Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U are right Daniel.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree the prep wasnt very good last year but that track was completly stripped monday from what i was told. when you do that it takes a while
to get it right again
i did notice that some of henneseyd cars wernt having as much trouble with traction. maybe yall need to get back in the shop
not trying to start a war but give it time john has spent alot of money out there already and has plans to pave the pits and do alot more out there
but if everybody boycotts the track it wont get any better do to lack of participation
i enjoy being on this site but have to stand up for my local people
Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by v8
Should of come to HRP made three runs in 1-1/2 hours and went home by 8:30pm, for some reason it was dead last night.
lol... damn kevin you dont got to throw that in their face!! lol.. looks like hrp was empty last night, those are some good days to go for sure...

all right guys, start setting up track dates but to go to HRP from now on!!

and sorry to hear about happened to yall, it must really suck to run in a track that is unprepped.... not to mention scary as hell going down the track @ 100+mph with that slick *** track...
Old 02-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn it is never like that when I go,oh well it is HRP and HMP for me from now on
Old 02-03-2008, 10:52 AM
LS ADDICT/BUILDER

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i know more racer in katy that say they never go race at sealy any more.
03-327Silverado will take care of the truck ,charlie is really a honest guy and a good friend. some other poeple would try to back out and leave you with the problem.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by montecarloss
i know more racer in katy that say they never go race at sealy any more.
03-327Silverado will take care of the truck ,charlie is really a honest guy and a good friend. some other poeple would try to back out and leave you with the problem.
Yeah i know he will!!! Thanks man
Old 02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by lownslow
i agree the prep wasnt very good last year but that track was completly stripped monday from what i was told. when you do that it takes a while
to get it right again
i did notice that some of henneseyd cars wernt having as much trouble with traction. maybe yall need to get back in the shop
not trying to start a war but give it time john has spent alot of money out there already and has plans to pave the pits and do alot more out there
but if everybody boycotts the track it wont get any better do to lack of participation
i enjoy being on this site but have to stand up for my local people
Ummmmmm. I did a little recon yesterday. The prep wasnt all that good. I walked the track in search of my ujoint strap that left with a vengence and wasnt recovered. I had to leave my truck outside the gate and come fix it on the side of the road last night. (THE SUCK!!!!) The track is cracked, and has what appears to be surface air bubbles or flaking concrete. It looked like the track was on top of a fault system. Seriously. The cracks were easily 1"+ and were striking 45* to the track. Im not a very fast running truck but you put a pro mod car running ***** out......yeah thatll cause tires to slip just a little bit. The air bubbles/flakes are about the size of dimes to coke can size diameters. Is it just me or is the amount of surface area that your tires make contact with the track a factor in traction? I thought so.

Walk off of the first 1/8th (concrete), your shoes STOP sticking. (And we were wondering why Charlie slid damn near perpendicular to the track? ) Its asphalt after the 1/8th all the way into the shutdown area. I dont think the asphalt holds VHT well enough. I think its too porous. I could be talking out of my *** here but thats the way it appeared. It didnt bite back when walking on it like the 1/8th mile did.

Lets talk about the starting line.....Did you see anybody out there with a torch after 3-4 cars? I didnt. I walked smooth by the huge propane container and the torch. I asked my buddy I was with, "Ruddfucker, did you see anybody running a torch out here last night at all?" He said no. THats because THE TORCH WASNT USED. For **** sake it was 40* out there with a headwind! Local people? HUH? John Hennessey has more money than God and he isnt the nicest of fellas to boot. That was third and final time at that track. If they arent going to prep the **** out of it, then its a saftey hazzard and I may as well be launching my truck backwards out of the waterbox. Ill make the drive out to Baytown where they actually care about the track making good traction.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you take pictures of the track faults, thats some interesting info to put on other forums where i am being flamed for not knowing what i am talking about
Old 02-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by ZZebes
Did you take pictures of the track faults, thats some interesting info to put on other forums where i am being flamed for not knowing what i am talking about
No. I was more worried about finding that strap that i didnt find. I was also worried about trespassing. Oh and when i say fault, its used very loosely. The cracks are more likely to be caused by imperfections in the concrete. Any Civil Engineers in da house that can expound on this?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Beau...did I understand you right? You had more driveshaft problems out there....again?

Quick Reply: Sealy (Lonestar Raceway) Feb 1