Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

M & H Drag radials

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by geo2slow4u
I always liked m&h. Gotta be careful when the roads are wet though. They will hold well on a trak with decent prep.
I drove in the rain this weekend and noticed they don't hold very well when wet. Just have to poke around when wet..just a weekend truck anyway.
Pit
Old 04-14-2008, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CurtD
Looks good pitt...you aren't gonna be street racing are ya
Damn, not against that animal..LOL. It didn't even sound like it was working hard. That was the smoothest 10 second truck I ever heard !!!

I try hard to resist the street thing..Gainesville Raceway when I can make it. Still.... you end up doing a blast somewhere on the street it seems.

Pit
Old 04-14-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tdrumm
Looking good pittman!
Thanks TD..
Pit
Old 04-15-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Those wheels 8" wide? If I put my 18's on the Tahoe, I may get some of those for two of my stock wheels.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigKID
Those wheels 8" wide? If I put my 18's on the Tahoe, I may get some of those for two of my stock wheels.
Hey Big,
had them for months and just put them on. They were either 7.5 or 8..I will check tonight and let you know. They were the same weight as the stock wheel..very light weight.
Pit
Old 04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigKID
BigKid....8" they are !!
Pit
Old 04-17-2008, 06:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just hooks and pulls. Great street tires !! Still have to feather the throttle from a light though...will spin all thru first till the shift.

Isnt this a contridiction? Or is the when the tires have not been properly warmed up, you still have to feather the throttle?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Silver-Dollar
Just hooks and pulls. Great street tires !! Still have to feather the throttle from a light though...will spin all thru first till the shift.

Isnt this a contridiction? Or is the when the tires have not been properly warmed up, you still have to feather the throttle?
No, look at the beginning of the thread. I posted a vid...I was doing 25+ mph and hammered it. No spin anymore from that speed. It was bouncing off the rev limiter it spun so bad before.

The feather bit is cold tires from a red light..they just don't quite bite all the way thru first gear. You have to feather the gas a little to get a bite then hit it.

Pit
Old 04-17-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotcha - just making mental notes on tires, not calling you out or anything. I have trouble in that range myself. When I roll into the throttle aggressively, I start spinng about 3/4 throttle or so. Would be nice not to do that. I do not think it should come at the cost of wet road traction though. Our roads get rather slick when it rains.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Silver-Dollar
Gotcha - just making mental notes on tires, not calling you out or anything. I have trouble in that range myself. When I roll into the throttle aggressively, I start spinng about 3/4 throttle or so. Would be nice not to do that. I do not think it should come at the cost of wet road traction though. Our roads get rather slick when it rains.
I hear ya. By the way...that was full 32+ lbs in the rear tires. I haven't tried to launch with maybe 20 on the street. That may fix it all.
Pit

Quick Reply: M & H Drag radials