Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Those of y'all that don't wear your seatbelt...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 02:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Those of y'all that don't wear your seatbelt...

I don't know how many people here don't wear your belt, but if you have family or friends that you care about, please wear it, and ask them to do the same. On July 28th, my brother was in a fatal car accident. He left his house going to get his haircut, and hydroplaned on a wet road, and flipped off a bank. If he had been wearing his seatbelt, more than likely would have escaped with cuts and bruises... Just like that, 33 years old, gone. Tuesday would have been his birthday, and that got me thinking, that maybe if I posted something up here, maybe someone would listen and take my advice. So, anyone with people you care for, spend too much time with them, take too many pictures, because someday you may wind up like me, with only memories, and pictures of the busted-*** car as reminders of what once was... Sorry for the long post.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Truck Sponsor

Very soory man,do not know what to say really.I put my seatbelt onbefore i ever drive off though,I do not feel right without it.Ic an not drive without it on.
If I had not had my seatbelt on back in 99 when I had my wreck I would probably been gone,I should have ben eiother wya but I got very lucky,ever since then I never drive ANYWHERE without it on.I guess it was a wakeup for me,who knows
Sorry to hear that though buddy
Old 12-21-2006, 03:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been trying to wear mine from now on, i just went to court today to pay a ticket for that, but it was in my beater and i had to fix the seat belt buckle so it works now. although i ahve had about 3 in the past few years. i always wear it in my SS but im making it a habit to wear it always. when i was younger it was always a habit and i guess i got lazy . but im trying to remind myself.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Very soory man,do not know what to say really.I put my seatbelt onbefore i ever drive off though,I do not feel right without it.Ic an not drive without it on.
If I had not had my seatbelt on back in 99 when I had my wreck I would probably been gone,I should have ben eiother wya but I got very lucky,ever since then I never drive ANYWHERE without it on.I guess it was a wakeup for me,who knows
Sorry to hear that though buddy
Hey man, there isn't really anything you can say, just have to deal with it. I'm just hoping that maybe someone will read this and start wearing theirs, and maybe save someone from going through this...
Old 12-21-2006, 06:43 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

I am a living witness that they save lives...

... I love air bags too!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:15 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, after spending 2 months in the hospital and being partially paralized for another year, I rarely forget to wear mine.

My sympathies to you and your familly. Thank you.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

My condolenses to you!

I feel naked if I dont wear my seatbelt and I wear all the time. I been in one pretty bad accident, nothing major, but that belt does work wonders.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

I am very sorry for your loss, my condolances to you and your family. My family will keep you and your family in our Prayer's.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ColtSteele
I am very sorry for your loss, my condolances to you and your family. My family will keep you and your family in our Prayer's.
Thanks to all of you, it has been a long, hard road, but with God's help,we are on the upside... Here is a pic of his car, it looks really bad, but there was still about 6 inches from the seat to the roof...

Old 12-22-2006, 02:51 AM
TECH Veteran

I know it must be extremely difficult for you. Thank you for sharing your loss with us in the hopes someone gets something out of it. I never drive without my seatbelt. It gets buckled before I even turn the key in the ignition.

Quick Reply: Those of y'all that don't wear your seatbelt...