Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

The little blue goose needs our votes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cuerva
RandomHero, TouchofEvil04, Laynlow77, YOU CAN KISS MY ***.....
LOL, you won't offend me one bit chief.

Here's the problem. It has become a race issue. I read up on that RGV forum every once in a while and you guys are more racist than we(we being people NOT from the RGV) are. Yet if I make one comment joking about "La so and so" I've just become a toothless redneck out to kill every Mexican I can find. I'll tell you right now that it is not a race battle in any way from my standpoint. I could care less if you are white, brown, black, or green, but the majority of the RGV guys are simply put: jackasses.

I don't want to see one of the RGV guys win because there have been so many people from the RGV that migrated to this site and have began to spoil it. They are the same people who get upset when someone questions their time slips, or gets offended when someone makes a joking comment about their username.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few guys on here who are very reserved and respectful, but the majority are just here to cause trouble every chance they can get.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:47 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
LOL, you won't offend me one bit chief.

Here's the problem. It has become a race issue. I read up on that RGV forum every once in a while and you guys are more racist than we(we being people NOT from the RGV) are. Yet if I make one comment joking about "La so and so" I've just become a toothless redneck out to kill every Mexican I can find. I'll tell you right now that it is not a race battle in any way from my standpoint. I could care less if you are white, brown, black, or green, but the majority of the RGV guys are simply put: jackasses.

I don't want to see one of the RGV guys win because there have been so many people from the RGV that migrated to this site and have began to spoil it. They are the same people who get upset when someone questions their time slips, or gets offended when someone makes a joking comment about their username.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few guys on here who are very reserved and respectful, but the majority are just here to cause trouble every chance they can get.
Yet, your comments are always directed towards all the RGV guys.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cuerva
Yet, your comments are always directed towards all the RGV guys.
Read that thread on gmfullsize again. I said that exact same thing in there. Hell I'll even quote myself
Originally Posted by RandomHero
It's a shame because for every 9 d**che ba*s on the site from the RGV, there is one good guy and those 9 ruin it for that one.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:02 AM
11 Second Truck Club

I did read it and you forgot the ****** part. Maybe one day you'll mature and realize you just shouldn't make those kind of comments, in general.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

i hate to see racist comments on this site especially,

ok so if 9 out of 10 ruin it, why the hate against that one? I can see SOME of what you are saying randomhero, but in this case Cuerva is not one of those, he is one of the most trusted guys that I have met fromt he RGV and that has never bullshited about his times or mods or etc....

and if it comes down to who start a thread somewhere, if I remember right this thread here was started way before anyone ever posted something on any other website, to to all fairness next time something like this comes down on another website the more fairness way to do it is to post a title like, TOTM vote over on pt.net, with no TOTM nominee's names on it.... that should keep it clean, simple and fair...

like mentioned on another thread, every person that got nominated deserves this not just one or two.... so congrats to all...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LaWhite01
i voted too come on guys we need to get a valley truck to beat those green gos
Gringo (feminine, gringa) is a term in the Spanish and Portuguese languages used in some countries of Latin America to refer to foreigners from different cultures, particularly English-speakers, and especially from the United States, although it can also refer to people from Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries, including in some cases other countries of Latin America itself.[1][2][3]

Some disagreement exists among English speakers regarding whether gringo is a derogatory term. The American Heritage Dictionary and other English dictionaries classify the term as "offensive slang", "usually disparaging" or "often disparaging".[4] The term gringo does lend itself to derogatory, paternalistic or endearing connotations sometimes, depending on the context and the intent of the user.[2][3] However, many native speakers who use it do not do so pejoratively,[2][3] as is also the case with some English speakers.[5][6] The enunciation of the word can often give away whether it was meant in a derogatory manner or not.[1][2][3] There is furthermore some variation in the connotation of this word from country to country within Latin America,[2] and between Latin America and the Anglosphere.

Some guys here bring **** upon themselves. Personally I wasn't offended by the above statement but if i see guys calling friends of mine "racist" from referring to a group of Texas guys with the term LA in front of their username then i must point out the actual facts....

I mean technically speaking your username is used to identify and represent you as would your actual name.
If a group of guys all had the first name it would be proper to acknowledge them by that said name.
It would be different if a term of racist decent was dished upon them, I have only seen one racist comment and that is quoted above.

I dont have anything against you RGV guys, just want a friend of mine to win.
Just like AP would like you to win cuerva . Its no big deal
unfortunately some guys here notice certain traits among other members...
most of the guys that come here with BS separate themselves with a LA in front of their names. Personally I dont get bent out of shape and take anything as a personal attack when it comes to the internet.
In the end 99% of the guys voted for whom they thought had the nicest truck. I could careless who wins as their is no monetary prize etc. Im just having fun with the competition.

Cuerva, hope I have not offended you or ANYONE by my actions. If I have I do apologize to all as it wasn't intentional.

Later,
Derek

Last edited by Derek @ EDO; 03-27-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ap2002
i hate to see racist comments on this site especially,

ok so if 9 out of 10 ruin it, why the hate against that one? I can see SOME of what you are saying randomhero, but in this case Cuerva is not one of those, he is one of the most trusted guys that I have met fromt he RGV and that has never bullshited about his times or mods or etc....

and if it comes down to who start a thread somewhere, if I remember right this thread here was started way before anyone ever posted something on any other website, to to all fairness next time something like this comes down on another website the more fairness way to do it is to post a title like, TOTM vote over on pt.net, with no TOTM nominee's names on it.... that should keep it clean, simple and fair...

like mentioned on another thread, every person that got nominated deserves this not just one or two.... so congrats to all...

x2 on your post AP, Jorge (cuerva) is the guy that will help you out and tow you home if your truck brakes at the track. He has helped me out numerous times at the track.

BTW- jorge has not been a member in the rgvtrucks forum for over 6 months, but appreciate his help and his truck thats why they come vote for him.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

How to put this nicely......

All of you guys have been warned by me, by other moderators, by the forum administrator.....

No more amnesty. 30 days off to anyone who continues acting like a child. That is all.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

I'll even go one step further. You guys want to **** on TOTM, fine. I'm going to review the votes and who cast what in whose direction. Any vote that's been cast by a new join member with 5 or less posts will be excluded. That goes for EVERYONE. I'm tired of you guys ******* this up. There's several people that put a lot of work into that contest and for people to continually **** on it is completely disrespectfull.