Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Sealy (Lonestar Raceway) Feb 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Colby 04
Beau...did I understand you right? You had more driveshaft problems out there....again?
Yeah it blew up again
Old 02-03-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like ya'll had one heck of a night.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a horrible night and the last,I will drive the extra miles to go to baytown.Damn sealy
I used to love sealy when Mike at cold Fusion owned it,but now it has gone to sh*t now that john has it
Old 02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that really sucks for Beau and Luke....(hahaha "The Duke brothers")!!! What kind of trouble will they get into now, LOL. J/K, hope your trucks get fixed. Kinda glad I didn't go, besides I think my tranny is starting to slip........214k miles. Got to baby it until I get the $ saved up.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by Colby 04
Beau...did I understand you right? You had more driveshaft problems out there....again?
Affirmative.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Smile Track Prep Feb 1st

Hey Guys:

To bad you were not at LoneStar last Night(Feb. 8th). The track was hooking up like Glue. Matter of fact we had some say it was hooking up to Good. A couple twisted there drive shafts but said it wasn't us that the track was great. We had cars running just under 200 mph last night with no problem. Like someone was saying earlier. We had just Scarped the Track that day and washed it down. It was cold and the track had no heat(I take the blame for the torch not being used.) and I agree is was slick. Even after spraying it twice and dragging it. Should i have called the racing off? maybe. This past week we have had some extremely fast cars running the track and have put down some good rubber. Johns cars are running on street tires and he's not having the problem so i'm not sure what to tell you guys. We had alot more sun on the track yesterday which warmed the track.

On the Safety you were covered with fire equipment and EMS. I know that because i am the Starter/Track Rescue. We did have an ambulance and EMS on site like we always do. We also have four wheelers set up to respond for something minor like what happen with the drive shaft. The tower is watching
from up there on what's happing on the track and off. We also have police each night. Becuase of Insurance liability we don't allow vehicles to be left inside our grounds. We were not rude about it. We are making changes and upgrading not only the track but facilities this year and hope to complete the 2+ mile road course by the middle of the year. Things were messed up in the past but we are working to make this a Great track for all.

If you have any questions are concerns please let us know. That's the only way we can improve. Again, We hope to see ya soon.

Thanks,

Jerry H.
FF/EMT
Starter/Track Rescue
jhaack@alfgulfcoast.com
Old 02-10-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

good explanation, but I think alot of people are real disapointed as mentioned, and I dont blame them, it cost some people alot of $ that day, due to a not prepped track, I myself would never go back... who's to say it wont happen again with poor decisions like those?

good luck though...
Old 02-10-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ap2002
good explanation, but I think alot of people are real disapointed as mentioned, and I dont blame them, it cost some people alot of $ that day, due to a not prepped track, I myself would never go back... who's to say it wont happen again with poor decisions like those?

good luck though...
Agreed
Old 02-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lownslow
i agree the prep wasnt very good last year but that track was completly stripped monday from what i was told. when you do that it takes a while
to get it right again
i did notice that some of henneseyd cars wernt having as much trouble with traction. maybe yall need to get back in the shop
not trying to start a war but give it time john has spent alot of money out there already and has plans to pave the pits and do alot more out there
but if everybody boycotts the track it wont get any better do to lack of participation
i enjoy being on this site but have to stand up for my local people
Well when the owner is a jackass then the track isnt so great its an easy decision not to go back
Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
No. I was more worried about finding that strap that i didnt find. I was also worried about trespassing. Oh and when i say fault, its used very loosely. The cracks are more likely to be caused by imperfections in the concrete. Any Civil Engineers in da house that can expound on this?
Cracks in concrete pacing are mainly caused by three things(Im a construction materials inspector )
1. Poorly conditioned subgrade(natural soils) and paving base, basically they didnt compact and condition the soils correctly so they can support a structure
2. Construction joints in the concrete are spaced too far apart, in a track situation the construction joint will be length wise down the track but since it is a slab like that the construction joint needs to be very wide(in this case something in the 1.5" range IMO)
3. The saw cuts werent deep enough/enough made, these cuts are about an 1/8th of an inch wide and usually about 4" deep they release some of the pressure from the contracting/expending of the concrete with temp changes. They can easily be filled in with tar then track prep done on top of it.

If I had to bet, from the description you gave Beau, the soils under the track werent prepped right. If thats the case nothing can be done for the track it will jsut get worse as it rains more and more, it will need to be ripped up and started over. Asphalt, is a great product for normal streets but basically all asphalt is, is limestone fines with 3/8ths or small limestone aggregate, with a tar mixture, the problem with it is that the aggregates when rolled in still have a coarse texture to them, even if the actual surface looks smooth. Over time the fines in between the aggregate will be worked out of the coarse aggregate. This it will start to crack. Thats part of why you see alot of potholes in asphalt paving, along with retards not prepping the paving base right.

And thats your lesson in concrete and asphalt for the day.

Quick Reply: Sealy (Lonestar Raceway) Feb 1