Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Truck stolen, $500 reward..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can almost prominse you that truck was stripped down within 2 days of it being stolen. sadly chevy truvcks are the 2nd most stolen vehicles. we all know how popular they are. the parts alot are worth major money. then you had the 6.0 in there. who ever took it knew what they were doing. the same night i brought my truck home brand new. my neighbors truck was stolen . an 04 crewcab just like mine but red. they found a few days later.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So your homeowners ins is going to cover the aftermarket parts and gieco is going to cover the truck?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
Speeders?
Yeah, not like police officers have to respond to sexual assaults, armed robberies, homicides, and various other violent crimes.

KB - Sorry to hear about your truck! My truck being stolen is one of my biggest fears. I hope everything works out. Hopefully the ******** that stole will be caught and put in prison for a very long time.

-Frito "Police Recruit" Bandito
Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Colby 04
damn KB...sorry to hear that!

How do you even steal a new truck with the ignition security?
i could start it
its just a matter of getting the steering wheel loose but the clip that holds it will break with enough force u could use a ball bat and wedge it in there for leverage and also have something to beat the owner when they came to kick your ***

or he could have scouted it out and got the vin and had a key made at the dealership i know they require proof of ownership but sometimes people like me look trustworthy and have good excuses

so check the local dealership there files will show if some1 has done this and they will have a signature on the receipt usually
Old 02-19-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

i bet its gone by now, but at least it sounds like things are going to be ok for you.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexCrew
i can almost prominse you that truck was stripped down within 2 days of it being stolen. sadly chevy truvcks are the 2nd most stolen vehicles. we all know how popular they are. the parts alot are worth major money. then you had the 6.0 in there. who ever took it knew what they were doing. the same night i brought my truck home brand new. my neighbors truck was stolen . an 04 crewcab just like mine but red. they found a few days later.
why do u think wrecked chevy cost so much

because people who have chop shops buy them because the interchange between all the models of chevy trucks

theres a guy here in town that have a warehouse of newer chevy parts and he buys wreck puts the parts on them there fixed in a day

but u would think people would wander why every tahoe he fixes has a chevy truck front end
Old 02-19-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jkwalkercchs
why do u think wrecked chevy cost so much

because people who have chop shops buy them because the interchange between all the models of chevy trucks

theres a guy here in town that have a warehouse of newer chevy parts and he buys wreck puts the parts on them there fixed in a day

but u would think people would wander why every tahoe he fixes has a chevy truck front end

some pretty shady stuff you know
Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

So your pretty much saying you can steal cars, and have gotten a key made for something you didn't own. thats not very cool

Originally Posted by jkwalkercchs
i could start it
its just a matter of getting the steering wheel loose but the clip that holds it will break with enough force u could use a ball bat and wedge it in there for leverage and also have something to beat the owner when they came to kick your ***

or he could have scouted it out and got the vin and had a key made at the dealership i know they require proof of ownership but sometimes people like me look trustworthy and have good excuses

so check the local dealership there files will show if some1 has done this and they will have a signature on the receipt usually
Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, KB!! So sorry to hear about this! Good luck with the ins. co.!

Yogi
Old 02-20-2008, 06:28 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Update, I called MCPD because I need a copy of the police report to fax into my insurance adjuster. Turns out the officer hasn't even turned in the report yet, the lady in their records department said they have 10 business days to turn it in. I have a feeling this is going to be a lengthy process.

Quick Reply: Truck stolen, $500 reward..