Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Sealy (Lonestar Raceway) Feb 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do not have any affilliation with the track other than being a long time participant.
if you are scared call the police, if you are cold go home.
as far as my knowledge of construction it is what i used to do for a living.(subgrade prep that is)
who the hell am i....nobody just a guy who has in the past made many 11 sec. passes in my car @120 mph. on street tires
a few 14 sec passes in my prior truck (f-250 diesel)
and one very promising 16 sec pass in my 07 chev. got my base line and only up from there.....that is who i am
as far as how to get your vehicle home you didnt ask the right guy
i have gone home to get a trailer and come back to help people get home
that is who i am
i have gone to baytown to pick up a friend that broke...that is who i am
i agreed that the track was not preped right on the 1st but you werent there
the following friday when the weather was good and the track was preped
i have been down that track before and lost traction half track, i have spun from the line past 90ft due to bad prep
i am just saying you are bitching to much for that being the first day back open

as far as oinly having "one OFFICIAL"post i have been involved with ls1 tech for a few years and been around race cars my whole life i dont see why that has anything to do with my opinion on this matter
thank you for reading this if you want to know more about me i will be at sealy just about every friday night
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by lownslow
i do not have any affilliation with the track other than being a long time participant.
as far as my knowledge of construction it is what i used to do for a living.(subgrade prep that is)
who the hell am i....nobody just a guy who has in the past made many 11 sec. passes in my car @120 mph. on street tires
and one very promising 16 sec pass in my 07 chev. got my base line and only up from there.....that is who i am
that is who i am
i have been down that track before and lost traction half track, i have spun from the line past 90ft due to bad prep
i am just saying you are bitching to much for that being the first day back open

as far as oinly having "one OFFICIAL"post i have been involved with ls1 tech for a few years and been around race cars my whole life i dont see why that has anything to do with my opinion on this matter
thank you for reading this if you want to know more about me i will be at sealy just about every friday night
Ummmm, I didnt ask what kind of guy you were. As for the trailer, I fixed my truck in twenty minutes and DROVE it home. Like said above, this wasnt my first trip to that track. I have been several times before. The prep always sucked every time I went and now after seeing what kind of surface the track has, its a lost cause to try to get me back there. Nobody was bitching about the cold weather as that is an uncontrollable factor. The bitching was about the track NOT being heated/torched between runs, little vht on the track and a shitty surface.

Not to be a dick but even if you do have experience with racecars and if you have been around LS1tech.com for a while, you should know that its not a very healthy track. As for a loss of traction, like Stewart said, it was a 13.9 second truck that slid sideways between halftrack and the 1000ft mark. Your efforts to sway and badmouth hold no water with us or our plight. If you were an "active" member, you probably still wouldnt have a leg to stand on because we have several members that have also had issues at that track. But not being an active member simply adds fuel to the fire. But hell what do I know? Im just some snot nosed college kid that races a truck for fun.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well a 16 secnd truck is not gonna have traction problems,so this does not apply to you
Old 02-11-2008, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lownslow
that is who i am

The problems you speak of have occurred over the past year or two..
not just that one night...
If you kept having traction problems at the track, and wrecking your car/truck because of poor track prep, would you keep going back because they said it hooked for once?

Let me restate the facts.. no one is complaining about the launching area...
It's down the track that is the problem, or was for me..
Hell at least out at B-town, you see them actually work the track.
I don't care if they offered $50 at the gate to show up.. I WON'T be back out there.
And I don't care how long you have been on Tech, diesel world, Ibitchcauseyoubitch.com, the point is these guys have had problems, major ones at that, and you tell them they are pussies, for whining about the lack of track prep..
Dude you need to look at what your typing...

I would be saying the same thing if B-town did the same with their track..
and on a side note, that is also the reason I stopped going to HMP... for lack of track prep...
that place is even worse than Lone Star

Old 02-11-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Man I'm sorry to hear about your trucks, sounds like a fun night gone bad due to an irresponsible track owner. I can't believe he made Beau take his truck outside the gate, that really shows that this John guy is true *** wipe. Good luck with the trucks getting fixed. This really does show how Charlie is a stand-up guy, even when the accident was due to a shitty track.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeanZ71
Man I'm sorry to hear about your trucks, sounds like a fun night gone bad due to an irresponsible track owner. I can't believe he made Beau take his truck outside the gate, that really shows that this John guy is true *** wipe. Good luck with the trucks getting fixed. This really does show how Charlie is a stand-up guy, even when the accident was due to a shitty track.
Thats right should be fixed this week

Thank you Charlie for fixing my truck!! And being there for me to help me out with my tune and everything!! Best damn service you can get anywhere.

As for the track... one bad experience is good enough for me... especially one as bad as this. Never had problems like this at Baytown... hell Sealy is a longer drive!! That was my first time there lol...
Old 02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Guys:

Again thanks for coming out to LSMP. I can't make you come back and know you will not but understand we are working to make the place better but it doesnt happen over night. Just keep watching and see what happens this year and next. I'll leave it at that and say hope to see you in the future.

Thanks,

Jerry H.
FF/EMT
Lonestar Motorsport Park
Starter/Track Rescue

Race Hard/ Have Fun/ Go Home Safe
Old 02-11-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

my business can be won back. back in the day i swore to not go back to HMP because of traction issues...they fixed that problem and the word spread out. i stop by there every once in a while. i like the 1/4 though. HRP staging lane issues are pushing me away now. im glad to see yall are making a real effort to get the track up and hookin.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
HRP staging lane issues are pushing me away now.
Whatever could you be talking about?

I remember back in the day(4ish years ago) we could go out there at 6pm and get 6-8 passes in before they closed now what is everyone getting 2 MAYBE 3 if you dont get tired of sitting in the staging lanes? I would love to go out there and see what my truck will do but something about sitting in my truck for 2 hours to make a pass just doesnt sound like fun.