Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Tundra guys blow the battle horn

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to say welcome to all the new members posting in the thread.

This site usually consists of primarily GM oriented tech since it is a spawn off of ls1tech.com but all makes and models are welcome to come and stay. We also are primarily civil and 90% of the members have been hotrodding for years and didn't just buy a new truck. We used to have a Lounge where most of the educated trash talking took place but the high and the mighty took that away when they formed seatstaysup.com which is supposed to be our extended lounge that I never go to. Most of the trash talk and rib poking usually lies in the Southern section.
I will point out the obvious though; posts like these don't carry much weight over here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz
It's alright, one day when you grow up, you can afford all the mods to your Tahoe too.

RIDER:
LOL! Nice!

As well as bragging about 32 piece carbon fiber dash kits in your sig.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
They need to get more Tundra guys on here, it makes it interesting
Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Default A Tundra Owner

Here's a tundra guy for you. Say what you will about the tundra MODs as most owners have bought them in the past for what they are, well engineered trucks and its not a "performance" based forum. BUT toyota diffinitely upped the ante with the introduction of the 5.7 and more owners will be tweaking there motors. SO hopefully they will be welcomed, as this is a performance truck. Not blowing any horn...
Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe

Things I would list if I was on the Titan forum:

Bug shield, WINDOW RAIN GUARDS, window tint, 4 hi headlight kit, Sylvania white bulbs, I washed it, battery, floor mats, custom color matched door handles, rearview mirror with compass, clear corner lights, custom “Tahoe” hitch cover, front license plate bracket.

And I am LMAO!!!!

damn me too
Old 03-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me say this. I like the Tundra, I like the Titan as well. I was just talking some back to someone who was talking it to me. No hard feelings

I only post in this forum. A performance based community. Seeing mod lists like "spray in bedliner" just makes me chuckle. I am in the performance mind set, that's all. I don't dislike any truck based on brand. Hell, I even like some of the Hemi trucks. My responses are based on the attitude of the poster, not the truck the person drives. I have given **** to a Chevy guy with the same attitude. A Chevy won't beat everything. Somebody is always faster, stronger, able to tow more etc...that's how the game is played.
So welcome to all the new guys and to Eurohazard......

Last edited by 1SlowHoe; 03-10-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

I hear yuh.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

honestly screw the new tacoma, if u wanna say anything about toyota say that they should have done more with the xrunner(which by the way actually doesnt look half bad).
toyota should not try to mess with the big 3 or Nissan just like Honda shouldnt, its simply going against what they stand for. do u see VW making a truck...NO...WHY? cuz they understand that they cant win.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tjchapin
Here's a tundra guy for you. Say what you will about the tundra MODs as most owners have bought them in the past for what they are, well engineered trucks and its not a "performance" based forum. BUT toyota diffinitely upped the ante with the introduction of the 5.7 and more owners will be tweaking there motors. SO hopefully they will be welcomed, as this is a performance truck. Not blowing any horn...
Welcome to the board, man! The new motor in the Tundra is definately more performance based, and we look forward to having many of you guys join the board. That being said, the southern section is a good group of guys that like to talk bs with each other, and often get on each others nerves. It's always in good fun here in the dirty south.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Welcome to the board, man! The new motor in the Tundra is definately more performance based, and we look forward to having many of you guys join the board. That being said, the southern section is a good group of guys that like to talk bs with each other, and often get on each others nerves. It's always in good fun here in the dirty south.
I am very impressed with your rides, the numbers are awesome! I was a little apprehensive about posting about a "tundra".But you guys are cool, and I was hoping to get some good advice on unleasing the 5.7 as I respect your expertise. I am sure others 5.7 owners will looking to do the same and want good advice. I will let others now it is safe, and hopefully soon we will see some real performance numbers on the 5.7 at the track.As soon as I find the right CAI (that snorkels to my fog light inlet) and cat back exhaust that enhances the power band I will be upgrading. I also have heard there will be a SC available by fall and a potential cam upgrade that will have a dramatic increase (and cost) soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see some running 13's soon, but as serious performance guys, I doubt you will be imtimidated by this.

Cheers,

Tj (not a troll) Chapin
Old 03-10-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I really like the new Tundra! I just hope the new owners don't come over here starting anything, because they'll feel pretty bad after someone points out the Fastest Truck List!

Quick Reply: Tundra guys blow the battle horn