Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Lifted Golf Cart

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lifted Golf Cart

Yeah I know it seems kinda stupid at first, but down at our beach house it's pretty easy to get stuck on the beach in the sand and the damn pot holes with the stock wheels/tires. I found a good deal on a 8" A-Arm lift with 25" tires, and it was cheaper than the 6" with 22" tires. Being a man I chose the larger to save money

I haven't finished this little project yet. I still need to wire the lights and paint the body. I'm having a buddy of mine who does hotrods/show trucks do the painting on it. I'm thinking a metallic blue with silver or black flames? haha.

I'm gonna get a better flex picture cuz it's hard to tell that the front wheel is actually off the ground:

Old 04-26-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is what they look like stock

I'm really trying to find a good direction on the paint scheme, so any help would be great
Old 04-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats fuggin awesome! just dont graft on a escalade or navigator front clip on it :eyes2:

i think a flat black or gloss black will look best. if you are going to do full custom paint, i think you should get some chrome wheels for it then
Old 04-26-2008, 10:43 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Foxworthy voice.....You know you might be a red neck when......

JFWY I kinda like it.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Tribe Shaman

whats under the hood.
24, 36, or the 48 volt motor.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good. They have some nice ones around here.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Foxworthy voice.....You know you might be a red neck when......

JFWY I kinda like it.
haha, yea I know what you mean. I'm sure some people looked at me and were totally disgusted

Originally Posted by nightrunner
thats fuggin awesome! just dont graft on a escalade or navigator front clip on it :eyes2:

i think a flat black or gloss black will look best. if you are going to do full custom paint, i think you should get some chrome wheels for it then
I'm leaning towards a brighter color to keep the surfaces a little cooler during the summer since it's only used at the beach house in Galveston. I went with the black powdercoated wheels because they were cheaper and in stock. The paint job also has to be approved by my mom who ultimately wanted all this crap done to the golf cart. She wants some margarita green color, but unless it's got some badass flames I don't want a lime green puss-wagon haha.

Originally Posted by PappyDan
whats under the hood.
24, 36, or the 48 volt motor.
It's the 48 volt with high torque motor
The new tires have 50% more circumference so it goes even faster now.

It's a bit screwy wiring the lights, and since they're only 20 bux from harbor freight I'm not going to buy the fancy 16v to 12v adapter. The lights are 100w 8" and should be fine for the street at night. It's a H3 bulb, so maybe later in the summer it'll get some HID's

I kinda wanted to do 4 small chrome KC's across the front bar, but the last lights we had on it rusted to the support so I had to grind them off, fill it, primer, and paint. I'll finish the lights tomorrow morning and post the pictures. I really want to put the HID's in it for the beach, all I need is 2 bulbs.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:41 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK not that I would do this, well maybe, ok yeah I would, cruise the beach will drinking a cold one and get a DUI? What kinda laws are enforced while using an electric cart? Hell golfers do it all the time.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, technically if you're on a public road and you get stopped while operating any motor vehicle (bike, golf cart, car, lawn mower, etc.) you can get a DWI or a DUI. If you're on a private beach/road then as far as I have been told you can't get one. I know that on the beach all they can do is tell you to be careful or to let your buddy drive etc. The police down here don't really patrol the beach other than San Luis Pass. It's a short trip from the house to the beach, and we have to cross the only highway there. We just make sure we aren't too trashed
Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Mr. Obvious

Originally Posted by jakebdb56
Well, technically if you're on a public road and you get stopped while operating any motor vehicle (bike, golf cart, car, lawn mower, etc.) you can get a DWI or a DUI. If you're on a private beach/road then as far as I have been told you can't get one. I know that on the beach all they can do is tell you to be careful or to let your buddy drive etc. The police down here don't really patrol the beach other than San Luis Pass. It's a short trip from the house to the beach, and we have to cross the only highway there. We just make sure we aren't too trashed
i think i do remember a vid of a guy gettin a DUI while driving his lawnmower...

Quick Reply: Lifted Golf Cart