reply: Just my kindof week