17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

you ever get yours figured out smartass ahhhaaahahaa
Old 12-26-2007 | 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

What bastards!!!
Old 12-26-2007 | 08:52 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by Spoolin
HAHA, I'm bring the video camera!! I wanna see you chance Beau and Stewart around with a DS!
This beggs the question; Will I run? (Cuz thats a sure thing. Im a fast little ****) OR Will you wait to see which gets swung faster and actually makes contact, the louisville slugger or the oversized driveshaft? Whose knees are going out first. JFWY
Old 12-26-2007 | 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
they probably thought the same thing about you using Windows VISTA on your LapTop!!!!!.. . . . .
I got Vista and HPT to work on a friend of mine's laptop.

I've used Midway Drive Shaft before . . . they're in Dickinson. Old guy there does great work, and has a high speed balancer.
Old 12-26-2007 | 09:21 PM
v8

hpt works on my vista it just wont let me control it hahaha says I don't have permission to access the folders, and yes I have everything set to full comand in secuity.
Old 12-26-2007 | 09:39 PM
Tribe Shaman

well back up your folders, format hd and load xp.

if it was me and pissed, i would have a new drive shaft made.
take their drive shaft back for a full refund.
if asked why.
shitty craftsmanship, poor quilty, out of balance, not worth the price i paid
to call me a dumbass for buying your pos product.
Old 12-26-2007 | 09:56 PM
v8

Originally Posted by PappyDan
well back up your folders, format hd and load xp.

if it was me and pissed, i would have a new drive shaft made.
take their drive shaft back for a full refund.
if asked why.
shitty craftsmanship, poor quilty, out of balance, not worth the price i paid
to call me a dumbass for buying your pos product.
wish I could on the driveshaft, all I can do is warn everyone else about them, randys is a nice place to go, very helpfull people there, they let me borrow there creaper and tools to take the driveshaft out.
Old 12-27-2007 | 08:09 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Originally Posted by v8
wish I could on the driveshaft, all I can do is warn everyone else about them, randys is a nice place to go, very helpfull people there, they let me borrow there creaper and tools to take the driveshaft out.
Damn, Kev. That sucks. If it makes you feel better, I had issues with my truck's shaft. Driveline of Baton Rouge built the original. You remember my first blown trans thread? Yup, shaft bent up at 95mph. The owner of Driveline of Baton Rouge (Ed is his name) cussed and fussed saying that wasn't the cause. I said, "Bullshit! Nothing else is wrong. That **** f***** up my trans". He built a new one, and even that POS was still vibrating. I said screw it after I called that dipshit back to tell him what was up. He starting telling me my tires had flat spots (my truck sits on FOUR jackstands), my wheels and tires weren't balanced (four new tires balanced to perfection), and my suspension was the problem (I don't have any suspension mods... all OEM... 21 years with no vibration... WTF). I told him to kiss my ***!

Recently went to Margot's (less than 3 miles away). "Big Jim" said they always get customers from Driveline b/c of the poor workmanship. Here's the convo b/t me and Jim on yesterday:

Jim says, "Man, that thing got some run-out!"
I said, "I told ya".
Jim asks, "Has it done that since day one?"
I reply, "yup, that azzhole at Driveline told me that should hold up to 8000rpm, and well over 100mph, up to 400hp. Can you fab me a shaft that'll hold up to 400rwhp, 7000rpm, and 150mph?"
Jim responds, "Well, I can get ya right, but it'll cost ya $200 for me to do it."
My reply, "Make it happen!"

At 4pm, I had a shiny new, re-tubed driveshaft. AND... it was only $168. Jim even showed me the shaft on the machine spinning at a machine rpm equivalent to ~95mph. That thing spun so perfect I had a smile from ear-to-ear. I didn't feel bad about the price b/c the original was supposed to be $390... but it just goes to show you that you shouldn't be a dick to customers. I said "supposed" to be $390, but Ed (the ******* owner of Driveline of Baton Rouge) forgot a digit when he keyed the price in the credit card machine.

I may have gotten a bumb driveshaft, but he got what he deserved. On top of that, they'll get bashed by me forever.

Now... I gotta go test drive the truck to see if the re-tubed shaft from Margot's holds up better than the other fart's attempt. Update to follow!
Old 12-27-2007 | 09:11 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by 1BADC10
Damn, Kev. That sucks. If it makes you feel better, I had issues with my truck's shaft. Driveline of Baton Rouge built the original. You remember my first blown trans thread? Yup, shaft bent up at 95mph. The owner of Driveline of Baton Rouge (Ed is his name) cussed and fussed saying that wasn't the cause. I said, "Bullshit! Nothing else is wrong. That **** f***** up my trans". He built a new one, and even that POS was still vibrating. I said screw it after I called that dipshit back to tell him what was up. He starting telling me my tires had flat spots (my truck sits on FOUR jackstands), my wheels and tires weren't balanced (four new tires balanced to perfection), and my suspension was the problem (I don't have any suspension mods... all OEM... 21 years with no vibration... WTF). I told him to kiss my ***!

Recently went to Margot's (less than 3 miles away). "Big Jim" said they always get customers from Driveline b/c of the poor workmanship. Here's the convo b/t me and Jim on yesterday:

Jim says, "Man, that thing got some run-out!"
I said, "I told ya".
Jim asks, "Has it done that since day one?"
I reply, "yup, that azzhole at Driveline told me that should hold up to 8000rpm, and well over 100mph, up to 400hp. Can you fab me a shaft that'll hold up to 400rwhp, 7000rpm, and 150mph?"
Jim responds, "Well, I can get ya right, but it'll cost ya $200 for me to do it."
My reply, "Make it happen!"

At 4pm, I had a shiny new, re-tubed driveshaft. AND... it was only $168. Jim even showed me the shaft on the machine spinning at a machine rpm equivalent to ~95mph. That thing spun so perfect I had a smile from ear-to-ear. I didn't feel bad about the price b/c the original was supposed to be $390... but it just goes to show you that you shouldn't be a dick to customers. I said "supposed" to be $390, but Ed (the ******* owner of Driveline of Baton Rouge) forgot a digit when he keyed the price in the credit card machine.

I may have gotten a bumb driveshaft, but he got what he deserved. On top of that, they'll get bashed by me forever.

Now... I gotta go test drive the truck to see if the re-tubed shaft from Margot's holds up better than the other fart's attempt. Update to follow!
Sounds like you got a good DS shaft in the end and the original shop got screwed...wish it happened like that more often!

Question!
When the spin a DS on a machine like you mentioned...is that done on like massive lathe? And can this machine induce a load on one end and an opposite load on the other? Similar to real world conditions for a DS?
I just figure having one spin smooth and without wobble without and forces acting on it doesn't mean it's gonna do that once you got it in the truck. Never seen one of these machines so I'm curious!
Thanks
Old 12-27-2007 | 09:49 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

The only high speed balancer I have seen did just that... it had some sort of a brake on the back end and spun it with the force from the trans end... it does look like a big lathe. that baby humms... he had one about 10K RPM the day I was there, it was supposed to be for a sprint car or something.

Quick Reply: The Rant Thread