Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Mississippi event, Car show/track/Usaci SPL

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mississippi event, Car show/track/Usaci SPL

This is an event put on by a car club that I am friends with, this is growing into a pretty decent show. Car show, Usaci SPL 2x event, and this year it will be at Hub City Dragway, which should make it more interesting. This event is in Hattiesburg, Ms for those of you local and may be interested in going, portion of proceeds go to Wounded Warrior Project.
Attached Thumbnails Mississippi event, Car show/track/Usaci SPL-final.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be down for this, I am roughly 60 miles away.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

I know of about half a dozen guys that should be coming up from the coast to it, most of them are audio guys and one of them is Greg Miller - the guy who runs STC, but that's because he is the Usaci Judge. We always have a pretty good time and this year it will be at the drag strip so it should be a lot better. Hope you can make it, its less than a mile off of I-59.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

I got a buddy of mine that is real big into audio stuff. He is second in the nation in the street beat class? I am gonna run it by him as well he may go too.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by david8399
I got a buddy of mine that is real big into audio stuff. He is second in the nation in the street beat class? I am gonna run it by him as well he may go too.
Guessing that you are talking about J.D. Merkle or Bret Acreneaux?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:23 AM
TECH Resident

Not really into the audio thing but would like to come back a few passes in the SS and come hang out!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 05RST2NV
Not really into the audio thing but would like to come back a few passes in the SS and come hang out!
That would be great, would like to check out your truck, seen you post a few times and noticed you were local.

I lean toward the audio stuff because i have been competing in comps over the last 10 years and i'm an electronics guy, but i won't be competing in my truck this year, pulled all my stuff and put it in my buddies s10, will be running it instead. I have been experimenting with the performance side of vehicles again and wanting to make my truck decent on the streets, so i will be there doing some testing and playing around with my truck.

Overall its a pretty fun show and is growing larger each year.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Twentyhurtz
That would be great, would like to check out your truck, seen you post a few times and noticed you were local.

I lean toward the audio stuff because i have been competing in comps over the last 10 years and i'm an electronics guy, but i won't be competing in my truck this year, pulled all my stuff and put it in my buddies s10, will be running it instead. I have been experimenting with the performance side of vehicles again and wanting to make my truck decent on the streets, so i will be there doing some testing and playing around with my truck.

Overall its a pretty fun show and is growing larger each year.
Im a Chief Electronics Tech for Transocean so u figure i would be all about the audio stuff but i just never have, ive always been more about going fast. I do keep a little system in my trucks just enough to sound good like a couple 10s or 12s but thats about it. Im more worried if my bottle is full than weather or not my subs are hitting! Lol!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 05RST2NV
Im a Chief Electronics Tech for Transocean so u figure i would be all about the audio stuff but i just never have, ive always been more about going fast. I do keep a little system in my trucks just enough to sound good like a couple 10s or 12s but thats about it. Im more worried if my bottle is full than weather or not my subs are hitting! Lol!
Nice, i'm an electronics tech also but I work in the medical engineering field. At USM right now getting my bachelors in Electronics Eng Technology.

Which vehicle would you bring if you came? Been trying to check out a few vehicles since i'm new to performance trucks. Was a guy out here at the track recently with a LQ4 swapped rcsb running 12's but thats about the only one i have seen in person yet. All i have done to my truck so far is a BB tune, modding one thing at a time and running the truck to compare how the truck responds to weight reduction, etc.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

I'll be in the TBSS. I just bought it last time i was home and its so much more fun to drive than my truck. And i want to get some slips on it from all the new mods.

Quick Reply: Mississippi event, Car show/track/Usaci SPL