Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

What's the dumbest thing a shop/dealership has ever told you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a good one.Thats probably why I dont mess with them because they think they can always fool you into some b.s.
Originally Posted by VegasJ
Whenever I step foot on a dealer lot I beat the salesmen to the punch...

him - "can I help ya?"

me - "yup, I need 4 of those trucks for my business... I'll pay cash" *as I reach into my pocket*

him - "now you're just b.s.'n me..." *while smirking*

me - "well, I thought I'd go first this time"
Old 09-24-2012, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

When I had my 06 cobalt I wanted the color matched mirror covers so I went in and asked how much for the red mirror covers, he said I would needwhole new mirrors, because on his computer it doesn't show a septate piece, that night I popped off the red ones I wanted from one on the lot and replaced them with my black ones. Probly a thirty second ordeal. And i'm sure they never noticed lol
Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by david8399
This is actually some what true. GM started a program called RIM for us dealers, and for those of the dealers on it they could return anything with out penalty those of them that weren't couldn't. Now GM charges a 35% restocking fee to dealers reguardless.
But you could still return stuff correct? I would have been happy to pay the re stock.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

I got quoted $450 dollars for a window motor install today.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I was tuning a truck this morning for a local shop and the shop owner was telling his friend that methanol injection on his whippled 5.3 made his truck shift better on the 2>3 shift. I didn't even bother saying anything...
Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I was tuning a truck this morning for a local shop and the shop owner was telling his friend that methanol injection on his whippled 5.3 made his truck shift better on the 2>3 shift. I didn't even bother saying anything...
Now Jake, we all know that methanol has a direct affect on transmission fluid and the pressure inside of said transmission.

Last edited by carbongmc; 10-16-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

A while back when I used to work on cars. The dealership would always bring their tires and wheels for us to mount and dismount. They had a lot of Regency trucks that had had chrome WELD wheels and the chrome would always peel and they would have to warranty them.. We did 3-4 a week.. Well one day the parts guy comes in with a new wheel and and old one with the chrome peeling and I said "so your bringing another shitty wheel you gotta warranty?" The guy gets all offensive claiming that they are best wheels out there and ****.. I just stood there shakin my head..
Another time they brought some tires to swap out.. I get all the tires taken off the 16" wheels and go to put the other tires on and as I get one tire on I notice its a 17". So I have him come over there and ask him if he notices anything wrong and he said no. So I told him the **** up and he said "so they'll still mount up, right?" I bout wanted to shove that tire iron up his ***..
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tarinitup
Was told exhuast cut out was very dangerous and would cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
OMFG!!! I'm fuggin dying here. I love this thread
Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sc00by
Then....as if he haddent already dug a big enough hole for his self he continued and told me that the fully synthetic wasn't good for the 4.3l engine anyways because it didn't have enough torque.

hahahahahahaha
Old 10-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brp7282
well a buddy of mine which is a stone cold hillbilly . recently came into a large sum of money. went to the chevy dealer in sweat pants and wife beater, and asked the first salesman he seen '' how much is that z06 right there?'' the salesman said '' you cant afford that. so he walked out went down the street to the other dealer bought one CASH went back the the first one and showed the manager what his salesman said he couldnt afford.. ouch!
Had a similar scenario happen at the dealership I work for, Late 80's early 90's a black gentlemen comes in looking very dirty and just generally disorderly, comes in and is looking at new vettes salesmen says you can't afford that and walks off. The next day same gentleman returns this time well dressed goes to see the owner, turns out he is a bank branch manager at a bank we consistently do business with and had spent the morning before gardening. Needless to say the salesman was looking for a job with in minutes.

Quick Reply: What's the dumbest thing a shop/dealership has ever told you?