Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

*****paging Fuddle*****

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John was hard to get a hold of when I bought mine, it took a day or two and then finally he answered and I got my converter and have had no problems with it yet.

Sorry to hear your not having such good luck. I'm sure its was just like throwing fuel on your fire because its the last thing on your project and then it would've been done, had you had received it.

How did you pay????if paypal can't you report them to paypal...
Old 05-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brobradh77
I never said a pole aboiut which one fails the most....the polls i have looked at are ones where people ask the question which TC to buy and it will include a list like Yank,PI, Fuddle, and a few others and from what i saw Fuddle usually finishes dead last...That says alot IMO...

Failing goes i am only commenting on when i TC failures and stuff the most common one i see is Fuddle hell in that link beastmode posted there are a coupple of replies baout the quality of their TC's and the failures ..I rarely se a thread about a Yank or PI TC failing ....it happens ofcourse all have some bad ones but i dont see it nearly as often...

have i personally experienced this with Fuddle? Nope and are there memebrs that love thier Fuddle TC? yeah i know there is...my point is when i research something before i buy it and i see a product hardly anyone recommends i know there is a reason for it.

IMO it doesnt matter if thier TC's are the best out there if their customer service is crap IMO so is their product..
exactly...internet is a wonderful place you can learn from other ppls experiences. with the countless hours of reading you can gather on tech and here youll find ppl having bad experiences with certain manufactors. cause of their experiences thats why you dont follow them. if you keep following them and not learning then you just didnt learn from other ppls mishaps. I gathered enough and seen a few first hand not ot ever run a TCI, Fuddle converter. I learned that PI is the best and Yank coming up behind....with a converters you get whaty ou pay for
Old 05-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
Yep, this is horseshit. Fuddle and White03GMC... I'm sure we've all been screwed over by a dealer of some sort, at some point in time, and we all know how much it blows. So here's my idea. Bill, if you can't get your money back, and that convertor actually does come, post up a link to your paypal account. We could all chip in a tenspot or a twenty or whatever until you've saved up 675 dollars. Then put that convertor on ebay, along with the story about, "If you're looking for a Fuddle convertor, here ya go, but their customer service sucks!" Then after it sells, donate the money to breast cancer research or the Make a Wish Foundation or whatever charity you like. Keep the tax receipt for your troubles. Now we've spread the word about Fuddle to a base of people broader than our little community, made someone else's life a bit better, and you're not stung with the $675 hit. Maybe after it all goes down, people will think twice about ******* over the good members of performancetrucks.net. What does everyone say? I wouldn't mind chipping in a few bucks.

Owen

no Owen.. there will be no need to do that, I believe I have the other one or the Fuddle sold already... I had a fall back plan incase this happened. Thanks anyways though... its good to see ppl actually care unlike some.

Unfortunately I didn no pay pal him... I used a money order per Johns request. and for those of you who keep saying you get what you pay for... I payed exactly what a Fuddle cost for this converter... $675... which is what a SS3600 would have went for, I went with a Fuddle though cause that is the converter used in the setup I am copying
Old 05-16-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

isnt the SS3600 a YANK? I am thiunking it is but either way most will agree PI is the best TC out there but most I think will also agree that for the price a YANK goes for its handsdown the best for the money depending of course how radical of a TC you get..mine was like 525 shipped and a similar PI is 800-900 bucks
Old 05-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by The Breeze
I swear Fuddle pulled that same **** on me years ago John is the biggest damn liar there is now im pissed all over again
now now settle down Harold
Old 05-17-2008, 04:37 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Holty
now now settle down Harold
Scheew thanks for calming me down Red
Old 05-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
I thought about commented on his post as well but he came right out and said he never ran one... so I figured it wasnt even worth the time of typing something up. Simple fact of the matter is products fail, whether the Fuddles fail more or not I could not tell you... but I think its kinda stupid for ppl to make comments about a product like "its junk" when they never ran it themselves.
Ive had no less then 4 of his converters in my truck and two of them failed, I put one in a buddies SSS and it failed after about 15K miles, one of the failed converters in my truck didnt lock up from the beginning, the other failed after a bunch of 4hi launches with my 418. His product is JUNK for our trucks. In a phone convo with Howard about a year and a half ago he was suprised that the converter I sent him was speced for a truck it was suppose to be for the fbodys. If you notice most of the failing Fuddles are in 4wds that cant put the power to the ground thus more stress on the converter, alot of the 2wds seem to be fairing better. Just my .02 if this site really cared about its members they would revoke his sponsorship but the almighty dollar is very powerful so I wont hold my breathe.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the new members that havent been around I used to drive an 01 ecsb Z71, realized it might look a bit funny since I have an allison trans now
Old 05-17-2008, 07:54 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Just my .02 if this site really cared about its members they would revoke his sponsorship but the almighty dollar is very powerful so I wont hold my breathe.
Last I checked Fuddle did not sponsor the truck side
Old 05-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Ive had no less then 4 of his converters in my truck and two of them failed, I put one in a buddies SSS and it failed after about 15K miles, one of the failed converters in my truck didnt lock up from the beginning, the other failed after a bunch of 4hi launches with my 418. His product is JUNK for our trucks. In a phone convo with Howard about a year and a half ago he was suprised that the converter I sent him was speced for a truck it was suppose to be for the fbodys. If you notice most of the failing Fuddles are in 4wds that cant put the power to the ground thus more stress on the converter, alot of the 2wds seem to be fairing better. Just my .02 if this site really cared about its members they would revoke his sponsorship but the almighty dollar is very powerful so I wont hold my breathe.
Why don't you go ahead and hold your breath. Your $.02 ain't worth what it used to be...........with the falling dollar and all!!!

Fuddle is not a sponsor here but, I am leaving this thread up for people in the future to see feedback on them.

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 05-17-2008 at 08:09 PM.