Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Results of Sunday's Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quicksilverado, what kind of BOV do you have and how much PSI are u running.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBadBoy
quicksilverado, what kind of BOV do you have and how much PSI are u running.
No bov its a Tial wastegate. It was turned down to 9 psi and detuned for a while. I just got the I/C on friday night. I turned the boost back up to 12 psi. We were trying to get afr correct and then start adding timing, but never did make a full pass or get the tuning finished for that matter. What are your mods and when are you gonna run the truck again?
Old 03-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

well that wastegate sounds sweet. i plan on adding a turbo and i want a BOV that sounds like that. but i might just have to get a Tial wastegate. or is that the same one that comes on the STS systems?? next time i run my truck is when i get my traction bars back from bein lengthened. got my slicks and everythin ready. right now my only mods are CAI, LT headers, Exhaust cut-outs, superchips programmer, 4.56 gears with detroit locker, Edge Racing 3K stall, shorty wires and only a 150 shot. already planning my 2nd stage. other mods on my list are: tranny shift kit, electric fan, Cam, manley springs, pushrods, titanium retainers, SMT-6 piggyback and a few things here and there. should run high 12's once i get out to the track. once we can get out PCM and torque management stuff worked out my times should take a steep drop.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBadBoy
well that wastegate sounds sweet. i plan on adding a turbo and i want a BOV that sounds like that. but i might just have to get a Tial wastegate. or is that the same one that comes on the STS systems?? next time i run my truck is when i get my traction bars back from bein lengthened. got my slicks and everythin ready. right now my only mods are CAI, LT headers, Exhaust cut-outs, superchips programmer, 4.56 gears with detroit locker, Edge Racing 3K stall, shorty wires and only a 150 shot. already planning my 2nd stage. other mods on my list are: tranny shift kit, electric fan, Cam, manley springs, pushrods, titanium retainers, SMT-6 piggyback and a few things here and there. should run high 12's once i get out to the track. once we can get out PCM and torque management stuff worked out my times should take a steep drop.
Its the one that comes with the STS kit. I was reading your mods and thinking things were not adding up until I saw the 150 shot. That explains alot. Good luck at the track. I think you should be well into the 12s.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

yea the 150 shot ties everything together. i do have abt 5500 to move across that finish line. i wish my truck weighted more like 4700. that would be even sweeter. can't wait to see your times once you get dialed in.